Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Where are some of the best Wyndham Properties

Where are some of the best Wyndham Properties

Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:27 am

We've stayed at Aspen Meadows. It's grounds are beautiful. The rooms are large, but are minimalist modern style. Kind of like the 60's hippie type. Not our style, but overall a good resort. It's outside of town (too far to walk.)
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by trebol42
I am sorry, still new in the forum and I do not think I quote right. I was talking about the Clearwater property. I have been researching and this is the most expensive Wyndham property in the US. Perfect redemption of the free night.

I am booking 4/5 - 4/9/2019 at the Wyndham Clearwater Beach Condos tonight for 60K

This place seems to sell out of the 1 Bedroom 15k units fast so I would book early, my dates actually go on sale in 2 hours

BTW, there is a 2 night minimum
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I am booking 4/5 - 4/9/2019 at the Wyndham Clearwater Beach Condos tonight for 60K

This place seems to sell out of the 1 Bedroom 15k units fast so I would book early, my dates actually go on sale in 2 hours

BTW, there is a 2 night minimum
I was wondering why I could not book it, because I was booking just one night.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by honores41
I was wondering why I could not book it, because I was booking just one night.
Years ago I was trying to book a hotel in another hotel program in Clearwater and ran into the same issue of them requiring multiple nights. I went down the road to St Pete's Beach and had no equivalent problem. So perhaps it's a thing with hotels in that specific area (not all of the greater Tampa Bay/St Pete area)?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Years ago I was trying to book a hotel in another hotel program in Clearwater and ran into the same issue of them requiring multiple nights. I went down the road to St Pete's Beach and had no equivalent problem. So perhaps it's a thing with hotels in that specific area (not all of the greater Tampa Bay/St Pete area)?
I can book one night In Clearwater with no problem. Mexico and some international locations just let me book 2 nights.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Wyndham Beacon Hill Boston. Just finished a 3 night stay. Excellent location. Read some TripAdvisor reviews that some of the rooms were tired, but we called the property and paid extra $18 per night for upgrade to Executive King on 12th or 14th floor. Nice king room. View of Charles River and Beacon Hill. Traveling with picky wife, no complaints from her, nuff said.
Starbucks across the street on Cambridge St. Whole Foods, CVS and wine store , out the back door. Mass General Hospital next door.
Liberty Hotel , SPG Luxury Collection about 3 blocks away.

Last edited by beachmiles; Apr 23, 2018 at 8:13 am
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:04 am

There is a 2 night minimum at the new Wyndham Clearwater beach condos. The hotel portion of the Wyndham may not have the same 2 night minimum and I'm sure there are a lot of other hotels in the area that are owned by Wyndham that would just be happy to sell a night.

There are stands near the Wyndham offering 2 night timeshare tours at the Wyndham condos for $99 and I received an email for a 3 night stay and 15K points for $199 so my guess is they are having trouble selling the units. I can't find a use for the Wyndham points I have so I just paid 60K for 4 nights.

I spent a day in CWB last weekend and it's night and day when compared to about 8 years ago, a lot of fancy non chain hotels/condos, new restaurants, etc

Last edited by flyer4512; Apr 24, 2018 at 7:20 pm
Old May 2, 2018, 8:22 am

I just booked for this weekend!
Old May 2, 2018, 10:46 pm

Colorado springs

The Mining Exchange, W. Grand in Colorado Springs is great. Restaurants all around and a great cigar lounge half a block away. Rome are very nice with real character. I like having a foyer with a door to the bedroom. Shower was giant too.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, CO Elite
The Hotel Henri in Chelsea NYC compares well to major chain properties in Manhattan and offers excellent redemption value.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: Chase UR, Hyatt, Hilton, Wyndham
Stayed at the Wyndham Grand in Athens last fall. Very nice rooms, great rooftop bar with views of city.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by GarySTL
Stayed at the Wyndham Grand in Athens last fall. Very nice rooms, great rooftop bar with views of city.
FYI--location is not so safe at night and during day not so great very depressing area
Old May 27, 2018, 11:07 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
I have two reservations on points that are great value:
the Silverado Napa Valley, a Dolce Resort, is more than $300 during my stay
The Donatello San Francisco, a Wyndham Vacation property, is $500/night.
The Wyndham Vacation properties now show up on the WR website, making it easier to find. Oddly, they don't show up on the mobile app, which is usually better... Wyndham IT, sigh...
I've also stayed at the Wyndham Santa Monica, which is over $400 on summer weekends.
Old May 28, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Wyndham Grand Nevis, opening 2019, could be a good addition.

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/hot...t-in-2019.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.