Award Reservation Glitches

Old Sep 24, 16, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Award Reservation Glitches

Just booked a go free award at the Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter for two nights in early October (15,000 points per night). When i log into the Wyndham app it says i will be charged $316.82 for my stay. I call Wyndham rewards to check if i will be charged and the rep said yes i will be charged $316.82. I said it is a Go Free award, I shouldn't be charged anything at checkout.

She said:

"oh yes, i see it says Go Free but it also shows the total for your stay will be $316.852, that's weird...something is not right. I'm pretty sure you won't be charged at checkout but call the hotel directly and confirm with them what they see."

I call the hotel directly they say that they see there will be a charge of $316.82 for the say. I say it a Go Free Award. They said to call Wyndham rewards...

Ughhh!!!! The Wyndham technology is about as poor as i've seen!!

I booked this award for my brother who knows nothing about points, so I'm sure i will be getting a phone call from him when he checks in/out in October.

--Even putting this aside...I just had a completed paid stay a few days ago at a cheap Days Inn, and they overcharged me for one night. Called Wyndham who said to call the hotel. The young front desk agent didn't know how to fix the overcharge and said i would have to call back next week when the "accountant" was in. Was finally refunded a week after i checked out.

Last edited by longleaf; Sep 24, 16 at 1:08 pm
Old Sep 24, 16, 7:55 pm

I'm sorry you are going through what you are going through.

I had a similar issue recently trying to book a Go Free award. The reservation system was showing availability, but it refused to let me book online. I phoned Wyndham Reservations and was told I had to speak to Wyndham Rewards. Wyndham Rewards said that I had to speak to Wyndham Reservations. And, yes, Wyndham Reservations said that I had to speak to Wyndham Rewards. Finally, Wyndham Rewards stayed on the line and connected us to Wyndham Reservations who informed me that no hotel existed where I was going. At that point, the Wyndham Rewards representative intervened and told the agent that in fact two properties existed in the city I was heading to. The representative then had to spell the name of the city for the reservations agent. This was an absolutely laughable situation.

Ultimately, I was able to secure my reservation, but good grief! It should not be this difficult.
Old Sep 25, 16, 3:52 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
I have to reset my password and my wifes password all the time.

Sometimes the account is locked so we have to call to reset the PW

To look up reservations after you log in you still need your confirmation number and half the time it says the site is down and to try back later

Wyndham IT is a joke

This website is temporarily unavailable but we'll be back soon!

For reservations, dial 1.866.996.7937.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thank you for visiting Wyndham Rewards.

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 25, 16 at 4:12 pm
Old Sep 27, 16, 5:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TTT103 View Post
I'm sorry you are going through what you are going through.

I had a similar issue recently trying to book a Go Free award. The reservation system was showing availability, but it refused to let me book online. I phoned Wyndham Reservations and was told I had to speak to Wyndham Rewards. Wyndham Rewards said that I had to speak to Wyndham Reservations. And, yes, Wyndham Reservations said that I had to speak to Wyndham Rewards. Finally, Wyndham Rewards stayed on the line and connected us to Wyndham Reservations who informed me that no hotel existed where I was going. At that point, the Wyndham Rewards representative intervened and told the agent that in fact two properties existed in the city I was heading to. The representative then had to spell the name of the city for the reservations agent. This was an absolutely laughable situation.

Ultimately, I was able to secure my reservation, but good grief! It should not be this difficult.
Tell me this was in Playa del Carmen because I just went through the same exact thing including being sent from Rewards and Reservations as well as being told there were no hotels in Playa!!

Search this Thread