Non-qualifying stay?

Old Nov 26, 13, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Marriott BonVoy Titanium
Non-qualifying stay?

I stayed three times at the same Grand Wyndham hotel, always at the same rate, always booked through our corporate travel agency (American Express), always Monday through Thursday. In fact, all three stays were the same.

The first two times I received points, the third time it says 0 points and "non-qualifying stay" in the account activity page.

I reviewed the T&Cs and don't believe I fall into any of the non-qualifying stay categories.

I have emailed Wyndham support and am waiting for the reply (got two automated email responses, one saying it will take 24 -72 hours, the other one 3 to 5 business days, go figure).

Anyone ever had a similar experience with WR? Should I be worried?
Old Nov 27, 13, 8:09 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
I would be happy to help you. Please private message me your member number so I can look into this for you.

Originally Posted by points_maniac View Post
I stayed three times at the same Grand Wyndham hotel, always at the same rate, always booked through our corporate travel agency (American Express), always Monday through Thursday. In fact, all three stays were the same.

The first two times I received points, the third time it says 0 points and "non-qualifying stay" in the account activity page.

I reviewed the T&Cs and don't believe I fall into any of the non-qualifying stay categories.

I have emailed Wyndham support and am waiting for the reply (got two automated email responses, one saying it will take 24 -72 hours, the other one 3 to 5 business days, go figure).

Anyone ever had a similar experience with WR? Should I be worried?
Old Jun 2, 14, 10:47 pm

Hi points_maniac, did you solve your "non-qualifying stay"?
Cos I had the same experience? What does "non-qualifying stay" mean in the T&C?

Originally Posted by travelova View Post
Hi points_maniac, did you solve your "non-qualifying stay"?
Cos I had the same experience? What does "non-qualifying stay" mean in the T&C?
how can I solve it?

Last edited by l etoile; Jun 3, 14 at 1:48 am
Old Jun 3, 14, 12:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Googling "Wyndham Terms and Conditions" I came up with

Terms & Conditions
WYNDHAM REWARDS®
Terms and Conditions
(Effective April 9, 2014)
https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=

including:

I. GENERAL INFORMATION
6. A "Qualified Stay" is a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same Participating Hotel by a Member who: (A) pays a Qualifying Rate and (B) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If a Member checks out and then checks back in to the same Participating Hotel on the same day, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating a Qualified Stay. A "Qualifying Rate" is the rate a member pays for a stay in a guest room at a Participating Hotel. Excluded from the definition of a Qualifying Rate is a rate that falls in one of the following "Non-Qualifying Market Segments":
  • Qualified Discounts (non-accounts) (e.g. Employee Rate)
  • Contract (e.g. Airline Crew)
  • Internet Opaque (e.g. Priceline.com)
  • Internet Non-Opaque (e.g. Expedia.com)
  • Wholesale Discount (e.g. Tour Operator)
  • Wholesale Allotment (e.g. Local & Global Sales wholesale accounts)
  • Non-Revenue (e.g. Complimentary Room, Free Night Stay)
  • Group* — Blocks created groups with or without meeting space (e.g. association)
Some corporate or other agencies might sell one a nonqualifying (e.g. wholesale / tour operator) rate.

It seems Wyndham Rewards 2 has offered to accept Private Messages here, so try that if you still feel you have been denied points. Click on his username, and a popup menu will come up allowing you to click on "Send a private message to Wyndham Rewards 2".

Search this Thread