Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points Expiration

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Points Expiration

I see the Wyndham website now shows the 3 and 4 year expiration dates of points.

I'm guessing the oldest points would be used first.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:03 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I see the Wyndham website now shows the 3 and 4 year expiration dates of points.

I'm guessing the oldest points would be used first.
That's correct! Your points will be used on a first in, first out basis.

-Wyndham Alison
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wyndham Alison
That's correct! Your points will be used on a first in, first out basis.

-Wyndham Alison
In addition, after 18 consecutive months without any account activity, all of your points will be forfeited. Be sure to stay or redeem with us by July 31, 2018

Using the info off my account Does the stay has to be completed by July 31,2018 or can it be booked by 7/31/2018 for a stay after July 31, 2018 ?

Does booking a reward stay extend the expiration date of any remaining points ?

Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:55 pm

My Wyndham account says that my points "will expire on August 31, 2020...and after 18 consecutive months without any account activity, all of your points will be forfeited. Be sure to stay or redeem with us by August 31, 2018."

Does this mean that only a points-earning stay or else a points redemption will keep my points from expiring by August 31, 2018? Earning points via using my Wyndham credit card will not extend this expiration date; is this correct?

Last edited by muji; Mar 29, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:05 pm

Does the stay has to be completed by July 31,2018 or can it be booked by 7/31/2018 for a stay after July 31, 2018 ?
I have the same question.

(I wish Wyndham would make such things clear on their webpage. I wasn't able to locate an answer to this question there.)

Last edited by muji; Mar 29, 2017 at 10:21 pm
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:06 pm

In addition, after 18 consecutive months without any account activity, all of your points will be forfeited. Be sure to stay or redeem with us by July 31, 2018

Using the info off my account Does the stay has to be completed by July 31,2018 or can it be booked by 7/31/2018 for a stay after July 31, 2018 ?

Does booking a reward stay extend the expiration date of any remaining points ?

Thanks
The stay can be booked by July 31. However, point expiration dates do not change due to account activity.

--Wyndham Alison
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by muji
My Wyndham account says that my points "will expire on August 31, 2020...and after 18 consecutive months without any account activity, all of your points will be forfeited. Be sure to stay or redeem with us by August 31, 2018."

Does this mean that only a points-earning stay or else a points redemption will keep my points from expiring by August 31, 2018? Earning points via using my Wyndham credit card will not extend this expiration date; is this correct?
Hi!

Each time points enter your account OR are redeemed the account status will be renewed. This will only impact the year and a half account activation status which prevents you from forfeiting all points due to inactivity. It will not extend the 4-year lifespan of your points.

--Wyndham Alison
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:15 pm

I have the same question.

(I wish Wyndham would make such things clear on their webpage. I wasn't able to locate an answer to this question there.)
Hi muji!

Account activity si defined as each time points enter (completed stay) an account OR leave (redemption/booking w/points) an account.

--Wyndham Alison
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:11 pm

each time points enter your account ...the account status will be renewed.
Account activity is defined as each time points enter (completed stay) an account OR leave (redemption/booking w/points) an account.
Sorry, I need to ask again to be clear on this:
Does this mean that only a points-earning stay or else a points redemption will keep my points from expiring by August 31, 2018?

Earning points via using my Wyndham credit card will not extend this expiration date; is this correct?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I need to ask again to be clear on this:
Does this mean that only a points-earning stay or else a points redemption will keep my points from expiring by August 31, 2018?

Earning points via using my Wyndham credit card will not extend this expiration date; is this correct?
Wyndham Credit card activity extends your point expiration date
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:25 pm

Wyndham Credit card activity extends your point expiration date
That is what I assumed, since that is usually the case with credit card use. Wyndham, however, is less than clear on that when they say "Be sure to stay or redeem with us by August 31, 2018" (failing to say "or earn points via our Wyndham credit card").
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

That is what I assumed, since that is usually the case with credit card use. Wyndham, however, is less than clear on that when they say "Be sure to stay or redeem with us by August 31, 2018" (failing to say "or earn points via our Wyndham credit card").
I have never earned one point staying at Wyndham.........I found out last year that incidental spends ( food, drinks, etc) don't earn points on reward stays like you do at Marriott , Hilton, Sheraton.

All of Wyndham points have been earned through CC spend and bonuses and each month that I use my card my 18 month expiration date gets pushed bac
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Dup post
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're looking in the wrong place.

That's just a hint they're giving. It's not the place for full story. That would be the T&Cs:
where under General Conditions it says:
11. All accrued points in a Member's Wyndham Rewards account may be cancelled or forfeited if the Member has no Account Activity (as defined below) for a period of eighteen (18) consecutive months.

[...]

13. "Account Activity" is defined as any point earning, redemption or transfer activity involving a change in the Member's Wyndham Rewards point balance, including but not limited to the earning or redemption of points, the earning of Travel Partner Currency, credit card earning through Wyndham Rewards, and the redemption of Wyndham Rewards points for airlines miles/tickets, the redemption for gift cards or merchandise, or the donation of points to charity. Wyndham Rewards earning and redemption opportunities are subject to change and may vary by country. Please visit wyndhamrewards.com for the most up-to-date list of redemption items available in your country.
So it does say what you want (and much more) if you look in the right place.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:23 am

I bought wyndham points on daily getaway April 2016. Can I purchase 1000 Wyndham points to extend this for another 18 months?
Also, based on points bought April 2016, can I book before October 2017 for a stay in 2018 or do i need to complete the stay by October 2017 (18 months when I bought the points)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.