Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does go fast night count as a qualified stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select

I have a cash plus points stay in May at a Wyndham hotel. Would I get 500 points for that?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: All the programs!
I have in the past. You actually get 1000 points minimum per stay.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by oopl
I have in the past. You actually get 1000 points minimum per stay.
Oh cool. I was thinking 500 because I want to do the 4x United promotion.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
Oh cool. I was thinking 500 because I want to do the 4x United promotion.
If you opt for miles the 1000 minimum does not apply. You would either earn 2miles/$1 or 500 miles depending on the brand of the hotel.

Check the table.
https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/consumer/earnAirlines.action?variant=
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:20 pm

Go Fast

I've had only 1 Go Fast (3k points + cash) stay since this began and I didn't earn any points for the cash portion.

Also, the T&C's indicate that this would not be a Qualified Stay:

6.A "Qualified Stay" occurs when: (A) a Member stays one or more consecutive nights at the same Participating Hotel; (B) the nightly rate(s) for such Member’s room over the course of such Member’s stay, added together (but excluding taxes, surcharges and any other charges or fees), total at least US $25.00 (the "Minimum Total Rate"); and (C) such Member pays all amounts payable for such stay in accordance with the Participating Hotel’s then applicable payment policies. If a Member checks out and then checks back in to the same Participating Hotel on the same day, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating a Qualified Stay. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Terms and Conditions, if the rate for any night at a Participating Hotel falls into one of the following "Non-Qualified Market Segments," such night will not be deemed a Qualified Stay:
◦Qualified Discounts (non- account) other than employee and family rates* and travel industry rates†
◦Contract (e.g. Airline Crew)
◦Internet Opaque (e.g. Priceline.com)
◦Internet Non-Opaque (e.g. Expedia.com)
◦Wholesale Discount (e.g. Tour Operator)
◦Wholesale Allotment (e.g. Local & Global Sales wholesale accounts)
◦Non-Revenue (e.g. Complimentary Room, Go FreeSM Awards)
◦Go FastSM Awards as described in Section III(C) below

Rates associated with any of the above Non-Qualified Market Segments will not qualify for Wyndham Rewards points or Travel Partner Currency. Rates associated with any of the above Non-Qualified Market Segments (other than Go Free Awards and Go Fast Awards) will not count towards obtaining or maintaining Gold Status Membership or Gold Status Point Bonuses. When a stay includes another travel component such as airfare or car rental, a Member will only earn Rewards points on the room rate (or total folio at Wyndham Grand, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Wyndham Garden and Dolce Hotels and Resorts properties).
Old Apr 19, 2016, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dadofsix
I've had only 1 Go Fast (3k points + cash) stay since this began and I didn't earn any points for the cash portion.

Also, the T&C's indicate that this would not be a Qualified Stay:

6.A "Qualified Stay" occurs when: (A) a Member stays one or more consecutive nights at the same Participating Hotel; (B) the nightly rate(s) for such Member’s room over the course of such Member’s stay, added together (but excluding taxes, surcharges and any other charges or fees), total at least US $25.00 (the "Minimum Total Rate"); and (C) such Member pays all amounts payable for such stay in accordance with the Participating Hotel’s then applicable payment policies. If a Member checks out and then checks back in to the same Participating Hotel on the same day, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating a Qualified Stay. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Terms and Conditions, if the rate for any night at a Participating Hotel falls into one of the following "Non-Qualified Market Segments," such night will not be deemed a Qualified Stay:
◦Qualified Discounts (non- account) other than employee and family rates* and travel industry rates†
◦Contract (e.g. Airline Crew)
◦Internet Opaque (e.g. Priceline.com)
◦Internet Non-Opaque (e.g. Expedia.com)
◦Wholesale Discount (e.g. Tour Operator)
◦Wholesale Allotment (e.g. Local & Global Sales wholesale accounts)
◦Non-Revenue (e.g. Complimentary Room, Go FreeSM Awards)
◦Go FastSM Awards as described in Section III(C) below

Rates associated with any of the above Non-Qualified Market Segments will not qualify for Wyndham Rewards points or Travel Partner Currency. Rates associated with any of the above Non-Qualified Market Segments (other than Go Free Awards and Go Fast Awards) will not count towards obtaining or maintaining Gold Status Membership or Gold Status Point Bonuses. When a stay includes another travel component such as airfare or car rental, a Member will only earn Rewards points on the room rate (or total folio at Wyndham Grand, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Wyndham Garden and Dolce Hotels and Resorts properties).
I saw the same. I guess I'll see what happens.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:22 pm

Maybe they changed the terms this year.
Old May 18, 2016, 9:42 am
Original Poster

I tried this and it's showing up as a stay but not qualified
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:20 pm

When you say it's posting as a stay but not qualified, does that mean you're earning nights towards status, but not earning points?

I suppose it doesn't really matter, as I usually wouldn't be staying in 'nice' places so the diamond status isn't that important, but I'm curious just the same. I've had great luck with the Choice program, and I could see myself using Wyndham much the same way.

EDIT: Never mind, T&Cs are clear that both goFree and goFast nights are status qualifying.

Last edited by synergistic; Jun 20, 2016 at 5:52 pm
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:45 am

Programs: Wyndham
I always has for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.