Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Which airline miles can transfer to Wyndham points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Are there any?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A similar question was asked before:
and got met with big silence. There's your answer.

In fact, there's very few hotel programs into which you can transfer airline points, and from very few airlines. The combinations in the airline->hotel direction can be counted on one hand, among all airline programs and all hotel programs in the world combined!

That's one of the reasons that WyndhamRewards is able to offer all hotels at 15k/night. Because are so few ways to earn big points, other than actual hotel stays (and occasional bonuses on those), or huge spend on the Barclay credit card. (Other programs keep devaluatimg their redemptions as more people figure out ways of earning big points without stays.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 8, 2016 at 11:20 am
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Pretty sure that I did the search and as those comments go back to July 2015, I considered them to be outdated. Besides, there was no definitive answer to the question. So I figured I would ask here.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Are there any?
Bump.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bump.
Why do you care about that specific question? Do you really have miles in every single airline program?

It would be much easier to determine the answer with a limited list of airlines, than an open question of "which airlines". It's very likely the answer is "none", but without WyndhamRewards coming in and officially explaining that, it's much easier to prove on a case-by-case basis than "exhaustively".

So why don't you list the airlines which which you have miles that you might want to transfer, if transferring were possible?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I'm sorry you take such offense to my question. Nevertheless, that is my question.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm sorry you take such offense to my question. Nevertheless, that is my question.
I wasn't taking offense. I was just trying to help you avoid the same "big silence" that greeted that similar question in the other thread I linked above.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The question encompasses any and all airlines. If there is one that will transfer, I will concentrate on building those miles so I can transfer into Wyndham. That is the basis for my question. I'm sorry it is so broad. I'd like to narrow it down for you but that isn't possible as that was not the scope nore the intent of the question. Thank you for your valued input on this subject.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

As far as I know, none. Generally it works the other way around hotel points > airline miles. I wonder why it is like that? Any insight to that would be cool
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Generally it works the other way around hotel points > airline miles. I wonder why it is like that? Any insight to that would be cool
I think it's a side effect of earning. You can earn airline miles (as an alternative to earning hotel points) in most hotel programs, on a per-stay basis. It's then easy for the hotel program to add a related feature which lets you transfer points earned on stays to those same airline miles.

On the other hand, no airline I've ever heard of awards hotel points as an alternative to awarding airline miles. And so they don't even typically have the infrastructure for transferring out that hotels have to have (because of partner earnings on stays). So for those few airlines that support transfers of miles to a very few hotel programs, those airlines have to set up a special procedure / interface which is used for those transfers and for nothing else.

AA used to have transfers to a couple hotel programs, the last of them being Hilton HHonors, through a special website, then that was finally taken away a few years ago. Now AA itself doesn't transfer to any partner any more that I know of, except whatever you can do through points.com perhaps.

But WyndhamRewards doesn't participate in points.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.