Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silverado Resort in Napa

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Silverado Resort in Napa

Anyone ever stayed at the Silverado Resort in Napa? I was able to book a room using my Wyndham Rewards points for two nights-the room is a Cottage 1-bedroom suite. It looks pretty great and the cost if I was paying $$$ is over $400 per night with taxes and fees factored in-quite a nice use of Wyndham points.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by obbut
Anyone ever stayed at the Silverado Resort in Napa? I was able to book a room using my Wyndham Rewards points for two nights-the room is a Cottage 1-bedroom suite. It looks pretty great and the cost if I was paying $$$ is over $400 per night with taxes and fees factored in-quite a nice use of Wyndham points.
The hotel is pretty terrible, but because of its location and golf courses, it's always pretty $$$. So if you are going to the area anyway, this is an excellent use of points. I would not go out of my way to stay here though, even on a good rate. The room quality is what I would expect from a sub-$100/night property, and it was even worse than most of those.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by spgplat21
The hotel is pretty terrible, but because of its location and golf courses, it's always pretty $$$. So if you are going to the area anyway, this is an excellent use of points. I would not go out of my way to stay here though, even on a good rate. The room quality is what I would expect from a sub-$100/night property, and it was even worse than most of those.
thanks for the information. I was thinking of inserting a 3 night stay in the middle of a two week nothern California trip. What type of room did you get? I see Mansion rooms and one bedroom cottage suites , with washer and dryer.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by beachmiles

thanks for the information. I was thinking of inserting a 3 night stay in the middle of a two week nothern California trip. What type of room did you get? I see Mansion rooms and one bedroom cottage suites , with washer and dryer.
I was in a mansion estates resort room, which I assume (hope) are the worst rooms in the whole place. From the website, the cottage suites furnishings look a lot nicer. Plus the room was probably 250-300 square feet, so just having more space alone would have gone a long way to improving my enjoyment of the property. Now I'm wishing I would have just splurged to upgrade, but when I walked into my room, I immediately thought there was no way I was going to pay anymore than I already was to stay at this place.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

On points, the only available rooms were the cottage one-bedroom for the nights I booked. Hopefully these are better than the mansion estate rooms that spgplat21 panned. I'll report back in a few months after my stay. The cottage one-bedroom is described as "One Bedroom Suite featuring King Size Bed Spacious 745 sq ft Suite full of modern cottage charm featuring full kitchen with dining area, special living room with fireplace and private patio. Steps from our PGA North Golf Course. Resort fee includes Wi-Fi." Hoping this is as great as it sounds.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:27 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
On points, the only available rooms were the cottage one-bedroom for the nights I booked. Hopefully these are better than the mansion estate rooms that spgplat21 panned. I'll report back in a few months after my stay. The cottage one-bedroom is described as "One Bedroom Suite featuring King Size Bed Spacious 745 sq ft Suite full of modern cottage charm featuring full kitchen with dining area, special living room with fireplace and private patio. Steps from our PGA North Golf Course. Resort fee includes Wi-Fi." Hoping this is as great as it sounds.
I have . reservation in the same rooms for September - please do let us know, what you think. It's supposed to be a special occasion stay and I'd hate to walk into a dump...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

OK-I'm here now and checking out tomorrow. I can't speak on anything other than the cottage 1-bedroom suite as I quickly checked in and headed to the room, but the room is great. It is huge, a full kitchen, living room, big bedroom, comfy bed, nice bathroom, great shower, covered outdoor parking very close to the room, great balcony, and new televisions. Overall a great use of 15,000 points per night. If I had to pick nits: Only access to bathroom is through the bedroom, so a larger party wouldn't work. The toilet and sink were fussy but not broken. I'm sure there are nicer places in Napa and I can't speak on the mansion rooms but if you can get your hands on one of these bookings it is a steal for the points. I can't remember exactly, but I think the cash-equivalent cost for the nights I am here was over $350 per night with tax.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:40 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
OK-I'm here now and checking out tomorrow. I can't speak on anything other than the cottage 1-bedroom suite as I quickly checked in and headed to the room, but the room is great. It is huge, a full kitchen, living room, big bedroom, comfy bed, nice bathroom, great shower, covered outdoor parking very close to the room, great balcony, and new televisions. Overall a great use of 15,000 points per night. If I had to pick nits: Only access to bathroom is through the bedroom, so a larger party wouldn't work. The toilet and sink were fussy but not broken. I'm sure there are nicer places in Napa and I can't speak on the mansion rooms but if you can get your hands on one of these bookings it is a steal for the points. I can't remember exactly, but I think the cash-equivalent cost for the nights I am here was over $350 per night with tax.
thanks for the update, that's a relief. I'm also booked in the cottage 1-bed, had a similar cash rate of $350+ at time of booking and now looking forward to it!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:25 am
Fyd

I had the same experience with 1bed cottage - huge room, big fully equipped kitchen, nice bathroome, all recently renovated very comfortable bed, nice patio..
multiple pools around the property, big gym, good spa, good restaurant
I'd say this is one of the best WR redemptions I've had so far!
I know a.few chain hotels in the wine country and you won't find a better redemption for 15,000/$150 worth of points there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.