FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Go Fast Award Cancellation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1795689-go-fast-award-cancellation.html)

MichaelBaku Oct 10, 2016 10:25 am

Go Fast Award Cancellation

I have some Go Fast Reward reservations which I need to cancel. They were booked online and I'm still within the free cancellation period. My question is can I cancel them online and get the points sent back to my account automatically or do I have to call in to get the points back? Thanks.

Wyndham Alison Oct 10, 2016 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku (Post 27327836)
I have some Go Fast Reward reservations which I need to cancel. They were booked online and I'm still within the free cancellation period. My question is can I cancel them online and get the points sent back to my account automatically or do I have to call in to get the points back? Thanks.

Hi MichaelBaku,

As long as you cancel your reservation online or by phone within the free cancellation period, your points will be automatically deposited back into your account.

- Wyndham Alison

MichaelBaku Oct 10, 2016 8:02 pm

Thank you, Alison.

Fyd Oct 12, 2016 8:23 am

I did it a few times online and it worked without issues each time.
I cancelled once by phone and it was a mess - online is the way to go...

MichaelBaku Oct 12, 2016 9:27 am

Yes, I cancelled the reservation online and the points were immediately back in my account so now we know the best way forward.

GoAmtrak Aug 31, 2017 3:59 pm

Is there a penalty or forfeiting of points for early departure on a Go Fast award? I'm WR Plat, about to take care of a relative during medical treatment. Family insists that I prepare to stay 7 nights even if I might only be needed for 3-5. I won't know for sure till I'm at least 3-4 days in.

I've stayed at the Microtel in question before and they said early departures on paid rates are okay, but that they're not allowed to touch WR bookings at all and that I'd have to call and ask. I looked in the WR T&C and can't find anything, so is there a published policy or is it YMMV?

sdsearch Aug 31, 2017 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak (Post 28761849)
Is there a penalty or forfeiting of points for early departure on a Go Fast award? I'm WR Plat, about to take care of a relative during medical treatment. Family insists that I prepare to stay 7 nights even if I might only be needed for 3-5. I won't know for sure till I'm at least 3-4 days in.

I've stayed at the Microtel in question before and they said early departures on paid rates are okay, but that they're not allowed to touch WR bookings at all and that I'd have to call and ask. I looked in the WR T&C and can't find anything, so is there a published policy or is it YMMV?

The difference between a paid reservation and a Go Fast/Free reservation is that with a paid reservation you're only paying the hotel, so WyndhamRewards doesn't have to get involved. With Go Fast/Free, at least part of your reservation is paid by WyndhamRewards to the hotel, and so WyndhamRewards does have to get involved. I think if you look at it that way, then it may make more sense that you have to contact WyndhamRewards because their points are involved, where as with a paid stay only your money is involved.

I thus suggest you call (interactive voice) WyndhamRewards with your question so it can be resolved quickly. (Trying to communicate via email in a situation like this may not help if they don't respond to your email in a timely manner. An interactive situation like a voice call or an online chat is much better, because it's harder for them to not respond.)

There may be an advance amount of time that you have to give for early departure with Go Fast, which is why I suggest you call them ASAP to find out how to do it, even if you're not absolutely sure yet how many days you need yet.

You mention that there's nothing about this in the T&Cs. But is there anything about early departure at all in the T&Cs??? Ie, if they don't spell out the availability of early departure on Go Fast/Go Free stays in the T&Cs, that would cause me concern if I were in your shoes. (Again, WR don't need to spell out availability of early departure on paid stays since that's totally up to the hotel.)

GoAmtrak Sep 12, 2017 9:51 am

Thanks, sdsearch. I was able to request an early check-out from the hotel the day before the early departure, and called WR to confirm that a subsequent points refund was allowed. The property's night auditor adjusted the cash billable portion and my folio the next morning was correct. After checkout, I called WR again and the difference in points was back in my account the next day. ^

Travelomania Sep 30, 2017 3:13 pm

I have the following dilemma:

The overseas property I would like to book does no longer allow cancellation on a points stay (it did until a few days ago).
They do however allow a 24-hr cancellation for a Go Fast stay.

Could I ethically consider making the Go Fast reservation (I assume no prepayment is required) and cancel when I'm sure I don't need to change plans and be able to use a Go Free (points) reservation instead and then proceed to book the same room in the hope it is still available ?