New Wyndham elite status

Old May 16, 16, 1:44 pm

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Actually, the benefits for their most loyal customers (the highest tier, ie Diamond) is different; while they can still use the $5 discounts if they really want, they get a free ticket to some local thing.
Excellent point. I don't know how many people out there are actually WR Diamonds, but that's not a bad benefit if you're say a trucker or a contractor (who seem to make up a lot of their customer base from what I see in Super 8 parking lots off-season) doing 40 nights a year and redeeming for a family trip, which is probably what they have in mind.

I looked up the company fulfilling the benefit, Viator, and they appear to take at least a 20% commission out of tour bookings and pay healthy commissions in turn to their affiliates. So Wyndham may actually be coming out ahead when someone takes them up on a $5 or $10 discount on something valued at, say, $50. Which is fine, but don't sell it to your members as an enhancement to the loyalty program!
Old Jun 19, 16, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Seemingly the benefits of basically nothing for those just staying at hotel. Have stayed at multiple properties, including a Wyndham Grand. No room upgrade. No snack/freebies. All had free internet already.

Seems to be a very basic program that offers... not much.
Old Feb 28, 17, 11:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
In response to my email on 2/27/2017:

Hello David,

Thank you for your interest in a status match.

I regret to advise that at this time we are not offering a status match with any other loyalty programs. We are currently looking into this option but we do not have a time frame to when this may possiable happen.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Amy
Amy Gillespie
Assistant to Noah Brodsky
SVP Worldwide Loyalty & Engagement
[email protected]
Old Feb 28, 17, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All the programs!
Okay good to know. It seems that Wyndham status really doesn't make a difference.
Old Mar 1, 17, 1:54 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
You can't really expect a whole lot of benefits - 75% of the hotels are budget hotels with a brand ADR under $65! They usually offer free breakfast & wifi already, don't have suites or lounges to upgrade to... and you can't really expect goodies worth $100 on a $65 rate...
Considering the category of hotels, I think the elite benefits are pretty good. The biggest challenge will be to train staff/owners to deliver the promised benefits consitently, we'll see how that works out...
Old Mar 1, 17, 8:31 pm

Programs: Wyndham
I agree sir. I did however receive a great suite upgrade way beyond expectations on a go free stay at the New Yorker back in December.

Also worth noting I have asked several desk clerks at my goto work hotel (Days Inn) and most have a blank look on their face when mentioning Diamond Status. I already receive great service at that hotel and don't expect any extras but if those employees don't recognize the status level then I doubt desk clerks at other Wyndham properties will either.

Still an awesome program.
Old Mar 2, 17, 12:36 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Emskevin View Post
I agree sir. I did however receive a great suite upgrade way beyond expectations on a go free stay at the New Yorker back in December.

Also worth noting I have asked several desk clerks at my goto work hotel (Days Inn) and most have a blank look on their face when mentioning Diamond Status. I already receive great service at that hotel and don't expect any extras but if those employees don't recognize the status level then I doubt desk clerks at other Wyndham properties will either.

Still an awesome program.
I got a blank stare on one stay as well.
But better than a recent stay at a Comfort Inn - the agent read a note on his computer screen, chatted with a colleague - and then they rang a cow bell and chanted "welcome ...." because I'm Platinum - I don't think I need that perk ever again...
Old Mar 2, 17, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by Fyd View Post
and then they rang a cow bell and chanted "welcome ...."
That shall now become the brand's welcome amenity.
Old Mar 28, 17, 9:55 am

Recently booked my first 4 night stay in NYC as a Diamond. I received an email notifying me I will be receiving 8 tickets to a local event/tour and I will be receiving the code via email 7 days before my trip. The picture on the the wesbite shows the tour in NYC as a pizza tour of manhattan and says that Wyndham chooses the tour . First, I didn't realize it's 2 tickets for each award night. That's cool. Second, does anyone know if they change up the tour/attraction each day if your trip? I don't wanna be eating pizza everyday.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: