Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone Remember Neighborhood Inn/Summerfield Suites by Wyndham

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:59 am
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

I read awhile back that 30 years ago (it's 2018) dawned the hotel name where the two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite was born. It was called Summerfield Suites, but it actually began as Neighborhood Inn. Wyndham bought the name a decade later, gave it to Hyatt around 2005/2006, and renamed it Hyatt House in early 2012.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What do you mean by "where the two bedroom two bathroom suite was born"? Many iconic/historic/traditional luxury properties offer a few two bedroom two bathroom suites and have done so for a very long time. This includes some of the Canadian railway hotels, such as what is now the Fairmont at Lake Louise.

HH has some two bedroom two bathroom suites, but the majority of their units are smaller than this in the ones where I've stayed.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What do you mean by "where the two bedroom two bathroom suite was born"? Many iconic/historic/traditional luxury properties offer a few two bedroom two bathroom suites and have done so for a very long time. This includes some of the Canadian railway hotels, such as what is now the Fairmont at Lake Louise.

HH has some two bedroom two bathroom suites, but the majority of their units are smaller than this in the ones where I've stayed.
I forgot that, crud!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:24 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Back in the early/mid 90s I used to travel to Reston VA a lot and there was a Summerfield Suites I would stay at. But I always thought of Summerfield Suites as the same thing as Marriott's Residence Inns (which I think started back in the 70s.) So while I've never really checked, I always thought that Summerfields were a copy of Residence Inns. But I may well be wrong on that.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Back in the early/mid 90s I used to travel to Reston VA a lot and there was a Summerfield Suites I would stay at. But I always thought of Summerfield Suites as the same thing as Marriott's Residence Inns (which I think started back in the 70s.) So while I've never really checked, I always thought that Summerfields were a copy of Residence Inns. But I may well be wrong on that.
well, you are right that residence inn and summerfield suites are two different brands. both are the children of jack deboer, but their age gap is big. residence inns were known for their penthouse suite, which died due to changing standards. summerfield suites had the main building be two stories tall with rooms on the second floor and various two/three-story exterior corridor buildings. summerfield was bought by wyndham in 1998, then it was given to hyatt around the mid-2000's, only to be renamed hyatt house around early 2012 (my dad and i knew it).

residence inn has been owned by marriott since 1987, and they've taken great care of them since. someone did mention on this thread that the two-bedroom two-bathroom suite is nothing new.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:20 am
Original Poster

The name Neighborhood Inn...whatever happened to that name.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I stayed in a Summerfield Suites by Wyndham once or twice, I think it was back in the late 1990s or so. I believe I had a 1 bedroom suite.

You weren't saying that the brand was entirely 2 bedroom, 2 bath suites, were you?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I stayed in a Summerfield Suites by Wyndham once or twice, I think it was back in the late 1990s or so. I believe I had a 1 bedroom suite.

You weren't saying that the brand was entirely 2 bedroom, 2 bath suites, were you?
I wasn't.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Neighborhood Inn, anyone forgot that name?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.