Wyndham hotels in Bali

Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:37 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Wyndham hotels in Bali

Hi all,

Considering staying at the Wyndham properties in Bali. I'm Diamond; do any have better treatment of Diamonds than others? Going with family, so I want a resort-type location. Planning on using points.

Follow-on question: I'm very confused about the new Tamansari Jivva. The nightly rates come up as $55 or so, which seems nonsensical considering they claim it's a luxury location. In fact, the "go fast" rate is 3,000 points plus... the same $55, which further confuses me.

I could also split my stay half/half (planning six days) if that's a smarter idea.

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Hi all,

Considering staying at the Wyndham properties in Bali. I'm Diamond; do any have better treatment of Diamonds than others? Going with family, so I want a resort-type location. Planning on using points.

Follow-on question: I'm very confused about the new Tamansari Jivva. The nightly rates come up as $55 or so, which seems nonsensical considering they claim it's a luxury location. In fact, the "go fast" rate is 3,000 points plus... the same $55, which further confuses me.

I could also split my stay half/half (planning six days) if that's a smarter idea.

Thanks!
I'd guess it's mostly marketing. Lots of hotels in Bali claim they're a resort, or luxury, when they're definitely not.

I stayed in a Wyndham/Ramada "resort" on points a few years back that was pretty bad, in Benoa.

I took a quick look at the property, and it's not near any of the normal action spots. So if you're not leaving the hotel, fine, otherwise you're in deep doo-doo. Uber shows it as a 100-145k one way ride to Kuta. I'd guess 45 minutes to an hour drive depending on time of day.

Looking at Tripadvisor reviews, almost all recent 5 star reviews are from new users. Either fake, or "Leave use a 5 star review, get a free appetizer" type deal, I'd guess.

For a 6 night stay, I'd normally stick with one place. In Bali you can often get a lot for your money.

I'd find a place with great elite benefits. How many people? Kids?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I'd guess it's mostly marketing. Lots of hotels in Bali claim they're a resort, or luxury, when they're definitely not.

I stayed in a Wyndham/Ramada "resort" on points a few years back that was pretty bad, in Benoa.

I took a quick look at the property, and it's not near any of the normal action spots. So if you're not leaving the hotel, fine, otherwise you're in deep doo-doo. Uber shows it as a 100-145k one way ride to Kuta. I'd guess 45 minutes to an hour drive depending on time of day.

Looking at Tripadvisor reviews, almost all recent 5 star reviews are from new users. Either fake, or "Leave use a 5 star review, get a free appetizer" type deal, I'd guess.

For a 6 night stay, I'd normally stick with one place. In Bali you can often get a lot for your money.

I'd find a place with great elite benefits. How many people? Kids?
2.5 people (i.e. 2 adults, one kid). I really want to use Wyndham points for this since I can never find a good use for my points, but if the consensus is that there's no really decent Wyndham, then I'll fall back to SPG or something.

You're right about the location, I just looked it up. Maybe that place is off my list then, as although I don't necessarily want to go walking around the neighbourhood, nor do I want to be locked up if I don't want to be.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2.5 people (i.e. 2 adults, one kid). I really want to use Wyndham points for this since I can never find a good use for my points, but if the consensus is that there's no really decent Wyndham, then I'll fall back to SPG or something.

You're right about the location, I just looked it up. Maybe that place is off my list then, as although I don't necessarily want to go walking around the neighbourhood, nor do I want to be locked up if I don't want to be.
What's the age of the kid?

We did a somewhat unplanned 7 night stay at the Bali Hilton Resort this month. They've got some new property teething issues, but in a month or two might be acceptable. Our 4 year old certainly liked it.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Jan 21, 2017 at 2:41 am
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Same age. My Hyatt Diamond runs out before the stay, though...
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same age. My Hyatt Diamond runs out before the stay, though...
Sorry, I made a typo, it was the Hilton...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.