FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Incredible Rinky Dink Rewards Reservation Cancellation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1776319-incredible-rinky-dink-rewards-reservation-cancellation.html)

dldkjones Jul 5, 2016 10:46 am

Incredible Rinky Dink Rewards Reservation Cancellation

Tried repeatedly to cancel reward reservation using points online at wyndhamrewards and wyndham to no avail each time message given that website function down and to call. Finally called wyndham rewards as cancel deadline approaching and after 23 minutes on hold agent unable to locate reservation using confirmation number provided at time of booking and told must call hotel directly. Call hotel directly and told have to transfer to central reservations. Central reservations unable to locate with confirmation number but found using name, property and arrival date. Cancellation reflects a completely different confirmation number, a cash pay rate instead of points, and points not credited back to wyndham rewards account. Hotel sent reminder with a completely different confirmation number than either of the other 2 given. Issue still not resolved and wondering if points reservation ever was cancelled so need to call back to confirm but can't now as have other things that need to be done. Unbelievable inept customer service and technology for a hotel program.

How is one supposed to cancel a reservation with this program without spending most of a morning to do so, a task that can be done online in 15 seconds with other programs?

Wyndham Rewards Jul 5, 2016 8:06 pm

We apologize for all of the inconveniences you have encountered with this reservation. Please private message us, email us at [email protected], or contact us at 1-866-996-7937 so that we may further assist you with these concerns.

a330300 Jul 6, 2016 1:05 pm

Agreed - tried to cancel a Wyndham GoFast booking online, which errored out. After a long cancellation phone call, I was told the points would take at least 7 days to post.

6 days later, no sign of the points. Tweeted Wyndham, advised to email. Emailed - no response after 24 hours. Contacted the 866 number as suggested by the Twitter team and Wyndham Rewards on Flyertalk, was told that it was still processing and reminded that their T&Cs allow them to take 7-10 business days. What an awful process to say the least.

Is this the normal process Wyndham Rewards or is there a technical issue that is causing all of this?

gardener Sep 8, 2016 6:35 am

The Wyndham website is hopeless, doesn't even display your current reservations.

I find the iPhone app much better. Seems they are investing their limited IT budget there. Displays upcoming reservations and past stays and easy to cancel reservations right from the app.