FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   3x points target promo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1827799-3x-points-target-promo.html)

oopl Mar 7, 2017 12:54 pm

3x points target promo

Received an email with the subject "1 Qualified Stay = 3X the points"
A one click link leads to successful registration.

* Capitalized terms used without definition in these promotion terms and conditions (“Promotion Terms”) will have the meanings ascribed to them in the Wyndham Rewards program terms and conditions, available at www. WyndhamRewards.com/terms (the “Program Terms”). To qualify for the Stay 1, Get 3x Wyndham Rewards points offer (“3X Points Offer”), a Wyndham Rewards Member must: (i) receive an email invitation from Wyndham Rewards specific to the 3X Points Offer (the “3X Points Offer Email”); then (ii) complete the one-click registration process for the 3X Points Offer between March 7, 2017 and May 25, 2017 (the “Registration Period”) by clicking on the “registration” link in the 3X Points Offer Email or register through the “My Promotions” section of their Wyndham Rewards Member account on wyndhamrewards.com or the Wyndham Rewards mobile app during the Registration Period; and (iii) complete a Qualified Stay, which Qualified Stay has a check-in date between March 7, 2017 and May 25, 2017 and a checkout date no later than June 2, 2017 (an “Offer Qualifying Stay”). A Member who qualifies for the 3X Points Offer will receive triple Wyndham Rewards points for each Offer Qualifying Stay she completes (i.e., triple the amount of base points such Member would have earned for such stay pursuant to the Program Terms). Qualified Stays are subject to certain restrictions and do not include third party online bookings; see the Program Terms for more information about Qualified Stays. The bonus Wyndham Rewards points earned by a Member pursuant to these Promotion Terms (the “3X Bonus”) will usually be posted to such Member’s Member account within two to four weeks following the completion of such Member’s Offer Qualifying Stay. For clarity, any stay that (i) is completed prior to registration for this promotion, (ii) has a check-in date prior to March 7, 2017, and/or (iii) has a check-out date after June 2, 2017, will not be counted towards the 3X Points Offer. Members can earn the 3X Bonus for up to three (3) rooms during each Offer Qualifying Stay.

The 3X Points Offer is exclusive to Wyndham Rewards Members who receive the 3X Points Offer Email. The 3X Points Offer is not transferable and may not be substituted for or combined with any other offer. Wyndham Rewards, Inc. may cancel or modify the 3X Points Offer without notice. The 3X Points Offer is subject to full Program Terms in addition to these Promotion Terms, and is void where prohibited.

italdesign Mar 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Does that mean, as a Blue member (whose normal earn rate is 10x per dollar), I would earn 30x per dollar under this promotion?

sdsearch Mar 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Does it mean that if you stay at a cheap hotel for just 1 night you get 3x the minimum 1000 points and thus 3000 points? Or is that minimum 1000 points not considered all "base points"? :confused:

(Not that I've gotten this targeted email yet.)

Emskevin Mar 14, 2017 7:50 am

Could someone send me the link for this promo. I did not receive the targeted email. I see no reason why Wyndham should exclude me.

Kevin

sdsearch Mar 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Emskevin (Post 28035105)
I did not receive the targeted email. I see no reason why Wyndham should exclude me.

Based on the replies in this thead so far, I'm guessing hardly anyone has gotten this email except for the OP, and thus WR is not giving this promo to most people. How they determine who they target, that's anyone's wild guess.

In the past, I've gotten other (much milder) targeted promos for my next stay after I'd done some WR stays and then stayed away from WR for a while. But they were so mild (just a few hundred points), that I don't bother posting about them when I got them.

The OP didn't explain their WR stay pattern, so it's hard to stay who they're giving this particular promo to.

Emskevin Mar 14, 2017 4:38 pm

I understand. Very irritating.

oopl Mar 15, 2017 1:18 am

I am Gold with Wyndham but haven't had a stay with them since last summer.

kyunbit Mar 16, 2017 4:04 am

Wish I got the email :(

sdsearch Mar 16, 2017 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by kyunbit (Post 28043842)
Wish I got the email :(

I think everyone (besides the OP who already got it) wishes that.

It's been so long since a public points (or miles) promo on stays. In fact, it's been quite a while since the last public promo on stays of any sort, and that was only for those virtual gift cards last summer.

Fyd Mar 16, 2017 10:36 pm

I didn't get the email, but was still targeted:
Check your account on the website - in the upper right hand corner after logging in, there is a "My Promotion" section with a link to the promotion to sign up! Good luck!
Oh, and I don't think it is 3x1,000p minimum: the t&c refer to "base points" while the difference between base points and the 1,000 minimum post as "go get'em bonus", but I haven't had a stay under the promo to prove it one way or the other...

sdsearch Mar 18, 2017 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Fyd (Post 28047680)
I didn't get the email, but was still targeted:
Check your account on the website - in the upper right hand corner after logging in, there is a "My Promotion" section with a link to the promotion to sign up! Good luck!

I logged in but nothing there for me under My Promotion (other than "click here for other deals & offers", which is just the usual advance purchase offers and partners offers and such).

My last paid stays were this January. (You didn't explain when you last stays were.)

Fyd Mar 23, 2017 12:59 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 28053346)
I logged in but nothing there for me under My Promotion (other than "click here for other deals & offers", which is just the usual advance purchase offers and partners offers and such).

My last paid stays were this January. (You didn't explain when you last stays were.)

My last stay was last year, so that might be part of the trigger - trying to win back customers who haven't stayed in a while...

satori Mar 24, 2017 10:00 am

I have only booked GoFast reward stays since June 2015. I was targeted for this triple points promotion.

A hotel like Days Inn Riga, Latvia has 28 EUR per night for a high rated hotel on a flexible cancellation rate with 1,000 bonus points.

Assume $25 base room rate before tax 30 points X $25 = 750 points + 1,000 points +250 points (1,000 points minimum) = 2,000 points.

2,000 points equivalent to $20 rebate value on a $30 per night room.

OR

(depending how 1,000 points minimum stay and 3x points bonus calculated)

$25 x 10 base points = 250 + 750 points for minimum nightly earn rate.
1,000 points x triple points = 3,000 points + 1,000 bonus points rate = 4,000 points.

4,000 points equivalent to $40 rebate on $30 per night room.

Either way, I'll be happy to spend $30 per night to earn Wyndham Rewards points.

I have seen a couple of Wyndham and Ramada hotels in Europe where I can still book a $200 to $400 per night suite this summer on a GoFast Reward for 3,000 points + copay (23 EUR-62 EUR).

Emskevin Mar 24, 2017 11:59 pm

One of my favs that routinely had rates around $300 or so during summer used to have a go fast of $55. Just noticed they changed it to $85. Still a good deal but not the awesome deal it was last year.

Cheers

flyer4512 Mar 29, 2017 7:33 pm

I received the email but don't have much use for it.

It’s so easy. Just register and complete a Qualified Stay during the promotional period at your choice of nearly 8,000 Wyndham Rewards hotels worldwide, and 3X the points are all yours.
You must register and book by May 25 to take advantage of this offer.