Wyndham credit card sign up bonus

Old Aug 9, 2016, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Gone in what way? I just clicked on:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=19

and I see the 45k offer right there. (Well, it's 30k after 1st purchase + 15k more after $1k spend in 90 days, but I'd call that 45k, since it's 45k total after $1k spend in 90 days, since that obviously includes a first purchase).

But on the Canada issue I agree. If there isn't a separate card issued in Canada, and if the US card has FTF, then it would make no sense for someone who lives in Canada unless they spend an awful lot of time in the USA and would only use the card there. (For example. someone who lives in Windsor right next to a bridge to Detroit.)
Yes, the link is 45K.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maxp0wers
hmm...guess it depends where you apply from. Since I got the offer, I had only checked the link directly off the wyndham page. http://www.wyndhamrewardsvisa.com/wy...vertisementid=

They were showing the 45k offer forever, but it's been gone ( from that page ) for about a month now.
That's very common with many programs with many banks.

For example, go to the AA site and look for an AA card from Citi, bonus is only 30k. Go the Citi and look for an AA card from Citi, bonus is only 30k. But go the FlyerTalk thread about those cards, and you'll perenially find plenty of links with a 50k bonus.

So never assume that the bonus on the official bank site or the official points/miles program site is the best bonus there is. Always look for a the thread on FlyerTalk discussing those cards (both in the program forum and in the forum where that bank's card are discussed), and often there'll be a better bonus there (which may have been found at some more obscure place than you might ever check on your own).

That's why I linked the FT thread (from the Credit Cards forum) about that signup bonus in my first reply to you here, but apparently you never looked at that thread, because the link I gave in my second reply came from the wikipost at the top of that thread.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
That's very common with many programs with many banks.

For example, go to the AA site and look for an AA card from Citi, bonus is only 30k. Go the Citi and look for an AA card from Citi, bonus is only 30k. But go the FlyerTalk thread about those cards, and you'll perenially find plenty of links with a 50k bonus.

So never assume that the bonus on the official bank site or the official points/miles program site is the best bonus there is. Always look for a the thread on FlyerTalk discussing those cards (both in the program forum and in the forum where that bank's card are discussed), and often there'll be a better bonus there (which may have been found at some more obscure place than you might ever check on your own).

That's why I linked the FT thread (from the Credit Cards forum) about that signup bonus in my first reply to you here, but apparently you never looked at that thread, because the link I gave in my second reply came from the wikipost at the top of that thread.
I was able to get the 45k offer on the last day it was offered directly off the wyndham site, so I didn't need to check around. But i'm glad you jumped in to clarify for others. No need to apply for a card with a lower sign up bonus. I probably would have looked around a little closer at flyertalk if that offer had disappeared when i was applying.

I know SPG and IHG get all the press and flare, but i really enjoy the new wyndam program. Lots of value to be had, especially if you have a lot of domestic travel. 1000+ pts per stay and 5x points per stay on the cc, adds up to a lot of helpful go fast nights.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
Yes, I obtained the card 13 months ago, and received the 15K annual bonus on the same statement that the annual fee billed.
Thanks, I SM'd Barclay to confirm the 15K points and they said she is all set.

Did you have to pay the $69 AF before the 15k posted ?

We were thinking of trying to prepay the AF to get the points faster as we want to use them in Boston next June and don't want to risk reward nights being sold out.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:02 am

anyone applied for this card with the 45k link recently?

thinking about applying but wanted to make sure it would be honored with the above link
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:23 pm
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by metoo

thinking about applying but wanted to make sure it would be honored with the above link
Hi metoo,

The offer for the Wyndham Rewards Visa card is still live and details surrounding the offer can be found here.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by metoo

I received my 30K points last statement and just spent $1000 so the additional 15K points should post when my next statement closes

I applied in July
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Thanks, I SM'd Barclay to confirm the 15K points and they said she is all set.

We were thinking of trying to prepay the AF to get the points faster as we want to use them in Boston next June and don't want to risk reward nights being sold out.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512

Nope, the annual fee billed on the same statement as the 15K. I did not have to wait an additional billing period for the points to post to my Wyndham account.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Here is the new updated link for the 45k offer with the new version of the card including free status

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...=Nov16DealsLTO
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied for the card (AF free version - I couldn't find an active 30K/45K offer), They took about a week, and then told me I was turned down. The reason they gave was because I already had two Barclay cards and thus enough Barclay credit to cover whatever I needed to do.

I have the Barclay Choice card (no AF, lots of points with Choice) and the Red Aviator card (AA). I only used the AA card for a ZBT, so I may cancel that one when the AF is due.

Seemed a little strange to me - Citi didn't seem to card how many cards I had with them as long as they were different products.

Oh well ...
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:22 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by vendetto
I have had Wyndham card, received bonus and closed it. It it possible to open a new card and again receive 45000 bonus? Sorry if this was already asked before, any data points would be appreciated...
Today, I received a targeted offer for the Wyndham Rewards card from Barclays...

LIMITED TIME OFFER. EARN UP TO 45,000 BONUS POINTS. ENOUGH FOR 3 FREE NIGHTS. Offer ends 08/09/17.
$75 annual fee was not waived. I applied and was instantly approved. I closed my previous Wyndham Rewards card pretty recently (April 24, 2017). So, I'm gambling on this. But being targeted helps my odds, and given the short window (15 days) I had to go for it!

I'll report back if I get the bonus or not.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Today, I received a targeted offer for the Wyndham Rewards card from Barclays...

$75 annual fee was not waived. I applied and was instantly approved. I closed my previous Wyndham Rewards card pretty recently (April 24, 2017). So, I'm gambling on this. But being targeted helps my odds, and given the short window (15 days) I had to go for it!

You should be all set, if you look back in this thread you can see posts from me about churning the card from a year ago and I recently completed the spend on another Wyndham card and received the bonus points.

That 45K offer shows up when I log into WR and it shows up when my dad logs in so it seems to be targeted to all. I already have the card so I doubt they would give me another one before I close the current card.

I have never heard of Barclay approving a card and denying the bonus.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
Nope, the annual fee billed on the same statement as the 15K. I did not have to wait an additional billing period for the points to post to my Wyndham account.
I have this card also and my account is always messed up. When I paid the previous AF I did not receive the 15k points and had to ASK for it. Interestingly enough the CSR ASKED ME 'How many points are you expecting to receive?"

It seems to me that Barclaycard constantly changes the offer and terms of the card but rather than moving existing cardholders to the updated program they have customers with the same card but different terms and offers.

I LITERALLY just got off the phone with both Barclaycard AND Wyndham Rewards because my Wyndham Rewards status was never upgraded to PLATINUM. I spent hours with both sides blaming the other.

I will now how to fight again for my 15K annual renewal points. I am assuming no one that has the card with the annual fee AND 15K point renewal bonus has gotten any written updated terms and offers regarding Annual Fee and point bonus changes? Until I receive that change of terms (Like I did for the Barclays Arrival Plus Card which I then downgraded) I will continue to demand the 15k points renewal bonus that I originally signed up for.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:57 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
Got it. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.