Opening second Wyndham card

Old Feb 17, 18, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Opening second Wyndham card

I currently hold Wyndham card that gave me 45,000 points and still gives me 15,000 points and 2 points per dollar. Its been 2 years since I opened it. Does anyone know if I can open second card for the 45,000 points? I don't want to cancel first card since the perks are better then the current one offers. Thanks.
Old Mar 1, 18, 6:27 pm

I did this-no problem from my experience.
Old Mar 2, 18, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Did they ask you why you want second card if you already have one? thanks.
Old Mar 3, 18, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vendetto View Post
Did they ask you why you want second card if you already have one? thanks.
They don't tend to ask you anything if you apply online and are approved without having to call in.

But if any bank ever asks anything like this, the standard response is that you want to keep track of different spending separately by using different cards.
Old Mar 6, 18, 8:56 pm

They did not ask me this-nobody asked me anything-I just applied online and was approved-no problems.
Old Mar 8, 18, 11:33 am

You certainly can open a second card. Barclay's does not care, as I've done it myself. However, if you have the card that earned two points per dollar spent on ANY purchase, that card is no longer available. The current AF card only offers 2 points in spending categories and one point for everything else.
Old Mar 14, 18, 9:07 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
This is the first I have heard about being able to keep 2 of the SAME product Wyndham card open at the same time. I have churned the card many times but never had 2 open at once

Last edited by flyer4512; Mar 15, 18 at 2:53 pm
Old Mar 14, 18, 10:16 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by vendetto View Post
I currently hold Wyndham card that gave me 45,000 points and still gives me 15,000 points and 2 points per dollar. Its been 2 years since I opened it. Does anyone know if I can open second card for the 45,000 points? I don't want to cancel first card since the perks are better then the current one offers. Thanks.
No issues at all opening a second card. I just closed my second one and opened an Aviator card. I kept my first card because it’s 2x/$1 on all purchases. I did cut my limit on card #1 to $5k from $10k (don’t need the limit).

I will probably cancel Aviator next year and get another Wyndham card for another 45k points. Wyndham points have been very easy to earn with bonus promos, and incredibly easy to use.

Search this Thread