Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need 1090 Wynham points quick

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Need 1090 Wynham points quick

My 8910 Wynham points expire in about 1 month. The only thing I can use it worthly is a booking that requires 10000 points. How can I get 1090 points quickly without losing a shirt? I know I can buy 2000 points for $22 or buy about $40 worth of magazine to get these points buy that doesn't make sense since that hotel may only cost me around $60 to book! I have miles from many airlines but it seems I can only convert points to miles but not vice versa. Any suggestions!
Old May 10, 2013, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rtang1
My 8910 Wynham points expire in about 1 month. The only thing I can use it worthly is a booking that requires 10000 points. How can I get 1090 points quickly without losing a shirt? I know I can buy 2000 points for $22 or buy about $40 worth of magazine to get these points buy that doesn't make sense since that hotel may only cost me around $60 to book! I have miles from many airlines but it seems I can only convert points to miles but not vice versa. Any suggestions!
Which kind of expire??? The 18 month kind, or the 4 year kind? (WyndhamRewards has two totally different kinds of points expirations.)

If it's the 18-month kind, you only need any activity (earning or redeeming) to reset the 18-month counter. So if you can get just a few points, or give up just a few points (in a small "throwaway" redemption), that'll give you a lot more time to use your points on something worthwhile.

It's only if you're coming up to your 4 year "hard" expiration that you have to use them up in that time (no way to extend).

Of course, even if you are only talking about the "resettable" 18 month expiration, that still begs the question of how to get any number of points fast, or what's the smallest redemption you can do? WR doesn't participate in points.com, doesn't participate in a dining program, etc, so most quick points earning opportinies many other programs have aren't available here.

But there are things you can redeem as few as 225 or 250 points for. They may not seem worthwhile to you (an iPhone case for 250 points, a Donate 1 Tree Card for 225 points, both with free standard shpping), but it's just 225 to 250 points, and that in turns gives you 18 more months to earn those points and more back (to get to a bigger balance).

(A redemption will reset your resettable expiration immediately. A partner activity, such a car rental, could take a month or more to get credited to your WR account, which is why I'm not recommending that, if your expiration date is only about one month away.)
Old May 11, 2013, 9:03 am
Original Poster

probably the 18 month expire? Will look into buying something for 250 points if available. Thanks. Just wish some ways I can earn another 1000 points quickly
Old May 13, 2013, 6:46 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
If you have a qualifying stay at one of our hotels you will receive points within 5 days. We do have other earning partners however it can take 6 to 8 weeks for points from our partners to post. The fasterest way to get points on your account would be to purchase the points on our website.

Originally Posted by rtang1
Old Jul 7, 2013, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
If you have a qualifying stay at one of our hotels you will receive points within 5 days. We do have other earning partners however it can take 6 to 8 weeks for points from our partners to post. The fasterest way to get points on your account would be to purchase the points on our website.
Ain't the buying points too expensive?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 4:32 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
You can purchase 1000 points for $11 US.

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Ain't the buying points too expensive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.