Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

150,000 points, what are some places I should consider?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold

I have been staying in a Wyndham hotel since September, and will be at that hotel until the first week in January. By the end of the stay, I should have over 150,000 points (I think).

I've been browsing around trying to find the best value for my points. I was considering in All-inclusive stay in Playa Del Carmen at either the Azteca, or Maya. I have access to free flights as well....what are some other places I should look at or consider?

I have been all around, and I love seeing new things. I was hoping to use them at a warm location, preferably with a beach, hence why I was looking at the hotels mentioned above. I've been to Cancun many times, but never Playa Del Carmen. I am also open to suggestions anywhere!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:59 pm

Kauai
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by eltex
Kauai
Haven't looked at the property(s), nice?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
Haven't looked at the property(s), nice?
Koloa Landing - check it out. I prefer the Grand Hyatt, but both are pretty fantastic
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
I have been staying in a Wyndham hotel since September, and will be at that hotel until the first week in January. By the end of the stay, I should have over 150,000 points (I think).

I've been browsing around trying to find the best value for my points. I was considering in All-inclusive stay in Playa Del Carmen at either the Azteca, or Maya. I have access to free flights as well....what are some other places I should look at or consider?

I have been all around, and I love seeing new things. I was hoping to use them at a warm location, preferably with a beach, hence why I was looking at the hotels mentioned above. I've been to Cancun many times, but never Playa Del Carmen. I am also open to suggestions anywhere!
Doctor of Credit had some good information on this back in May:
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-w...-a-free-night/

Also, here is an interesting Loyalty Traveler post regarding the Dolce properties:
http://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea....ewards-points/
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by YoProWithAGoPro
Koloa Landing - check it out. I prefer the Grand Hyatt, but both are pretty fantastic
I think this property will be leaving the program after 1/1/16. At least at the 15K point level.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
I think this property will be leaving the program after 1/1/16. At least at the 15K point level.
We just booked 5 nights there for 15K/night in late September 2016.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriot Silver
The Shelbourne in Miamk was great and at 600 a night 15000 points is a steal.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:18 am

Have the all inclusives left the reward program? I do not see them having availability. I was going to get a few hundred thousand wyndham reward points but not sure now.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by ukengineer
Quote:

Originally Posted by philemer

We just booked 5 nights there for 15K/night in late September 2016.
They just left Wyndham. They are going independent till they complete requirements to become Marriott autograph. That isn't happening till end of year.

I have my reservations for June on points. No way to make changes or move days now. I am trying to get it in writing they are honoring every thing.

I did find out that all award nights are only for a one bedroom. If they put you in a two bedroom they lock the second bedroom door. 100 a night to use second bedroom.

Their new tower with studios and one bedrooms should open June or July. I am just glad I got my rooms a few weeks ago.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rckcmp
The Shelbourne in Miamk was great and at 600 a night 15000 points is a steal.
I totally agree with this--just spent five nights at the Shelbourne. High quality accommodation on the beach and just two blocks from start of Lincoln Road "hip and happening" retail and restaurants area.

If you are into "the Orlando thing", Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek is the only other high quality "almost" aspirational" property I can think of in the Wyndham system. It is fairly new, and gets 4.5 stars at Tripadvisor.

Last edited by travelexpert; Feb 22, 2016 at 1:38 am
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Ramada Khao Lak - $200 in high season. Free enormous breakfast for every registered guest (up to 3 in standard room). Rated #3 out of 70 on TripAdvisor and one of my best hotel experiences.

The JW Marriott up the street is 35,000 Marriott pts.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA flyer, Hilton, SPG, Hyatt stayer
I am going to try out the Wyndham All Inclusive in the Dominican Republic in a couple of months. Specifically the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I would shop around... and look for ones that allow you to buy down the rate at 3,000 points plus cash.

Found many that reduce a 200-250 a night to ~50 bucks and spend 3,000 points. Some big savings to be had. Hitting some properties around BWI and DC using this method with my wife later in year.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by travelexpert
If you are into "the Orlando thing", Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek is the only other high quality "almost" aspirational" property I can think of in the Wyndham system. It is fairly new, and gets 4.5 stars at Tripadvisor.
That is a great looking hotel, and surprisingly cheap on paid stays. So much so that it doesn't make sense to use Wyndham Rewards. I just checked the rates there for Labor Day Weekend, which should be one of the resorts peak periods, and the cash rate is $113.50/nt. I wouldn't burn 15,000 Wyndham points for that. What's silly is the Go Fast rate is $150.00! $113.00 cash and earn 1,000+ Wyndham points or $150.00 and lose 3000 Wyndham points...hmmm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.