Wyndham credit card sign up bonus

Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Wyndham credit card sign up bonus

I have had Wyndham card, received bonus and closed it. It it possible to open a new card and again receive 45000 bonus? Sorry if this was already asked before, any data points would be appreciated...
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by vendetto
I have had Wyndham card, received bonus and closed it. It it possible to open a new card and again receive 45000 bonus? Sorry if this was already asked before, any data points would be appreciated...
Yes but I'm not sure about the time between apps, last time I did it I waited one year.

I am hoping the 45K offer is still around come November
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:36 am

I take it you cannot get the 45K offer if you still have the old 15K no AF card currently.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:11 am
rev

I'm about to try this again soon after I hit my sign up bonus for a different card, but based off the data points I've seen for Barclay's other cards (mostly the Arrival+ and retired US Airways card when that was still active), you can get the bonus again - but their system takes a long time to remove you as a current cardholder after cancelling the first one. No amount of time has been consistently determined, but I would expect at least a month based off other data points, and even that estimate might be forgiving. For me it was closer to three.

Their is some good news though. Barclay's tends to be forgiving on hard pulls if their system detects you may still be a cardholder, and they will not pull your credit if you don't qualify - so you may suffer no loss for trying. However, I haven't seen any data points that they do this for the Wyndham card like they've done for other cards before, so as a disclaimer: YMMV.

DeltaNeutral, I actually asked this question before about the Wyndham downgrade - or anyone with a similar Barclays experience - and got this answer
I downgraded when Arrival Plus fee was due. I waited a while and applied. I was denied because I currently held the Arrival card. Barclay said they did not process a hard inquiry since I was not getting the card bonus.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by rev
I'm about to try this again soon after I hit my sign up bonus for a different card, but based off the data points I've seen for Barclay's other cards (mostly the Arrival+ and retired US Airways card when that was still active), you can get the bonus again - but their system takes a long time to remove you as a current cardholder after cancelling the first one. No amount of time has been consistently determined, but I would expect at least a month based off other data points, and even that estimate might be forgiving. For me it was closer to three.

Their is some good news though. Barclay's tends to be forgiving on hard pulls if their system detects you may still be a cardholder, and they will not pull your credit if you don't qualify - so you may suffer no loss for trying. However, I haven't seen any data points that they do this for the Wyndham card like they've done for other cards before, so as a disclaimer: YMMV.

DeltaNeutral, I actually asked this question before about the Wyndham downgrade - or anyone with a similar Barclays experience - and got this answer
Not entirely accurate as far as the hard pull if you don't qualify. I applied for the Jetblue Card, got denied and still have the pull.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:13 pm

DP: Closed Wyndham Visa w/ AF to avoid annual fee on 6/12. During the convo with CSR, I asked to downgrade to the Wyndham no AF Visa and she said that was not possible since they are different products. Applied for the Wyndham Visa no AF (15k after first purchase plus 3k bonus after 1k spend) tonight on 7/4 and approved.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:30 pm

DP. I applied and got IA for the 45K card.

I cancelled my last 45K card last 10/31/15 so it's been just over 7 months since I last had this card

As far as I know Barclay does not approve cards and deny the bonus so I should be good to go.

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I take it you cannot get the 45K offer if you still have the old 15K no AF card currently.
The 15K card with NAF is a different product, you SHOULD be able to have both cards open (why not cancel the 15K card just in case) but I'm not sure if you will find any data points stating such as these cards are not that popular for some reason.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jul 9, 2016 at 9:38 am
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:45 am

My wifes card is up for renewal and I noted that she is supposed to get 15K points every year for renewing the card and paying the AF.

On my last card I asked about the 15K and they said they saw no such offer and told me I would 6K points for renewing so I cancelled.

Has anyone who signed up under the 45K offer from last year that offered 15K for renewing received the 15K points ?

I noticed that the new offer I just applied under says 6K points for renewing which has been the standard offer but it was 15K for a short period
Old Jul 10, 2016, 3:01 pm

I applied for both cards and was denied because, as the rep on the phone put it, they are one and the same. Will my chances for getting approval for the free card be improved once I close the paid one?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Is there a current offer on the table? I would apply for the credit card if the 45k points were offered.
Can someone post a link if they see this offer? Btw, I am from Canada so it would have to be good here!
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512

Has anyone who signed up under the 45K offer from last year that offered 15K for renewing received the 15K points ?
Yes, I obtained the card 13 months ago, and received the 15K annual bonus on the same statement that the annual fee billed.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ontariotraveller
Is there a current offer on the table? I would apply for the credit card if the 45k points were offered.
Can someone post a link if they see this offer? Btw, I am from Canada so it would have to be good here!
Well, yes there is a 45k offer (as well as a 30k offer) in the wikpost of this thread:
However, all those 45k offers have always been from "BarclayCardUS" and "for US residents only" (in the Terms and Conditions popup for the car) and thus not for Canada.

Is there even a WyndhamRewards credit card issued in Canada at all? I can't find a trace of one in a Google search.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, yes there is a 45k offer (as well as a 30k offer) in the wikpost of this thread:
However, all those 45k offers have always been from "BarclayCardUS" and "for US residents only" (in the Terms and Conditions popup for the car) and thus not for Canada.

Is there even a WyndhamRewards credit card issued in Canada at all? I can't find a trace of one in a Google search.
As of right now, the offer for 45k points is gone. It's back to the normal 30k for the fee card. I signed up for the 45k offer it on the last day about a month ago. Didn't realize it until I went back the next day to save the offer screen shot and it was gone. Fortunately, all was good and my points just posted.

I wouldn't get the fee card for the 30k offer, nor if you are Canada. Assuming you could qualify for it, there are FTF on the card. I'll be using my prestige or CSP card for any Wyndham stays outside of the US.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maxp0wers
As of right now, the offer for 45k points is gone.
Gone in what way? I just clicked on:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=19

and I see the 45k offer right there. (Well, it's 30k after 1st purchase + 15k more after $1k spend in 90 days, but I'd call that 45k, since it's 45k total after $1k spend in 90 days, since that obviously includes a first purchase).

But on the Canada issue I agree. If there isn't a separate card issued in Canada, and if the US card has FTF, then it would make no sense for someone who lives in Canada unless they spend an awful lot of time in the USA and would only use the card there. (For example. someone who lives in Windsor right next to a bridge to Detroit.)
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:41 am

hmm...guess it depends where you apply from. Since I got the offer, I had only checked the link directly off the wyndham page. http://www.wyndhamrewardsvisa.com/wy...vertisementid=

They were showing the 45k offer forever, but it's been gone ( from that page ) for about a month now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.