Wyndham to Total Rewards status Match

Old Aug 21, 19, 11:08 pm

does anyone know if i will encounter any issues with the below?
- booking 2 nights at a caesar's property (rio, specifically).
- i have TR diamond status from matching hilton>wyndham>CET but my other guest does not. can i add my guest's name to the list so he can check in first? i will not arrive until the 2nd day. i've never been to a caesar's property so will be collecting my card for the first time when i arrive as well

i saw on the website that self check in (kiosks?) are available so seems like it should be okay?

i also saw one data point that the $100 celebration dinner wasn't available until 7 days after card collection. did others experience this?
Old Aug 22, 19, 12:40 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, CET 7*, MLIFE Platinum
Originally Posted by robram56 View Post
So if I am understanding this Wyndham Diamond expires January1st so you match your still good Caesars Diamond card to get that diamond status back. Then you take the 2020 Wyndham Diamond and rematch Caesars to keep Diamond for 2020 ?
Yes, this has been the case for the last few years since the partnership started. Same as the MLIFE/Hyatt match.

Originally Posted by goodtasting View Post
does anyone know if i will encounter any issues with the below?
- booking 2 nights at a caesar's property (rio, specifically).
- i have TR diamond status from matching hilton>wyndham>CET but my other guest does not. can i add my guest's name to the list so he can check in first? i will not arrive until the 2nd day. i've never been to a caesar's property so will be collecting my card for the first time when i arrive as well

i saw on the website that self check in (kiosks?) are available so seems like it should be okay?

i also saw one data point that the $100 celebration dinner wasn't available until 7 days after card collection. did others experience this?
If it is paid nights, then it shouldn't be a problem. Just ensure you contact them and let them know. If it is a comped night, then you'll encounter a problem during check-in. Per the T&Cs: " To redeem a Caesars Rewards hotel offer the primary Caesars Rewards customer on the account must be present at check-in with valid photo ID and Total Rewards card that match the name on the hotel reservation. Complimentary rooms booked will be subject to a $50 no-show fee, plus tax if the reservation is not canceled by 6pm on the day of arrival."

Yes, you're friend can use the kiosks. But if there's any issue, a CSR may approach your friend or the kiosk might direct your friend to go to the front desk for various reasons. If they find out you're not present, your friend would have to pay the going rate for that day. Even if your friend was a CR/TR Diamond and you both used your accounts for companion rate/comp, they would still require both of you to be present. Scenarios like this happen all the time, and AFAIK they will charge him. Unless you have significant play or have a host that intervenes, I wouldn't gamble here, or prepare for worst case scenario.

You would not need to go get your card first, as they should have your CR/TR number on file if you made the reservation through their website. If you're worried about needing your card to go into the diamond check-in, they can just look it up and find it for you.

For the celebration dinner, yes, it takes a few days and up to a week to load into your account once you get tier matched.
Old Aug 22, 19, 12:59 am

sweet - thanks for the reply!

yes, the stay is a paid stay - not comped - so it sounds like all will be fine. i guess i'll just send an email ahead to add my friend's name to the stay to inform them that he will check in first.

i recently got the status matched (stay is happening next month) but i won't be getting the physical card until i arrive and i'm only going to be in vegas for perhaps 5 days. just had another check online and found this blog which suggests that the celebration dinner will be loaded instantly into the account after my physical card is created after an ID check.
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...ration-dinner/
easy_money likes this.
Old Aug 24, 19, 9:23 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by easy_money View Post
Yes, this has been the case for the last few years since the partnership started. Same as the MLIFE/Hyatt match.
Sorry, if this is redundant, I want to make sure I've got it.
On January 1, I can use my status matched CR Diamond to rematch status of Wyndham back to Diamond. Then, after that match is complete, use the Wyndham Diamond to status match my CR back to Platinum (after my existing status match expires)?
That enables me to keep CR Platinum for 2020?
Appreciate the assist.
Old Aug 24, 19, 12:44 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, CET 7*, MLIFE Platinum
Originally Posted by George M View Post
Sorry, if this is redundant, I want to make sure I've got it.
On January 1, I can use my status matched CR Diamond to rematch status of Wyndham back to Diamond. Then, after that match is complete, use the Wyndham Diamond to status match my CR back to Platinum (after my existing status match expires)?
That enables me to keep CR Platinum for 2020?
Appreciate the assist.
That's correct. Once matched again, CR Diamond will be good till January 31st, 2021 and Wyndham Diamond will be good till December 31st, 2020.

You meant to say diamond vice platinum right?
George M likes this.
Old Aug 24, 19, 8:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by easy_money View Post
That's correct. Once matched again, CR Diamond will be good till January 31st, 2021 and Wyndham Diamond will be good till December 31st, 2020.

You meant to say diamond vice platinum right?
Yes, I meant to say Diamond. Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 19, 11:16 am

Do Diamond in Wynd Rewards earn free parking/breakfast?
Old Sep 28, 19, 10:51 am

Programs: AS MVP GOLD, DL Silver, HH Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by ngupta View Post
Do Diamond in Wynd Rewards earn free parking/breakfast?
No, no breakfast benefit.
Old Sep 28, 19, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVP GOLD, DL Silver, HH Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Booking through CR - Earn WR Points as well?

I have my accounts between the programs linked. I have made a reservation through the CR portal (to get resort fee waived). Does that stay also earn WR points or is there not double dipping as such?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 3, 19, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Thu Oct 3 today, trying to be at Atlantis on Mon Oct 14th.
Just matched today HH to Wyndham. Are there any DPs that indicate Marriott may be faster since they're under the same umbrella? Has anyone matched both Marriott and Hilton? I'm gold in both due to Amex Plat.
Does Wyndham to CR Diamond take even longer? I read somewhere (not sure how accurate) that their backend only updates on Monday.
From reading this thread, seems like people are getting matched faster recently vs earlier in the year.
I called the booking line and they said I can book even a day prior to check in, as long as there is availability.

Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 19, 9:15 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
I can't get Wyndham to Total Rewards to match for the life of me online, filled out the form 3 times. I need to call in and try, anyone else have this trouble?
Old Oct 4, 19, 11:25 am

I am getting the error
Invalid Caesars Member Number

Confirmed that my Ceasars member number is correct but still see the issue
Old Oct 10, 19, 12:15 am

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Originally Posted by ga8riel View Post
Thu Oct 3 today, trying to be at Atlantis on Mon Oct 14th.
Just matched today HH to Wyndham. Are there any DPs that indicate Marriott may be faster since they're under the same umbrella? Has anyone matched both Marriott and Hilton? I'm gold in both due to Amex Plat.
Does Wyndham to CR Diamond take even longer? I read somewhere (not sure how accurate) that their backend only updates on Monday.
From reading this thread, seems like people are getting matched faster recently vs earlier in the year.
I called the booking line and they said I can book even a day prior to check in, as long as there is availability.

Thanks!
My own DP: got Wyndham matched on Oct 4th, only took 1 day!
Waited for Caesars up until Oct 8th (2 business days), emailed them with Wyndham acct# and they matched me on Oct 9th.

Search this Thread