Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has any one had any Dolce "Go Free" Reservations listed with room charges?

Old Jun 1, 16, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

I have a "Go Free" 15k/night award booked at the Silverado and under "room charges" it says $192/night, plus different taxes and fees, including a resort fee.

This was booked over the phone and originally the agent booked it as a "Go Fast" award where I think the $192/night seems to come from.

Called back and the original Go Fast reservation was canceled and the new reservation is now listed as "Go Free" (rate) and in the Comments section it says Go Free award and gives the Wyndham Confirmation # but under room charges is says what I listed above.

My question is to others who have booked Dolce awards in the past--is this SOP for these awards? Is there a cash rate for room charges listed by Dolce which then gets absorbed by whatever the Wyndham confirmation is--i.e. is it handled behind the scenes but this is just some holdover visible $$ rate computer thing from the Dolce system?

Availability has been sparse around the dates I wanted so don't want to call back and have them touch this again and possibly lose it if this is normal. Any experiences out there?
Old Jun 1, 16, 10:28 pm

Programs: SPG, Wyndham, AA
Yes I've encountered this.

When I received my conf. w/ the listed rate, I replied (since there seemed to be a few actual people cc'd on it) and the assured me it was a) a free redemption night and b) an "error" in their system, and it's just how the conf. emails come out

.. yes, there is an actual dollar amount that gets charged from the property to "Wyndham Rewards" - whether it's that actual amount, or that amount minus a % due to them being in the Wyndham res. system, who knows what deal they have worked out, but all I cared was nothing was charged to me

Lastly, my (only) experience w/ redeeming points at a Dolce prop. was that Wyndham took approx. 2-3 months to deduct the points from my account
Old Jun 2, 16, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Thanks for this, it's reassuring.

I've also had the points taken out, returned, taken out, returned and taken out again today. Yes that many times. Could just be the agent fiddling, but still weird optically.

Will probably call the property too just to make sure they see it as 100% Go Free on their end too so I don't arrive to any surprises. At least they didn't take a CC to hold it, just the points.

Search this Thread