Property Response to Bedbugs?

Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Property Response to Bedbugs?

I stayed at a Baymont Inn & Suites in Bartonsville, PA this weekend. The hotel reeked of cigarette smoke in the lobby and halls, but the worst part was that, after we'd been in the room for several hours, we discovered a bedbug in one of the beds.

We called the front desk, and they moved us to a room down the hall and reduced the bill by $50. I was half asleep when they said about reducing the bill, so I didn't think to suggest that they do more than that or suggest that they relocate us to a different hotel.

I'm a little disgusted by the incident, and everything has been washed on a super hot cycle and dried on high.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Wyndham
The Bed Bug issue/problem has now crossed all price points. The facilities response is what I judge them on. I try to run all clothes through high heat dryer in my packing cubes before emptying the clothes out at home. I also never let my suitcase touch ground or bed in room. Always looking for tips and hints of preventing an accidental transfer of bedbugs to my home. I work in several hospitals and trust me the problem is not limited to hotels.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Emskevin
The Bed Bug issue/problem has now crossed all price points. The facilities response is what I judge them on. I try to run all clothes through high heat dryer in my packing cubes before emptying the clothes out at home. I also never let my suitcase touch ground or bed in room. Always looking for tips and hints of preventing an accidental transfer of bedbugs to my home. I work in several hospitals and trust me the problem is not limited to hotels.
This is good advice. Also, not limited to borders either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.