Wyndham Member Level Experiences

Old Jul 4, 16, 2:34 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 27
Wyndham Member Level Experiences

I'm creating this thread as a place to share experiences with the perks promised for the new Wyndham Rewards levels. Here's my first experience:

Member Level: Diamond
Property: Microtel Madison, WI
Stay Type: Paid
Preferred Room: N/A - did not request
Late Checkout: N/A - did not request
Early Check-in: N/A - did not request
Suit Upgrades: Yes, the upgrade was not offered, but once I requested it I was upgraded from a queen room to a queen suite. The value of the upgrade was approximately $10.
Welcome Amenity: No welcome amenity was offered.
IHGforFree is offline  
Old Jul 13, 16, 10:33 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,038
Member Level: Diamond
Property: Travelodge Oshawa, ON Canada
Stay Type: Paid
Preferred Room: N/A - did not request
Late Checkout: N/A - did not request
Early Check-in: N/A - did not request
Suit Upgrades: No. No offer. No mention.
Welcome Amenity: No welcome amenity was offered.

Feel like this is just something they 'setup' to look like other programs but most wyndham locations don't have suites and what amenities are they going to offer? A bottle of water or a bag of chips?
dinanm3atl is offline  
Old Jul 14, 16, 8:57 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl View Post
Member Level: Diamond
Property: Travelodge Oshawa, ON Canada
Stay Type: Paid
Preferred Room: N/A - did not request
Late Checkout: N/A - did not request
Early Check-in: N/A - did not request
Suit Upgrades: No. No offer. No mention.
Welcome Amenity: No welcome amenity was offered.

Feel like this is just something they 'setup' to look like other programs but most wyndham locations don't have suites and what amenities are they going to offer? A bottle of water or a bag of chips?
I agree, so far I haven't been overly impressed. I have a stay coming up at a Wyndham Grand next month, it will be interesting to see if a higher-end property does a better job of implementing the new membership perks.

Member Level: Diamond
Property: Super 8, Storm Lake, IA
Stay Type: Paid
Preferred Room: N/A - did not request
Late Checkout: N/A - did not request
Early Check-in: N/A - did not request
Suit Upgrades: No, but I was upgraded from a Queen to a King.
Welcome Amenity: N/A - Super 8 isn't required to provide welcome amenities.
IHGforFree is offline  
Old Jul 14, 16, 10:51 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,038
Originally Posted by IHGforFree View Post
I agree, so far I haven't been overly impressed. I have a stay coming up at a Wyndham Grand next month, it will be interesting to see if a higher-end property does a better job of implementing the new membership perks.

Member Level: Diamond
Property: Super 8, Storm Lake, IA
Stay Type: Paid
Preferred Room: N/A - did not request
Late Checkout: N/A - did not request
Early Check-in: N/A - did not request
Suit Upgrades: No, but I was upgraded from a Queen to a King.
Welcome Amenity: N/A - Super 8 isn't required to provide welcome amenities.
Stayed at one in Baltimore. Was a big can of nope down the board
dinanm3atl is offline  
Old Jul 15, 16, 8:27 am
  #5  
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Posts: 395
Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! If you ever need any assistance with booking a stay or general questions about our Member Levels program, please feel free to login to your Wyndham Rewards account and contact your dedicated concierge line.

Last edited by Wyndham Alison; Oct 7, 16 at 9:18 am
Wyndham Alison is offline  
Old Jul 15, 16, 8:34 am
  #6  
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Posts: 395
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl View Post
Member Level: Diamond
Property: Travelodge Oshawa, ON Canada
Stay Type: Paid
Preferred Room: N/A - did not request
Late Checkout: N/A - did not request
Early Check-in: N/A - did not request
Suit Upgrades: No. No offer. No mention.
Welcome Amenity: No welcome amenity was offered.

Feel like this is just something they 'setup' to look like other programs but most wyndham locations don't have suites and what amenities are they going to offer? A bottle of water or a bag of chips?
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! Amenities will vary by location and region.

Have you heard about go free PLUS & go fast PLUS? This is one of my favorite perks about the program, where for every go free or go fast award night you book in our most sought-after destinations, you’ll receive a discount on an unforgettable local experience in a participating city.

As a Diamond Member, you’ll receive 2 free tickets for a very unique, local experience in a participating city. You can learn more here.
Wyndham Alison is offline  
Old Jul 15, 16, 1:04 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Posts: 4,641
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl View Post
Member Level: Diamond
Property: Travelodge Oshawa, ON Canada
Stay Type: Paid
Preferred Room: N/A - did not request
Late Checkout: N/A - did not request
Early Check-in: N/A - did not request
Suit Upgrades: No. No offer. No mention.
Welcome Amenity: No welcome amenity was offered.

Feel like this is just something they 'setup' to look like other programs but most wyndham locations don't have suites and what amenities are they going to offer? A bottle of water or a bag of chips?
The "Welcome Amenity" is not available at Travelodges. Specifically the T&C state that the "Welcome Amenity" is only:

Available at Dolce®, Wyndham Grand®, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®, Wyndham Garden®, TRYP by Wyndham®, Ramada Worldwide®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham® and Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham®.
As far as a suite upgrade, I agree that it would be nice if they proactively offered it, but if it matters to you I would certainly ask.
fairviewroad is offline  
Old Sep 3, 16, 9:18 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Wyndham Plat, Hyatt a lot of points.
Posts: 111
Gold

I was wondering if my humble gold status would get me an upgrade at a Wyndham Grand on a reward stay?
TheRoadIsLife is offline  
Old Sep 4, 16, 9:32 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 24,029
Originally Posted by TheRoadIsLife View Post
I was wondering if my humble gold status would get me an upgrade at a Wyndham Grand on a reward stay?
It depends on so many things it's completely unpredictable.

First, it depends on whether they have any upgradable rooms in the first place.

Then it depends on whether they have any of those rooms free at the time you arrive (or at the time earlier in the day when they chose your room) and stay free for the duration of the stay (if your stay is more than one night; btw, upgrades in all programs tend to be easier the shorter the stay).

But then it also depends on whether the staff there has been trained properly about status benefits that should be given out.

I often stay at one hotel (in another program) where the upgradable rooms are only available for upgrades on very slow nights (and I always stay just one night at a time at that hotel). Most nights they are already all occupied, because they have so few of them (and don't charge an unreasonable amount in cash for them).

So you see, without knowing not only the specifics of the hotel but also their booking load during you stay, it'd be really hard to judge even if you weren't just "humble Gold".

And this whole status thing at WyndhamRewards is very new, and so we don't have much experience with it yet.
sdsearch is offline  
Old Sep 26, 16, 12:13 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 388
Member Level: Gold
Property: Travelodge, Reno - downtown strip
Stay Type: cash + points
Preferred Room: N/A - did not request
Late Checkout: requested and denied.
Early Check-in: N/A - did not request
Suit Upgrades: N/A

This was my first stay as Gold. Honestly, I'm a simple guy and was happy with the quality of the room. However, i really was expecting to receive late check out per Gold status. It would have really been helpful for my circumstances, but the manager at the motel told me that she had never even heard of it and it didn't exist. Seemed kind of odd and screwed up my plans a little bit.

That night i stayed next to the airport at a Baymont suites, and asked if late check out could be available. It was out of curiosity only since i was leaving early morning. The lady said no problem.

I guess i just had a bad first experience with the Gold status.
maxp0wers is offline  
Old Sep 26, 16, 2:02 pm
  #11  
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Posts: 395
Originally Posted by TheRoadIsLife View Post
I was wondering if my humble gold status would get me an upgrade at a Wyndham Grand on a reward stay?
Hi TheRoadIsLife,

As a Gold Member, you'll be able to enjoy a preferred room and late checkout.

For full Member Levels details, visit here.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, please login to your Wyndham Rewards account and call your dedicated concierge line.

Thanks!
Alison

Last edited by Wyndham Alison; Oct 7, 16 at 9:19 am
Wyndham Alison is offline  
Old Sep 27, 16, 9:51 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: Global Entry
Posts: 430
Member Level: Diamond
Property: V Samana, Dominican Republic
Stay Type: Go Free
Preferred Room: Denied
Late Checkout: N/A - did not request
Early Check-in: N/A - did not request
Suit Upgrades: Asked. Told I had to buy it.
Welcome Amenity: Welcome Drink (standard I believe)

Not really impressed. Most properties don't really understand the benefits even when you pull up their website showing the benefits. The exception so far was the Ramada Apollo in Amsterdam. Wonderful staff.
SPLITTERZ is offline  
Old Sep 27, 16, 10:56 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Posts: 4,641
Originally Posted by maxp0wers View Post
It would have really been helpful for my circumstances, but the manager at the motel told me that she had never even heard of it and it didn't exist.
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ View Post
Most properties don't really understand the benefits even when you pull up their website showing the benefits.
Sounds like Wyndham, which so aggressively engages in external marketing, needs to engage in some aggressive internal marketing, too.

Considering how ubiquitous the ads are for the Wyndham Rewards program (that irritating guy with the red beard seems to inhabit the lobby of every Super 8 in North America), you'd think hotel managers would be aware of the "member levels" by now.
fairviewroad is offline  
Old Sep 27, 16, 2:34 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 388
Originally Posted by fairviewroad View Post
Sounds like Wyndham, which so aggressively engages in external marketing, needs to engage in some aggressive internal marketing, too.

Considering how ubiquitous the ads are for the Wyndham Rewards program (that irritating guy with the red beard seems to inhabit the lobby of every Super 8 in North America), you'd think hotel managers would be aware of the "member levels" by now.
Couldn't agree more and had the same thoughts. The Rewards program is everywhere in lobby, yet the manager has no idea what it is.

I really like the earning / redemption value and structure of the program, but it would be nice to have some of the promised benefits as well instead of the manager telling you that they don't exist.
maxp0wers is offline  
Old Sep 27, 16, 2:47 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: Global Entry
Posts: 430
Originally Posted by maxp0wers View Post
Couldn't agree more and had the same thoughts. The Rewards program is everywhere in lobby, yet the manager has no idea what it is.

I really like the earning / redemption value and structure of the program, but it would be nice to have some of the promised benefits as well instead of the manager telling you that they don't exist.
Couldn't agree more. I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting the credit card with 2 free nights on it. I missed it when it was 3 free nights
SPLITTERZ is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread