Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

DEAD COCKROACH under my pillow!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

I spent the long weekend at an attraction in northern California. The first day we stayed at a Days Inn and I found a DEAD COCKROACH under my pillow! Together with it are some cockroach feces (under two pillows on two beds).

How scared I was!!!

All the hotels within 50 miles are booked out that day, so we had to stay. The hotel owner changed the linens for us, and promised a refund (I haven't received it yet). However I do think it's not that simple. What should I do other than complaining (which I will do right now)?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:06 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
We are sorry to hear of your experience and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please direct message us or email us at [email protected] so we can assist with your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Why were you "scared?"

Grossed out I understand, but the big bad cockroach isn't going to hurt you. And frankly, they're not very big in Northern California. A refund sounds appropriate.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
We are sorry to hear of your experience and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please direct message us or email us at [email protected] so we can assist with your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you.
OK. Thanks! I reported to Wyndham yesterday.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Why were you "scared?"

Grossed out I understand, but the big bad cockroach isn't going to hurt you. And frankly, they're not very big in Northern California. A refund sounds appropriate.
Right! It was dead. I just didn't help getting scared, thinking there were more coming. It's not big, but not small either.

Trick is when the room service person was changing the linen for us, a new insect (not cockroach this time) flew in and landed on the new linen. GROSS!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by gao_simon
Right! It was dead. I just didn't help getting scared, thinking there were more coming. It's not big, but not small either.

Trick is when the room service person was changing the linen for us, a new insect (not cockroach this time) flew in and landed on the new linen. GROSS!
You, my friend, frighten easily.

Let me recommend you never visit anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon Line, and avoid the tropics altogether.

I wish you safe and bug free travels.

Doc
Old Jul 8, 2016, 11:20 am

A few years ago, I was staying at the Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach in Sydney, Australia, and I returned to my room one evening to find that one of my neighbor guests had disposed of their room service tray by placing it in front of my door -- not to the side of it or next to their room door, but directly in front of my door so that I had to step over it to get into my room. What kind of an ignorant and rude person would do such a thing?

Anyway, when I got into the room there was a big cockroach on the closet door. I called the front desk to inform them and asked for someone to come and get rid of the unwanted items. After a long wait with no one showing up, I killed the cockroach myself and disposed of it in the toilet.

I never received an apology or any points or compensation for my inconvenience. So I guess you were lucky to get some points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.