Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cheap way to generate membership activity so points don't expire in 18 months?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I didn't see this in a Wiki. So, I knew there was a hard expiration limit of 4 years on Wyndham Rewards points. What I didn't realize is that I could lose my points "earlier due to membership inactivity or otherwise pursuant to the Wyndham Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.":

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=

I'm covered because I'm using up my points this Fall; but my wife's points expire around Christmas, 2016 under the 18 month period. She no longer has the Wyndham credit card.

Aside from staying at a Wyndham (no plans for that prior to Christmas), what are some low or no cost ways to generate membership activity?

Was going to recommend the Wyndham credit cards to a friend and was trying to confirm the 4 year expiration when I encountered the 18 month verbiage.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:32 pm

I would recommend https://www.opinionrewardspanel.com/

Each survey you complete automatically redeems into your Wyndham account (no need to save up points for a redemption). Even if you don't qualify for the survey you still get 5 points for your trouble which will count as activity for the purposes of saving your points.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IHGforFree
I would recommend https://www.opinionrewardspanel.com/

Each survey you complete automatically redeems into your Wyndham account (no need to save up points for a redemption). Even if you don't qualify for the survey you still get 5 points for your trouble which will count as activity for the purposes of saving your points.
Thanks IHGforFree. I'd signed up for Opinion Rewards to keep United Miles alive and that worked perfectly for me. But they do spam me a lot. Wonder if you can change the partner you can earn points with--that would be convenient. Will check with my wife to see if that's something she'd be interested in doing for her Wyndham points.

Any other methods you or others know of to generate membership activity?
Old Sep 18, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Just note that the surveys don't generate points if you are from Canada!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
Thanks IHGforFree. I'd signed up for Opinion Rewards to keep United Miles alive and that worked perfectly for me. But they do spam me a lot. Wonder if you can change the partner you can earn points with--that would be convenient. Will check with my wife to see if that's something she'd be interested in doing for her Wyndham points.

The other cheapest/easiest ways would probably be to donate points (you can donate as few as 50) or buying points (you can buy as few as 1000 for $11).
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:59 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy

Hi moretimeoffguy,

In addition to the Opinion panel, you have the ability to purchase up to 5,000 points per year if you are looking to stay active. Click here to learn more.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Alison
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:07 pm

Just get one of the credit cards. One card has NAF so you can use it once a year or so to keep points alive
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IHGforFree
The other cheapest/easiest ways would probably be to donate points (you can donate as few as 50) or buying points (you can buy as few as 1000 for $11).
Donated 50 points to Hotels for Heroes. Thanks again to all for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.