Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Where are some of the best Wyndham Properties

Where are some of the best Wyndham Properties

Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question Where are some of the best Wyndham Properties

Looking for a listing of US and Overseas Top Wyndham Properties. Would like to see what people recommend and why.
beachmiles and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Looking for a listing of US and Overseas Top Wyndham Properties. Would like to see what people recommend and why.
Really liked the Wyndham Grand in Clearwater, FL. Great location. Very very new.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mstrbldr
Really liked the Wyndham Grand in Clearwater, FL. Great location. Very very new.
This is it? Just one "best property" within the entire Wyndham system?

If this post were Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton etc., this post would be several pages by now.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:22 pm

The location of the Wyndham Grand in Chicago is great. I don't know from hotels that well, but it was problem-free in my eyes-a great use of Wyndham points.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:24 pm

And my other "best property" is... the Wyndham Grand in Clearwater-haha. But seriously it is really cool.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelexpert
This is it? Just one "best property" within the entire Wyndham system?

If this post were Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton etc., this post would be several pages by now.
No, just one property that the handful of people who looked at your thread know about being best.

The vast majority of the "best" hotels in the WyndhamRewards program, no one active in this forum has stayed at yet. It's a giant program with zillions of properties, but most of those zillion properties are at most "OK", and so very few (if any?) people invest in checking them all of those properties out (by making WyndhamRewards the only program they use while being a road warrior).

There are tons of posts and tons of users in the Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, etc forums who stay at those hotel programs' properties a lot..

By comparison, there are very users posting in the Wyndham form (and not that many more in the Choice and Best Western forums), and the user who do post there tend to use those program's hotels comparatively infrequently.

There is way less to talk about for these mostly "budget" hotel programs than there is for the "big" hotel programs. There's no upgrades to talk about, there's no lounge access to talk about, there's way fewer promos to talk about, and nobody particular wants talk about the average Days Inn/Super 8/Travelodge/Ramada/Howard Johnson/Knights Inn/etc. And Wyndham doesn't give meaningful status benefits for someone who stays many dozens of weeks a year, so I gather that most people who post here don't use WyndhamRewards as their main program and thus don't stay at 100+ WR properties a year (like so many in the Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, etc forums do).

So your answers are so short because all of the people who post in this WyndhamRewards forum have only been to a tiny tiny fraction of the WyndhamRewards properties worldwide, and simply don't know which others of those might be "best".

I post a lot in this forum, but I mostly stay at the same few Super 8 and Days Inn and Baymont Inn properties over and over (only on nights when all the "main" program hotels around are way too expensive because of local events), otherwise I mostly stay in small towns, where no brand is usually the "best", but I just need a place to stay there.

I value WyndhamRewards because it gets me rooms for the solar eclipse when no one else can. Or just a room (when every bigger chain is sold out or just not present) near the entrance to a national park. Who cares in that case that it's a Days Inn or Super 8? I'm not looking for the best hotel, I'm looking for an "acceptable" available hotel at the best location during a tough time to get hotels.

I typically don't have trouble finding hotels in "bigger" programs in bigger cities, so I never even look at WyndhamRewards in most bigger cities. WyndhamRewards requires too much "research" to figure out how "decent" an individual property is, more so than with most of the brands in the "big" programs.

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 3, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:06 pm

I haven't stayed there yet, but the Dolce Aspen Meadows Resort (in Aspen, Colorado) looks incredible.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The options to use Wyndham points is so incredibly large and varied now that there are definitely some golden nuggets in the network; and I would venture to say that it's worth looking beyond the hotels.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Here's a DoC blog page which seems to have a list of the kind you're asking for:

Best Wyndham Properties To Use 15,000 Points For A Free Night

except that It used review ratings and prices to put together the list, rather than personal experience. But that's why it's able to put together a much bigger list than people have created in this thread so far (because, like I said above, few people who post here have wide experience at WR properties).
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, Ihg, Delta, Iberia, American, Southwest
I stayed in this one and it is pretty new and really cool features.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trebol42
I stayed in this one and it is pretty new and really cool features.
There are at least 3 different properties (Clearwater, Chicago, and Aspen) mentioned above in different posts. You didn't quote a post and you didn't mention the property, so which one did you stay in???
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, Ihg, Delta, Iberia, American, Southwest
Originally Posted by sdsearch
There are at least 3 different properties (Clearwater, Chicago, and Aspen) mentioned above in different posts. You didn't quote a post and you didn't mention the property, so which one did you stay in???
I am sorry, still new in the forum and I do not think I quote right. I was talking about the Clearwater property. I have been researching and this is the most expensive Wyndham property in the US. Perfect redemption of the free night.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: United, IHG, Hilton
Really depends on what you're looking for. The Tremont House in Galveston, TX is a very nice boutique historic property, for example. If you're looking for something more in a major city center, there's the Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter, the Wyndham San Diego Harbour Lights, and the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, among others. They also have some resort properties, but I've never stayed at one.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:17 am

I stayed at the Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter during Mardi Gras weekend - was able to secure a room with two queens. An absolutely great use of Wyndham points on my opinion.

I want to use future points at Mills House in Charleston, SC.

Another great use would be Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas.

The TRYP and New Yorker in New York provide great value for the points. While not amazing hotels on their own, staying they can save a lot of $$ or points compared to other hotels in the area.
sdsearch likes this.

Last edited by Willbur; Apr 7, 2018 at 11:23 am
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
For those of us on the other side of the pond, the Ramada Encore in Belfast, while not the Savoy, is a very pleasant place to stay, and its location can't be beat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.