FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   App Reservation Fail - Beware (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1871863-app-reservation-fail-beware.html)

cubbynole Oct 13, 2017 1:57 pm

App Reservation Fail - Beware

Spur of the moment 1000 mile trip to attend the funeral of a family member. Made reservation on the Wyndham app for a Ramada along the way, e-mail confirmation looks great, 2 rooms for 1 night for a total of $x. Arrive at the hotel around midnight, desk agent says the reservation is only for one room, but that they are not sold out (thankfully). I show her the confirmation e-mail, she agrees that it says that it is for two rooms, but the confirmation came through to the hotel for only one room, so she does nothing (maybe/hopefully she just wasn't empowered to do anything), says I need to call Wyndham to have another room added to the reservation - tired and just wanting to get to bed, I jump through the hoops (desk agent did "upgrade" me to an executive room for the trouble), but the long and short of it, I paid for three rooms and got two rooms. I've tried calling the hotel twice, left a message for the manager to call me to resolve the situation, nothing is happening. It's not a lot of money, it was a cheap rate at a Ramada. I'd prefer to not go the route of disputing the charge on my credit card, but come on. It's bad enough the hotel didn't get the reservation properly on a stay booked through their own app, but the unwillingness to help is more troubling.

Fyd Oct 16, 2017 1:16 am

Originally Posted by cubbynole (Post 28929339)
Spur of the moment 1000 mile trip to attend the funeral of a family member. Made reservation on the Wyndham app for a Ramada along the way, e-mail confirmation looks great, 2 rooms for 1 night for a total of $x. Arrive at the hotel around midnight, desk agent says the reservation is only for one room, but that they are not sold out (thankfully). I show her the confirmation e-mail, she agrees that it says that it is for two rooms, but the confirmation came through to the hotel for only one room, so she does nothing (maybe/hopefully she just wasn't empowered to do anything), says I need to call Wyndham to have another room added to the reservation - tired and just wanting to get to bed, I jump through the hoops (desk agent did "upgrade" me to an executive room for the trouble), but the long and short of it, I paid for three rooms and got two rooms. I've tried calling the hotel twice, left a message for the manager to call me to resolve the situation, nothing is happening. It's not a lot of money, it was a cheap rate at a Ramada. I'd prefer to not go the route of disputing the charge on my credit card, but come on. It's bad enough the hotel didn't get the reservation properly on a stay booked through their own app, but the unwillingness to help is more troubling.

Not sure if this is a mobile app failure or a Ramada Staff failure... they might have overbooked the hotel and used this as an excuse...