FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   $10 off with the APP is back (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1875720-10-off-app-back.html)

Cyberian Nov 4, 2017 4:42 am

$10 off with the APP is back

1 Attachment(s)
Book my Jan 12, 2018, stay by Jan 31, 2018

SKOOBDO Nov 5, 2017 2:43 am

I tried to be get this to work a few days ago and wouldn't work on a specific Baymont Inn I wanted to book :(

But, I received an email about registering for gold status with only one stay so I did that. Hopefully I get gold status after I complete my stay.

Too bad I couldn't get the $10 off with the link in the app.

lincoln boy Nov 5, 2017 8:08 am

Originally Posted by SKOOBDO (Post 29020130)
I tried to be get this to work a few days ago and wouldn't work on a specific Baymont Inn I wanted to book :(

But, I received an email about registering for gold status with only one stay so I did that. Hopefully I get gold status after I complete my stay.

Too bad I couldn't get the $10 off with the link in the app.

can this be stacked with visa checkout promotion? It would be nice to get $10 off per stay.

Edit: looks like this will stack with visa checkout promotion. But the rate with this promo is not $10 less than the lowest rate. My lowest without this promo is $41 but with this promo it only goes down to $38.

SKOOBDO Nov 6, 2017 7:24 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy (Post 29020913)
can this be stacked with visa checkout promotion? It would be nice to get $10 off per stay.

Edit: looks like this will stack with visa checkout promotion. But the rate with this promo is not $10 less than the lowest rate. My lowest without this promo is $41 but with this promo it only goes down to $38.

At least yours worked😊 Those are good prices regardless.

sdsearch Nov 6, 2017 8:55 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy (Post 29020913)

It says you have to book through a specific page to get this $10 off promotion. Well, does that specific page support Visa Checkout? Not all WynhdamRewards booking sites do, only some!

lincoln boy Nov 6, 2017 9:02 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 29025627)
It says you have to book through a specific page to get this $10 off promotion. Well, does that specific page support Visa Checkout? Not all WynhdamRewards booking sites do, only some!

I haven't completed my reservation with VISA checkout using the app but there is an option on the app to choose VISA checkout as a payment method.

Emskevin Nov 6, 2017 10:11 pm

It's annoying that the $10 off in app rate drops the 1000 points bonus option. Since I value the points at $10 a thousand it's kind of a wash. I am taking advantage of the Visa Checkout promo again this year. I'm working in ATL airport area this year... plenty of hotel options.

jebr Nov 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Emskevin (Post 29028817)
I'm working in ATL airport area this year... plenty of hotel options.

What hotels do you recommend in that area on the Wyndham side? Looking for a place to stay in a few months around ATL.

DaveH Nov 14, 2017 10:20 am

IMO this promo, like many Wyndham promos, makes the most sense with super cheap hotel bookings.

Note first that you MUST use the app..which means you forgo cash back from web rewards portals (which can pay 7% or more for Wyndham pre-tax charges). So that counts against this promo.

Second, as noted above it removes the bonus point option which is available at most properties.

Of course both the cash back and the bonus points present less opportunity cost at cheaper hotels. For instance, I have a Ramada booking for $68 that only gets "+ 500 bonus points" , not 1000 points, for best rate. That means that assuming 1 cent per bonus point valuation, I need > 7% cash back on the base rate to make booking on the web a better deal than using this promo.

OTOH a $119 Microtel booking--which came with 1000 bonus points--was a better deal if I simply booked over the web.

Cyberian Nov 14, 2017 4:53 pm

It paid off for me in KC last week when my preferred Quality Inn lost their franchise and $10 off made Super8 competitive with the nearby Econo Lodge that nickel & dimes you to death.

Emskevin Jul 7, 2018 2:58 pm

Sorry for late reply but someone else may benefit. The Howard Johnson in College Park doesn't look like much on the outside and they have a parking issue but the rooms are spacious, nice and they have a restaurant and bar. The breakfast are good with real protein on them. The Microtel on Massachusetts also is pretty ok. Each budget wise run about the best quality wise vs cost.