Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

best cash and points redemption for Europe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Bought 30k from Daily Getaway. Friend did the same so total of 60k for us to spend.

Want to book for Europe.

Anyone know?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Great question--would love to know as well.

Knock knock. Anyone home?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 12:03 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
that's a pretty broad question - there are some Dolce properties, one outside Paris, two in the Provence and one in Sitges, near Barcelona...
There are a number of Days Inn/Ramada/... in London (cheap, rarely cash & points, not good value at 15,000), Amsterdam (similar) and Berlin/Frankfurt/Munich in Germany (have cash & points, but also often not great value)...
I'd try for the Dolce resorts as the best points value...
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
If you're interested in the Go Fast rewards, I've seen amazing savings of 120 euros+ for the beach resorts in southern and western Turkey, such as the Ramada resorts in Side (45 minutes east of AYT) and Bodrum. For illustration purposes, I just found the Ramada Lara Beach for 29 euros plus 3000 points, compared to a 134 euro base rate. Depends a lot on what your exact dates are. However, it's not at all clear to me whether these properties are extending their usual all-inclusive plans to Wyndham Rewards bookings. Similar base rates on online travel agency websites are AI, but there's no specific mention of AI on the Wyndham website. I have no experience with the Ramadas in that part of the world so I can't say for sure what they would extend on a points booking, but wouldn't be surprised if they try to lure you in with a low base rate and soak you on F&B.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:35 pm

I used to use most of points as P&C at the Ramada London Docklands but it's now a Hilton.

The only other one I have done P&C at was Days Inn London Waterloo but it's not the greatest tbh but if you only intend to sleep in the room it would be fine and is only a couple of minutes walk from Lambeth North tube station. One thing I have noticed about Waterloo is P&C rarely shows up unless you include a Sunday night in the booking.

None of the properties outside of London are worth doing points or points and cash bookings at due to the average room rate being fairly low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.