Motel isn't posting available rooms online

Old Jun 10, 16, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Motel isn't posting available rooms online

I am heading to Taylorville, Illinois for a funeral next week. When trying to use points online for my stay, the website states that Taylorville has no rooms available. That is the same for every night from now until about the 24th of June. When I call them, they have rooms available, but they just don't have them online. I called corporate, but they didn't find any rooms available either.

Has anyone had success calling the local motel and trying to get them posted? I'm asking here first because when I call the local motel, there is a language barrier between myself and the person on the other end.
Old Jun 11, 16, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This hotel sounds like it's having unusual problems. I just tried an OTA and they're not able to see availability either. So it sounds like they are either close to sold out and just don't know how to post the remaining inventory online (in such a way that it will show correctly when they're truly sold out), or their system for posting inventory may down, or something like that.

So I don't think it's a simple matter of "getting them" to post the availability online. Without knowing what the source of their problem is, it's hard to say what it will take to solve it.

I'd recommend you call the hotel and ask to book a cancellable rate providing your WyndhamRewards number. That way at least you'll have a backup plan, in case they don't fix it soon. The last thing I think you'd want is for the hotel to become truly sold out while you're waiting for them to post award availability for such an iffy redemption value anyway).

Or, if you just want to save money, consider the 29 West Motel, which gets better reviews on Tripadvisor than the Super 8, but costs less ($65 for Saturday the 18th).

Search this Thread