15000 Flat-Rate Redemptions?

Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Is there a current list of hotels by tier?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:59 am

The credit card bonus is down to 30K. That was fast.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Is there a current list of hotels by tier?
Moderately incomplete, but more than 5800 of the properties: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Is there a way to search hotels by category for an entire state ?

I would like to find the nicest Wyndham's in Florida to redeem the 15K per night at.

Thanks
How are you defining "nicest" in this context? Just the most expensive??
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Moderately incomplete, but more than 5800 of the properties: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

How are you defining "nicest" in this context? Just the most expensive??
I'm a Hilton guy ( not familiar with Wyndham at all except my wife has 45K from a CC hanging around) having accumulated over 1 million points through credit card signups without one paid night.

While it's not always the rule usually the hotel and location determine the best properties and they are usually the most points so yes I was going to start by searching the most expensive properties in Florida..........I'm not a South Beach guy so that 50k Property is out
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Wyndham,

Is it true that there will be a best ever CC offer later this Spring or Summer?

Thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:41 am

The 45,000 cc offer might have been the best offer. They killed that a day after they made the 15,000 per night announcement. They still kept the 30,000 cc offer around.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:07 pm
pkk

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DIA, Wyndham DIA, IHG Spire AMB
it will cost me more for all of my normal 'free nights' although I have to admit it will be nice to earn more than twice as many points per night. Some day I hope they add the point expiration dates to the website. I've been asking about that for several years.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:24 pm

"15,000 Wyndham Rewards points for one free night at any of our participating hotels worldwide – any standard room"

Does this mean we can no longer book deluxe suites, "superior rooms," etc using Wyndham Rewards points?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by mrbiggs223
"15,000 Wyndham Rewards points for one free night at any of our participating hotels worldwide – any standard room"

Does this mean we can no longer book deluxe suites, "superior rooms," etc using Wyndham Rewards points?
I'd suspect that, much like Hilton, those rooms will come at a (possibly substantial) premium on points--probably one of the ways Wyndham was able to convince properties to allow drops from 30-50K. They don't feel the pain so much if they can turn around and offer suites for 75K [NB: all of this paragraph is speculation only, including what a suite might go for; I have no inside information on the Wyndham program].

The devil is in the details--just what will Wyndham properties define as a standard room and what percentage of those will be offered for award redemptions? Easy enough to figure out at a Super 8--maybe not so easy for resorts and properties in places like Manhattan.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:31 pm

Does anyone have any idea how much the cash element will be for the points and cash yet?

It's an interesting change, although I would prefer improvements to the website first. For example reservations showing in account etc first.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
I'd suspect that, much like Hilton, those rooms will come at a (possibly substantial) premium on points--probably one of the ways Wyndham was able to convince properties to allow drops from 30-50K. They don't feel the pain so much if they can turn around and offer suites for 75K [NB: all of this paragraph is speculation only, including what a suite might go for; I have no inside information on the Wyndham program].

The devil is in the details--just what will Wyndham properties define as a standard room and what percentage of those will be offered for award redemptions? Easy enough to figure out at a Super 8--maybe not so easy for resorts and properties in places like Manhattan.
I would be surprised if the hotels flying Wyndham flags need to be convinced of anything in regard to the redemption price in points being lowered for standard rooms. The hotels don't get paid in points when it comes to hosting redemption night customers; rather, the hotels demand settlement in real money terms when it comes to hosting redemption night customers. That said, your concerns about the outcome are shared concerns held by me too; it's just that the articulated reasoning may be different.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I would be surprised if the hotels flying Wyndham flags need to be convinced of anything in regard to the redemption price in points being lowered for standard rooms. The hotels don't get paid in points when it comes to hosting redemption night customers; rather, the hotels demand settlement in real money terms when it comes to hosting redemption night customers. That said, your concerns about the outcome are shared concerns held by me too; it's just that the articulated reasoning may be different.
Although I tend to agree, I think there's also some minor effect caused by what I might describe as "points envy." Some properties just naturally believe that they're worth 30-50K while their lowly Super 8 brethren can only be worth 15K or less. Not the driving factor, perhaps, but I'll bet it was an issue Wyndham will either directly or indirectly address by allowing what we now hear other programs call "dynamic" pricing.

No matter the reasoning, add this to the analysis sbm12 has offered, and it's easy to see how the announcement of a flat-rate 15K redemption gives Wyndham good publicity while possibly reflecting an effective rate rise across all properties.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I have 56K Wyndham points, bought in last year's Daily Getaways. This Feb. I reserved 2 nights in Aug. @20K at the Ramada Penticton, BC, Canada. Surprise! Now this hotel requires 25K for a GoFree night ! Why did they raise it in April only to lower it in May?!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
Originally Posted by Brendan
I have 56K Wyndham points, bought in last year's Daily Getaways. This Feb. I reserved 2 nights in Aug. @20K at the Ramada Penticton, BC, Canada. Surprise! Now this hotel requires 25K for a GoFree night ! Why did they raise it in April only to lower it in May?!
You should certainly confirm it first, but I believe point bookings are refundable. I would cancel and refund the booking and then re-book after the new program is in place. It will save you a significant amount of points.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan
You're confused because of your use of pronouns!

The "they" is not the same in both cases!

The hotel raised the redemption rate at their own hotel only from 20K to 25K.

But it's WyndhamRewards central which will forces lowers all redemption rates down to 15K in May.

Different "they"s have different motives!!! The hotel wants to restrict redemptions while it can, WyndhamRewards instead wants to promote a simplified program.

In fact, thinking about this, I wonder how many hotels that previously required way more points for redemption will leave the WyndhamRewards program once they are overrun with redemptions at 15k!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.