FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Denied suite upgrade when one was available Wyndham Deerfield Beach - Diamond member (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1819438-denied-suite-upgrade-when-one-available-wyndham-deerfield-beach-diamond-member.html)

CCMember Feb 2, 2017 3:28 pm

Denied suite upgrade when one was available Wyndham Deerfield Beach - Diamond member

The "level perks" for a Diamond member state this:

"Upgrade to a suite, every time you stay—even when you stay on a go freeSM or go fastSM award night.
Subject to availability at check-in for Qualified Stays, Go Free Award stays & Go Fast Award stays at select Participating Hotels that offer suites. Subject to additional restrictions"

I used a "go free" award night at this property and tried to check in early. No rooms were ready so I inquired about a possible upgrade to a suite. I knew a suite was available because I had just checked the app on my phone. The clerk said "oh we only have a few of those but we can upgrade to an ocean view room." I then proceeded to show her the suite upgrade perk on my phone and asked if this doesn't apply and she basically just said "no."

Excuse me? It states "upgrade to a suite" not "upgrade to the next best room." I take this seriously because the whole point of me attaining Diamond status was to enjoy the perks! Being a Diamond member at most Wyndham properties is irrelevant because most don't even offer suites! That's why I specifically chose a property that does so that I get what is entitled per the terms and conditions!

I had to wait a couple of hours until a room was ready and in the meantime I called Diamond Concierge. The agent said that they called the hotel and the person said "no suites were available." Again, that's total BS. Suites were available they just didn't want to give me one.

Once I finally checked in they put me on the SECOND floor in a corner room room with an amazing view of the large A/C unit. Woohoo! Just checked the app again and suites are still available!

So what gives? What's the point of offering suite upgrades as a perk for Diamond if the properties that actually have suites deny you the upgrade?

Wyndham Alison Feb 6, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi CCMember!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience on property. I would like to investigate this further and take any corrective action that is necessary. Will you please private message me your Wyndham Rewards member number and dates of stay at the Deerfield Beach property.

--Wyndham Alison

dinanm3atl Feb 18, 2017 4:10 pm

This is my worry about this with Wyndham.

One could say 'maybe someone is going to pay for the suite' at some point. So they can just never give them out.

I've barely been offered a bottle of water or chips as a Diamond. And I qualified the day it launched from previous stays and almost instantly re-qualified.

CCMember Apr 5, 2017 5:38 pm

Never heard any feedback from this. Just checked into the Wyndham Garden near La Cantera in San Antonio. Diamond status wasn't even acknowledged/recognized nor was I offered a suite upgrade even though they're available. I'm beginning to feel like Diamond status is utterly worthless.

travelexpert May 4, 2017 1:04 am

Just based on my awful experiences dealing with Wyndham trying to book a "simple" award--I would never even dream about trying to get elite status with Wyndham.

Wyndham defines "bottom of the barrel" in the loyalty stakes :(

Emskevin May 4, 2017 8:22 pm

I am actually in a condo right now that I booked through Wyndham Vacation Rentals. It's in the Phoenix V in Orange Beach. The property is managed by Kaiser (wyndham) out of Gulf Shores and they have a few hundred condos, houses, and cottages. Anyway process was painless and I'll post about the experience. I'm Diamond with Wyndham and overall I am very pleased with my treatment however I'm more of a working class guy so I'm not used to all of the
Bowing and genuflecting that they do at the more premium loyalty programs.

Seat 2A Oct 24, 2017 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Wyndham Alison (Post 27873368)
Hi CCMember!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience on property. I would like to investigate this further and take any corrective action that is necessary. Will you please private message me your Wyndham Rewards member number and dates of stay at the Deerfield Beach property. --Wyndham Alison

As a newly minted Diamond level member, I'm curious as to how this situation was resolved.

To be honest, I don't really expect to be upgraded into a suite, much less anything else. My prior Platinum status has never before been mentioned or acknowledged at check-in and I suspect many of the desk clerks aren't even aware of such things and couldn't care less regardless. Indeed, my first experience as a Diamond level member was that upon calling the hotel for pickup after my late night arrival, I was informed that the hotel had been overbooked. I was left with absolutely nothing except a rote apology. Beyond that, no help relocating me to another property or anything else. Just "Sorry". At 1:00am.

The primary benefit of Wyndham Rewards for me is a good selection of decently priced properties and the GoFast Awards.

The fact that there's no active thread here addressing other's experiences with these Diamond upgrades suggests that they either aren't happening very often or that the few Diamonds that post here may not care enough to address this issue anyway. Either way, I'm satisfied with the good rates I get though in the interests of program integrity I think Wyndham Rewards would do well to drop this upgrade tease (especially since most of the desk clerks I've encountered have no idea about things like program status) and perhaps instead reward us Diamonds with say, double points.

Seat 2A Jan 30, 2018 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by CCMember (Post 28135203)
Never heard any feedback from this. Just checked into the Wyndham Garden near La Cantera in San Antonio. Diamond status wasn't even acknowledged/recognized nor was I offered a suite upgrade even though they're available. I'm beginning to feel like Diamond status is utterly worthless.

Ever heard anything from Wyndham Alison? Does he/she even exist anymore?

Given that this issue is being suffered and addressed here by Wyndham Rewards' most loyal (so far) and by extension elite members, I would have expected a more proactive response from Wyndham Rewards management - if only in the form of Wyndham Alison who has not posted here since July and it would appear has retired for good.

Marriott Rewards is looking better and better, especially now that I've got a company paying for the rooms.

synergistic Feb 1, 2018 9:38 am

Given that the elite benefits are few and the good ones are rarely available, we see no worthwhile value to any sort of status with Wyndham. We just chase promos and redeem for GoFast on our two separate accounts. I think we got something like 38k in each of our accounts last year, with five nights/stays apiece. 76k points for less than $750, and the GoFast awards have yielded very good points values when we've used them. It's our most valuable hotel program, but we have zero loyalty to them outside of promos.

dinanm3atl Feb 4, 2018 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic (Post 29366894)
Given that the elite benefits are few and the good ones are rarely available, we see no worthwhile value to any sort of status with Wyndham. We just chase promos and redeem for GoFast on our two separate accounts. I think we got something like 38k in each of our accounts last year, with five nights/stays apiece. 76k points for less than $750, and the GoFast awards have yielded very good points values when we've used them. It's our most valuable hotel program, but we have zero loyalty to them outside of promos.

I'm only a member and use them to stay at lower tier places to earn points and use them at nicer places either via GoFast or free nights. The rest of the benefits simply don't exist. I have experienced the same thing as the OP. I am at check-in and know I could book an upgraded room right now and check-in and get it. Told 'there isn't any available'. It's 1230am... really think how many are showing up and looking for it?

Azalea Rose Luciano Nov 21, 2020 11:52 pm

I’ve been a member of wyndham for over 4 years. They don’t value us.

Originally Posted by Wyndham Alison (Post 27873368)
Hi CCMember!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience on property. I would like to investigate this further and take any corrective action that is necessary. Will you please private message me your Wyndham Rewards member number and dates of stay at the Deerfield Beach property.

--Wyndham Alison

OK I’ve been a member at the Wyndham group for over 4+ year I’ve been diamond member for over 2+ years I’ve spent a lot of money using the hotels chains on their Wyndham. And every time I’ve asked for an upgrade I’ve been denied. Or I’ve been charged money by the hotel itself. Wyndham is franchised out Saudi onerous y’all that they do not have to follow or uphold loyalty rewards whatsoever I have never gotten a price basket I have never gotten an upgrade. All I’ve actually got an exit disrespected by the employees at the hotel. Wyndham has never trying to reach out Correct they’re wrongs whatsoever I have most of all complaints through there end With no kind of fixing of the problem. I still have emails from their customer support him they have gone without any kind of contact from upper Wyndham The most recent was during Covid while I was staying at a Ramanda by the airport area Where the employee gave a key to my room to a unauthorized individuals saying that I told them to come down there to get my key I advise front office that it was not approved and the front desk advised me that the situation will ask for an upgrade and a move of rooms. And when I found out and got back to the property I was told the individual was not a proper gas and gave the new key to me and I checked the new room and that individual was in that room so my safety and trust within woman and has completely been ignored because I reported it to you Wyndham itself and have gotten nothing back! I have addressed Wyndham about 5 times within the last four years and never have gotten any kind of solutions. I am someone who is working on building a nonprofit organization for LGBT community and people who suffer from and my illness that I currently have have and I have been living in a hotel system for about for five years and I have no house. And I’ve chosen an Wyndham as a safe place for me to travel and talk to others get that for her but all the money I have spent into Wyndham and have been a loyal customer to them doesn’t mean anything to them Which is absurd. You have to sue them I guess to get any kind of fixings for any kind of problem because they will not address it . Unfortunately Windham does not make Franchise holders live up to any kind of standard which I have spoken to multiple franchises about their own lack of quality. Wyndham the name is being used and abused by the Franchise holders and honestly I have started looking at different reward programs with different hotel change. Wyndham really needs to say back and look at the people who are using their name and dragging their name through the dirt. I know window has a higher quality image than what the franchisee holders promote. There should be some sort of system of checks and balances on the quality of these hotels that are owned by franchises. Upholding Windham’s values and standards and also respecting rewards members that have been customers for years and spent money with Wyndham. I’m young and I don’t know anything about the legal system but I have so much against Wyndham that I could definitely take a good portion of their company if I decided to figure out how to bring a lawsuits against them id own have of their business or put them out completely. because of the swept under the rug Mentality Wyndham has, They are such a big vcompany they don’t have time to be bothered by such a small person as myself, you’ll never get an upgrade on around honey. Next is coming from me and I’m in Florida LOL. And Wyndham is not gonna do anything about it

LondonElite Nov 22, 2020 3:34 am

Welcome to FT! Maybe you could summarise your rant in a set of short readable sentences?

Azalea Rose Luciano Nov 22, 2020 6:40 am

Of course I can

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32835975)
Welcome to FT! Maybe you could summarise your rant in a set of short readable sentences?

well my rant Mr. London it’s about how a corporate organization treats their following and loyal customers! Nothing is ever solved by wyndham customer service team ever! And they do not make their franchisees honor rewards members benefits! Unfortunately wyndham is the bottom of the hotel chain! And I was letting the young lady who started With the concern of not being upgraded even though she was elite member that she will never get that and if she calls and complain there will be no remedy to it! I don’t need to be downgraded by some random person behind cyberspace. If it seems like a rant it’s because I’m mad With wyndham and their ability to take care of loyal customers! I don’t need you a tea tell me to summarize some thing because this is my response and I wanted to be noun maybe somebody in wyndham Mike contacts me eventually to fix the problem! I’m just happy finally that I’m not the only one who was subjected to a horrible service or franchisees not respecting rewards levels and benefits! I just hope that Windham does reach out to me so I can let them know that these franchisees are running their name through the dirt and representing them the wrong way and that’s why they are at the bottom of the hotel choices. Take care of your customers and they’ll take care of you I’ve always been told. [mod edit]

LondonElite Nov 22, 2020 6:58 am

So the short version is that you are unhappy that Wyndham have not upgraded you, nor has their customer services team been responsive to the issues you have raised with them.

Why do you keep staying in Wyndham hotels if you don't get the service you feel you deserve? What about giving Hyatt a try?

noneemac Dec 21, 2020 4:37 am

I would read your post if ...

Originally Posted by Azalea Rose Luciano (Post 32835822)
OK I’ve been a member at the Wyndham group for over 4+ year I’ve been diamond member for over 2+ years I’ve spent a lot of money using the hotels chains on their Wyndham. And every time I’ve asked for an upgrade I’ve been denied. Or I’ve been charged money by the hotel itself. Wyndham is franchised out Saudi onerous y’all that they do not have to follow or uphold loyalty rewards whatsoever I have never gotten a price basket I have never gotten an upgrade. All I’ve actually got an exit disrespected by the employees at the hotel. Wyndham has never trying to reach out Correct they’re wrongs whatsoever I have most of all complaints through there end With no kind of fixing of the problem. I still have emails from their customer support him they have gone without any kind of contact from upper Wyndham The most recent was during Covid while I was staying at a Ramanda by the airport area Where the employee gave a key to my room to a unauthorized individuals saying that I told them to come down there to get my key I advise front office that it was not approved and the front desk advised me that the situation will ask for an upgrade and a move of rooms. And when I found out and got back to the property I was told the individual was not a proper gas and gave the new key to me and I checked the new room and that individual was in that room so my safety and trust within woman and has completely been ignored because I reported it to you Wyndham itself and have gotten nothing back! I have addressed Wyndham about 5 times within the last four years and never have gotten any kind of solutions. I am someone who is working on building a nonprofit organization for LGBT community and people who suffer from and my illness that I currently have have and I have been living in a hotel system for about for five years and I have no house. And I’ve chosen an Wyndham as a safe place for me to travel and talk to others get that for her but all the money I have spent into Wyndham and have been a loyal customer to them doesn’t mean anything to them Which is absurd. You have to sue them I guess to get any kind of fixings for any kind of problem because they will not address it . Unfortunately Windham does not make Franchise holders live up to any kind of standard which I have spoken to multiple franchises about their own lack of quality. Wyndham the name is being used and abused by the Franchise holders and honestly I have started looking at different reward programs with different hotel change. Wyndham really needs to say back and look at the people who are using their name and dragging their name through the dirt. I know window has a higher quality image than what the franchisee holders promote. There should be some sort of system of checks and balances on the quality of these hotels that are owned by franchises. Upholding Windham’s values and standards and also respecting rewards members that have been customers for years and spent money with Wyndham. I’m young and I don’t know anything about the legal system but I have so much against Wyndham that I could definitely take a good portion of their company if I decided to figure out how to bring a lawsuits against them id own have of their business or put them out completely. because of the swept under the rug Mentality Wyndham has, They are such a big vcompany they don’t have time to be bothered by such a small person as myself, you’ll never get an upgrade on around honey. Next is coming from me and I’m in Florida LOL. And Wyndham is not gonna do anything about it

... you would respect us readers enough to break it into several shorter paragraphs and perhaps proofread it for typos. Thank you.