Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Henri -- NYC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Hotel Henri -- NYC

Have an upcoming award stay at this recently "rebranded" Wyndham hotel. Seemed like a good reward redemption at about 1.5c/p (with the fixed 15k redemption rate). Seems upscale and centrally located, but I was surprised at the mediocre reviews (it's 292/469 on TripAdvisor and a 3.8/5 on Google).

Any recent reward stays here? None of the Wyndham options in Manhattan are particularly aspirational. I was hoping this would be the exception. :/
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I haven't stayed there, I am staying at the Wyndham Wingate this weekend on 35th St. and will report back. I know I've heard bad things about the Hotel New Yorker since it switched over.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:48 pm

Stayed there about a month ago with 2 other friends for a MET tour. Overnight midweek in manhattan. Used points (15,000). Would have been $575.00 for cash stay. Was NOT impressed. Originally from NY so I'm familiar wth the size of
rooms but this was ridiculous, 3 ladies in 2 double beds (was told they were queens..ha!) If you turned around you'd bump into yourself. The 2 beds were so close together that you had to walk sideways between them. We were glad we were only using the place to sleep there and be on our way. NO breakfast, only coffee down in the lobby. If I had spent $575.00 for the night there I would have been very, very annoyed. Not impressed at all. Sorry,
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I've also heard dreadful things about the New Yorker, despite it being a historic property. The two well-received Wyndham hotels seem to be the Tryp near Broadway and the Wyndham Garden Chinatown, neither of which works for me location-wise. My sister stayed at the Wingate recently and found it to be "fine".
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:24 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I like the Wingate, for the location, and the hot breakfast buffet! It guess it's not a "10", but I'm not too fussy.

That said, I've been staying there for MANY years. They used to tell you that, while many NYC hotels are remodeled, converted apartment buildings, the Wingate was built from scratch. It has aged a little since way back then, but, it's still my first choice using Wyndham points.

One block from Madison Square Garden / Penn Station and a pleasant short walk to Times Square. Only steps from Macy's.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:46 pm

Any updates on this property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.