Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone done a timeshare sales presentation? Got a Wyndham solicitation...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite

Got a Wyndham e-mail saying:

Put Your Vacation Pedal to the Metal

The getaway you've been craving is just a road trip away. Load up the trunk, fill up your tank and crank up some tunes. With packages starting at $199, the daily grind will be in your rearview mirror faster than you can say punch buggy. See Offer Details below.

Your CLUB WYNDHAM® getaway includes:
15,000 Wyndham Rewards® points, which is a go free™ award for a free night at any Wyndham Rewards hotel.

A "Spend A Night on Us" rebate coupon worth up to $100 for a one-night stay at any Wyndham Hotel Group destination. Full details and redemption instructions will be provided on your rebate coupon.

Offer Details: You, and your spouse if married, must attend a 120-minute CLUB WYNDHAM® timeshare sales presentation. Eligibility requirements and Terms and Conditions apply. Ability to travel to certain locations will vary and depends on your state of residence.

15,000 Wyndham Rewards® points can be used for one (1) standard room at a participating hotel, up to room's maximum occupancy, subject to availability. Most properties: applies to room rate only, including taxes. Certain all-inclusive properties: also applies to meals and other amenities for up to 2 guests.

Transportation, gratuities, parking fees, nightly room taxes ($6.79 - $54.96) and incidentals are not included. The retail value of this package may depend on package selected, room availability, additional feature(s) and travel dates selected. Offer expires July 15, 2016. You must complete your stay within 12 months from the date of purchase. For NY residents: The price range of interests offered varies from $11,800 - $92,700 and is subject to change without notice.

THE COMPLETE OFFERING TERMS ARE IN AN OFFERING PLAN AVAILABLE FROM THE DEVELOPER.

THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF TIMESHARE INTERESTS.

Should I blow 2 hrs of my time on one of these? How hard is their hard sell?
Old May 7, 2016, 5:18 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
A few years ago I did the one at Oceanside, CA. Then, it was a GC+free night cert. So, about $200 ($100 GC+ $100 towards a stay,) and the timeshare deal is so bad that the salesperson, realizing I wasn't going for it, finished early. Even so, a couple nights stay near the beach, and $200 for a couple hours of listening. It depends on what you like.
Old May 21, 2016, 12:05 pm

Later this year, I will be attending one for San Francisco for Sir Francis Drake hotel. Cost $349 up front. Will receive $200 AMEX Card and hotel voucher for $100 off for hotel stay. I do need to pay the taxes.

Also when you call to book for a hotel, CSR usually route you there. Say no to the offers and after a couple of times, ask for the best and you may get something much better

Be strong. Listening is no big deal though they do try to pressure you.

I did one for Wyndham in CA awhile back. I told him , not interested at all as boyfriend loves high end hotels and fine dining. He picks up the tab so I don't see why i would want to pay.

That did it.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by metoo
Later this year, I will be attending one for San Francisco for Sir Francis Drake hotel. Cost $349 up front. Will receive $200 AMEX Card and hotel voucher for $100 off for hotel stay. I do need to pay the taxes.
Isn't the Sir Francis Drake hotel a Kimpton?

If yes--does Kimpton have a timeshare option?
Old May 22, 2016, 8:11 pm

yes, sir francis drake is kimpton. I don't think kimpton has a time share option. Sir Francis is an option for Wyndham time share.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:00 pm

We do these every once in awhile. Some offer you a free hot breakfast for lunch for you and the kids and usually a special place for the kids to watch TV or play on the web while you get tortured with the spiel. Check around at a few sites for that location...there are varying levels of incentives that they are authorized to offer for each location.

Does anyone know of any that are offered over in Europe?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 11:18 am

I did the one at Oceanside, CA. It was 2 hours straight not much hassle.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:36 pm

I'd rather be slapped in the head than sit through another timeshare presentation. I attended a Marriott presentation a number of years ago in Colorado, and vowed never to do one again. I could handle the sales pressure, but it was the time that sucked the life out of me. I walked out with a $250 gift card, but it was by no means worth the time.

I received a Westin timeshare solicitation in the mail about a month ago, which caught my eye. I actually booked a few nights at the property, but not under the timeshare promotion.

Never again!

I also don't feel that it's fair to the sales people. Yes, it's their job, but why subject them or yourself to the presentation if you have no intentions of purchasing a timeshare. It's a waste of everyone's time, and the return for you is minimal.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
If not targeted, can I find a timeshare presentation offer? I'd like to try one for Marriott or Westin in Kaanapali.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Be extremely cautious-read fine point, keep a calculator and ask questions and above all read all the complaints on the web!
Old May 28, 2018, 4:40 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Gynob001
Be extremely cautious-read fine point, keep a calculator and ask questions and above all read all the complaints on the web!
Or even better, listen and keep saying no. Pay attention to what the offer/offers are so if you really want to do one, buy it on the timeshare resale market. They go for as low as $1. Make sure the points are transferable, as I know with SPG, not all the properties allow transfer of the points, only the week, which makes it complicated.
I should point out that these are rather painless, and the rewards are decent: did a 2 nt stay at the Wyndham Grand in Chicago at basically 25% the cost of the regular room rates; the "have a night on us" was used at a Wingate in St Augustine covering almost 90% of the cost of the 2 nts there, they sent the check promptly, and got the gift card at after the presentation. All totaled, made a few bucks on the deal and got 4 nights credit towards Gold status. (Not that that is worth anything.)
Old May 28, 2018, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you want a timeshare, but it on your own terms and after doing the due diligence.

High pressure sales pitches which include freebies are designed for suckers. Don't be one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.