Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:47 am
Original Poster

We just booked for early April 2019 used 15K per night times 4 nights so 60K. Has anyone ever stayed here who can give us a review of the property ?

Two adults, no kids, my wife loves Universal and it's been years since we have been there so she wants to see the new Harry Potter stuff.

This is the first half of our annual April trip to Florida, we were going to spend the first half at the Wyndham Condos in Clearwater Beach but we took a peak in last week and it looks to be a zoo and the pool is WAY too small for that place ( it literally should be 4 times as big to serve the condos and hotel) so we would probably end up having to rent chairs on the beach. We may try it next year.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:20 pm

Are you familiar with the location of this property? It's located in the heart of the Disney World area. You're looking at 25 minute drive to/from Universal. That could potentially be longer if you run into any sort of traffic.

Link to Bing Maps showing Route: https://binged.it/2HvHDBO

I'm not saying you shouldn't stay near Disney World if you're only visiting Universal. I just wanted to alert you, in case you aren't familiar with the area.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Are you familiar with the location of this property? It's located in the heart of the Disney World area. You're looking at 25 minute drive to/from Universal. That could potentially be longer if you run into any sort of traffic.

Link to Bing Maps showing Route: https://binged.it/2HvHDBO

I'm not saying you shouldn't stay near Disney World if you're only visiting Universal. I just wanted to alert you, in case you aren't familiar with the area.

Thanks, the hotel says it's minutes from Universal so I had no idea.

Just minutes from Walt Disney World® and Universal Orlando Resort™, our Wyndham Bonnet Creek

We decided to stay at the Four Point By Sheraton , we have stayed here before so I know it's close. 15K SPG points total for 4 nights or $1200 plus if paying cash so I have no idea what's up with the rates, lol
synergistic likes this.

Last edited by flyer4512; Apr 26, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Glad I could help. While I've never stayed there, I've heard it's a nice place. But, it is definitively a Disney World hotel. In fact, the only way to access the hotel is by driving through part of Disney World.

Technically, that marketing claim isn't wrong. As long as it's under 1 hour, I'd say it's minutes from Universal.

I used to work in hotel sales. One of our favorite lines was to tell callers that they should make a fully cancelable reservation now because availability was limited. (Then, hope the caller stops the hotel search.) We would say that whether the hotel was 95% full or 5% full because technically it was always true. There was a defined limit to the number of rooms that were available.
flyer4512 and hi55us like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
I stayed there last year. I think is a good option for families for all the amenities that offer. I would give a 6 over 10.
Kind of close of all the parks.
Old May 5, 2018, 4:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by flyer4512

Just minutes from Walt Disney World® and Universal Orlando Resort™, our Wyndham Bonnet Creek

We decided to stay at the Four Point By Sheraton , we have stayed here before so I know it's close. 15K SPG points total for 4 nights or $1200 plus if paying cash so I have no idea what's up with the rates, lol
If you're going to be spending your time at Universal, I agree you've made the more reasonable choice. (Although, check out the on-property Loews hotels like the Royal Pacific - most come with free Universal Express Pass, which is a VERY valuable benefit.)

However, the Wyndham is definitely much nicer - I have annual passes to both Disney and Universal, but usually stay at Disney because I'm there for more of the time. It's a pretty easy Lyft ride to Universal.

Either way, have a great time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.