Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Member Level Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
My guess is they were provided the info and don't want to 'give away' rooms to people. They are selectively ignoring it. I have heard more than once people being denied late check-out which shouldn't bother them at all.

I am a Diamond and have been since it was launched and have yet to get a single thing and stayed 30+ days just in the last couple months.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
My guess is they were provided the info and don't want to 'give away' rooms to people. They are selectively ignoring it. I have heard more than once people being denied late check-out which shouldn't bother them at all.

I am a Diamond and have been since it was launched and have yet to get a single thing and stayed 30+ days just in the last couple months.
Yeah, so just marketing and not delivering on promises. The diamond dedicated line isn't really helpful with passing complaints along. Took them 5-10 minutes to find the hotel I was even talking about.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:28 pm

got upgrade twice

Member level - Diamond
Microtel - ANC AK
pd for cheapest room - got gift bag and hot tub suite.

Love the perks.....

Originally Posted by IHGforFree
I'm creating this thread as a place to share experiences with the perks promised for the new Wyndham Rewards levels. Here's my first experience:

Member Level: Diamond
Property: Microtel Madison, WI
Stay Type: Paid
Preferred Room: N/A - did not request
Late Checkout: N/A - did not request
Early Check-in: N/A - did not request
Suit Upgrades: Yes, the upgrade was not offered, but once I requested it I was upgraded from a queen room to a queen suite. The value of the upgrade was approximately $10.
Welcome Amenity: No welcome amenity was offered.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AKpirate
Member level - Diamond
Microtel - ANC AK
pd for cheapest room - got gift bag and hot tub suite.

Love the perks.....
First positive post we have seen.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 6:15 pm

Property: Super8 Monterey, CA
Stay Type: GoFast
Preferred Room: 2 Beds
Late Checkout: N/A - did not request
Early Check-in: N/A - did not request
Suit Upgrades: No. Not sure they exist here.

It seems from this thread Wyndham should at LEAST start getting managers/owners/whoever to at the very minimum thank those with status. But... based on them not displaying reservations online the locations might not even know you are diamond.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Suit Upgrades: No. Not sure they exist here.
I'm pretty they don't exist at any WyndhamRewards hotels. They only exist at tailors.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 7:59 pm

Looks like I copy/pasted a previous typo
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Property: Super8 Monterey, CA

It seems from this thread Wyndham should at LEAST start getting managers/owners/whoever to at the very minimum thank those with status. But... based on them not displaying reservations online the locations might not even know you are diamond.
The "Welcome amenity" is not promised at Super 8's. See Post #7. I agree that it would be a good idea for the hotel to at least acknowledge your status, especially at the Diamond Level.

That said, I'm not sure there's much they can do for you at a typical Super 8 beyond early check-in/late check-out. But an enterprising manager could surely think of something.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by fairviewroad
The "Welcome amenity" is not promised at Super 8's. See Post #7. I agree that it would be a good idea for the hotel to at least acknowledge your status, especially at the Diamond Level.

That said, I'm not sure there's much they can do for you at a typical Super 8 beyond early check-in/late check-out. But an enterprising manager could surely think of something.
I get that. And most properties an upgrade or welcome gift isn't even possible/offered. So my point is... what is the point of the program? I'd rather have the whole BS wiped out and say if you are Gold you can redeem for slightly less for GoFast/Free night and Diamonds even less.

That's the real proof their care about loyalty. Giving me a water bottle from costco isn't a sign of the appreciation of loyalty.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Whatever the benefits are need to be something that is not at discretion of these properties. Specifically the properties operating as Days Inn, Knights Inn, Super 8, and Ramada. The properties are garbage properties, the service is terrible, the resident managers of the properties don't know anything about the loyalty program, and don't care about it.

So they need to give extra points (this needs to credit through corporate, not something the property does since it has become clear these properties are far too low end to execute a rewards program with actual on property benefits), offer discounted redemptions for those with status, or ... I don't know. Something.

The current on property benefit thing at these low end properties is clearly not working.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by storewanderer
Whatever the benefits are need to be something that is not at discretion of these properties. Specifically the properties operating as Days Inn, Knights Inn, Super 8, and Ramada. The properties are garbage properties, the service is terrible, the resident managers of the properties don't know anything about the loyalty program, and don't care about it.

So they need to give extra points (this needs to credit through corporate, not something the property does since it has become clear these properties are far too low end to execute a rewards program with actual on property benefits), offer discounted redemptions for those with status, or ... I don't know. Something.

The current on property benefit thing at these low end properties is clearly not working.
100% agreed. Most of the time I am at a Days Inn, Super 8 or Ramada(Knights Inn is just too terrible) and 9/10 the person working has no idea the program even exist.

How they rolled out a loyalty program and the majority of their properties don't know is crazy. This is like Taco Bell/McDonald's/Whatever launching a new food item and 1/2 the stores go "The what?"

It should be embarrassing and Wyndham Corporate should be doing something.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by storewanderer
That's a pretty broad generalization. I think it's fair to say those properties offer an inconsistent experience, but there are plenty of Super 8's, Days Inns, and Ramadas that offer a decent hotel room at a good value. [Some, as you say, are indeed garbage.] The Member Level program doesn't really promise much for those brands anyhow.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by fairviewroad
That's a pretty broad generalization. I think it's fair to say those properties offer an inconsistent experience, but there are plenty of Super 8's, Days Inns, and Ramadas that offer a decent hotel room at a good value. [Some, as you say, are indeed garbage.] The Member Level program doesn't really promise much for those brands anyhow.
It should at the very least offer the acknowledgement of status. Don't you think? I am talking "Thank you for being a diamond member unfortunately we don't have any suites but would you like a bottled water?"

How hard would that be? There are properties, in nice areas that are NICE for the price paid, and they don't know it exist. At all.

I have better service staying at the same property over and over on the same weekend from the management.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 10:22 am

It should at the very least offer the acknowledgement of status. Don't you think? I am talking "Thank you for being a diamond member unfortunately we don't have any suites but would you like a bottled water?"

How hard would that be? There are properties, in nice areas that are NICE for the price paid, and they don't know it exist. At all.
I agree, it would be "nice" but it's not something that really concerns me. Does the reservations system show the front-desk clerk your status? I don't know.

I agree that a bottle of water would be a nice, inexpensive gesture. I'm getting the sense that some on this thread are venturing into DYKWIA territory, though.

I'm a Gold at Enterprise (their second-highest level) and have never once had that fact noted by an Enterprise employee. <shrug>
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:06 pm

Property: Wyndham Grand Bonnette Creek
Stay Type: Reward points
Preferred Room: N/A - did not request
Late Checkout: Yes
Early Check-in: Yes
Suit Upgrades: No But didn't ask either

Did recieve call from Wyndham before our trip informing us that we qualified for free or discounted tickets to attractions. I thought there would be a catch. Nothing is for free right, but we got a 45 min helicopter tour of Orlando for 4 people and also 4 free tickets for "I Fly" indoor skydiving. There were other options available but with 2 teenage boys those were what we choose. The value of these were a little over 1,000$. Thank you Wyndham

Last edited by 62bobkaren58; Oct 19, 2016 at 4:08 pm Reason: The hotel also waved the resort fee and only charged us for parking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.