Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham to Total Rewards status Match

Wyndham to Total Rewards status Match

Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:44 pm

I applied to match my Hilton Gold to Wyndham Diamond on 10/15 and haven't heard anything back or seen the status applied to my account two days later. Anyone know how long the process typically takes?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I'd say 3 or 4 days
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Low Roller
I saw on another forum (although I don't know if it is right) that Caesar's TR status will expire on Jan. 31st, regardless of whether you match now or after Jan. 1st.
You might be quoting me. My understanding is that Total Rewards status resets February 1. I don't know what would happen if you matched on, say, January 30 (or even January 1). Would they extend it until January 31, 2020? I'm not sure.

My Wyndham status expires early January. My plan is to status match back from Total Rewards. I'm hoping that status will be good for the rest of 2019, and I can re-status match to Total Rewards on February 1.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
My Wyndham status expires early January. My plan is to status match back from Total Rewards. I'm hoping that status will be good for the rest of 2019, and I can re-status match to Total Rewards on February 1.
I think I was quoting you
I was thinking I'd give that a try if my initial match only goes to Jan. 31st. It may not work but I've got nothing to lose.
levilevi likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: DL PM
You might be quoting me. My understanding is that Total Rewards status resets February 1. I don't know what would happen if you matched on, say, January 30 (or even January 1). Would they extend it until January 31, 2020? I'm not sure.

I'm thinking the same as you, but I'm not going to hold my breath that this will work. Plus the more we talk about it online the more likely it is they'd fix this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
I'm thinking the same as you, but I'm not going to hold my breath that this will work. Plus the more we talk about it online the more likely it is they'd fix this.
I'm not counting on it lasting forever... if I can get it for 2019 I'll be happy
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
I have few questions about the status match:
  1. Do paid Caesars Entertainment stays count towards the 14 nights/90 days fast track?
  2. Are celebration dinner and free Atlantis stay once a lifetime or annual Diamond benefits?
Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by rdchen
I have few questions about the status match:
  1. Do paid Caesars Entertainment stays count towards the 14 nights/90 days fast track?
  2. Are celebration dinner and free Atlantis stay once a lifetime or annual Diamond benefits?
Thanks.
I don't know the answer to #1 . For #2 the celebration dinner and Atlantis stays are annual benefits.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:01 pm

Thank you

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
I don't know the answer to #1 . For #2 the celebration dinner and Atlantis stays are annual benefits.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:18 pm

Does anyone know if the status matching to other chains will continue next year?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:56 am

Giving this a go as well. Thanks
levilevi likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:02 pm

FYI. Total Rewards is becoming Caesars Rewards on Feb 1, 2019.

The announcement says that status match with Wyndham will continue.

In addition, Diamond members can also get two free nights in Dubai.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:09 pm

Dubai isn't on my bucket list, but thanks for the information that the status match will continue!!! My question has to do with the Celebration dinner. After I re-status match on February 1, will I receive another celebration dinner?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:11 pm

Follow up question -
Do I have to actually book a room in order to get the celebration dinner? Or can I just show up at one of the hotels, eat my dinner, and then leave?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:58 am

Anyone tried status matching in January so far? Wondering if Diamond status is only good till Jan 31st 2019, or if they pushed it till 2020 for you. Planning a trip early February, would like to get rate discounts if possible for Diamond status. Wondering if it's worth waiting till Feb 1st or not...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.