Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn a Free Night in Two Stays w/Masterpass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn a Free Night in Two Stays w/Masterpass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:35 pm

i cannot figure out how to use masterpass on the website.

i click masterpass button, it goes to masterpass i sign in but after that it brings me back to wyndham website

?????????????????
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay

I had booked with a non-prepaid rate, but the woman at the front desk nonetheless didn't need my credit card. When I asked, she says "no, whatever site you used to book is what the payment will come through," so I assume that means whatever card I put into Masterpass when I booked is the one that will be charged.
does anyone know what would happen if when I made the res using MP I had say a Citi MC as my primary CC, and then before the stay I input another CC and indicate that to be my primary CC. Will the new added CC be the CC that is charged and how would that affect getting the 7500 pts if at all
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
is this offer also valid for Tryp by Wyndham hotels reservations,
if so how?
Because when you search on wyndhamhotels.com site and click on Tryp hotel to make the reservation , the site redirect you to tryp site and there is no masterpass checkout option.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Don't have a cheap wyndham near me to do the 10K bonus points.
Does anyone know if award reservations trigger the 10K bonus? (Award stays are qualifying stays)
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by lsed
Don't have a cheap wyndham near me to do the 10K bonus points.
Does anyone know if award reservations trigger the 10K bonus? (Award stays are qualifying stays)
I would doubt it, according to the T&C's GoFree and GoFast Awards are not deemed a "Qualified Stay" for earning points (even though they are deemed a "Qualifying Night" for purposes of Elite qualification).
lsed likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
If you book via masterpass where they underlying CC is the Wyndham Rewards Visa, will the charges still count for 5x rewards points just as it would with no Masterpass intermediary?

TIA
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue
i cannot figure out how to use masterpass on the website.

i click masterpass button, it goes to masterpass i sign in but after that it brings me back to wyndham website

?????????????????
Yes then just complete the reservation after it takes you back to the Wyndham page. I did this promo last year and I even had to pay at the hotel for the stay, it made almost no sense. but I did get credit.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by winkny
is this offer also valid for Tryp by Wyndham hotels reservations,
if so how?
Because when you search on wyndhamhotels.com site and click on Tryp hotel to make the reservation , the site redirect you to tryp site and there is no masterpass checkout option.
This really annoyed me, I had a stay in Bogota and I wanted to stay at the Tryp property there but it seems like Tryp has its own website. ymmv on this one ... I ended up just booking one that came up on the Wyndham page to be sure
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Yes then just complete the reservation after it takes you back to the Wyndham page. I did this promo last year and I even had to pay at the hotel for the stay, it made almost no sense. but I did get credit.
Weird. So after booking via Masterpass we could instead use a Wyndham Visa and pay at the hotel?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by hockeystl
Weird. So after booking via Masterpass we could instead use a Wyndham Visa and pay at the hotel?
dont take my word for it, it is possible it was just a one off situation .. god knows Wyndham's IT isn't the best. Why couldn't you use make the reservation with your Wyndham Visa thru Masterpass? I doubt it has to be a Mastercard. Although the two reservations I just made for this promo was actually a Mastercard so not certain if you could use a visa or not
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA
I am trying to book a Tryp hotel in Spain but it doesn't give me an option to pay with masterpass. Is there a limit to which brands can be used for this promo?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Exclamation What is up with Masterpass

First, I had one heck of a time trying to get signed up for master pass even with a master card as my primary card. I even called Wyndham support and they couldn't get it to work either so I waited a day.

The second day I still had issues but when I closed a browser, up popped a message saying I had created a Master pass account.

Then when I went to use it, there was no where to check Master pass. When I was at the front desk I asked about it and they were clueless.

Seems to me and I am guessing here that this must be done via the Wyndham App nd only then when you book, you are given the opportunity to pay with maste rpass. Is this correct??? If so, Forget it as I wont use the app.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by sony2012
I am trying to book a Tryp hotel in Spain but it doesn't give me an option to pay with masterpass. Is there a limit to which brands can be used for this promo?
It didn't let me book Tryp either. I went with a Wyndham instead.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
First, I had one heck of a time trying to get signed up for master pass even with a master card as my primary card. I even called Wyndham support and they couldn't get it to work either so I waited a day.

The second day I still had issues but when I closed a browser, up popped a message saying I had created a Master pass account.

Then when I went to use it, there was no where to check Master pass. When I was at the front desk I asked about it and they were clueless.

Seems to me and I am guessing here that this must be done via the Wyndham App nd only then when you book, you are given the opportunity to pay with maste rpass. Is this correct??? If so, Forget it as I wont use the app.
welcome to Wyndham IT. After you enter your card information on the masterpass page, it brings you back to the check out page on the Wyndham page or website. At that point, click make reservation. Hotel employees are always clueless don't even waste your time
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo

No, you can book with masterpass on the site;you don't need the app. I believe wyndham makes a distinction between wyndhamrewards.com and wyndhamhotels.com, and you need to book using the latter. If you just make a regular booking and show up at the hotel with you cc it will not work - when I used masterpass, my info was already in the system when I checked in and I didn't need to present my cc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.