Is there a Wyndham awards chart?

Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Is there a Wyndham awards chart?

I see Wyndham has tiers for their hotels. Does anyone know where I can find a hotel tier chart? I looked at two properties and could not tell what tiers they were in.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 2:48 pm
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Hello,

We don't have a chart with the hotels and the tiers they are. If you want to see online how many points are required you can go to WyndhamRewards.com and put in where and when you are looking for and select that it is for with points and it will bring up the hotels in the are and how many points they require. Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
I see Wyndham has tiers for their hotels. Does anyone know where I can find a hotel tier chart? I looked at two properties and could not tell what tiers they were in.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Thumbs up Thank You

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Hello,

We don't have a chart with the hotels and the tiers they are. If you want to see online how many points are required you can go to WyndhamRewards.com and put in where and when you are looking for and select that it is for with points and it will bring up the hotels in the are and how many points they require. Hope this helps!
Thank You. I could not find anything that told me how many points a hotel required including looking at the respective hotel site.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you want to see online how many points are required you can go to WyndhamRewards.com and put in where and when you are looking for and select that it is for with points and it will bring up the hotels in the are and how many points they require. Hope this helps!
I think that used to work, but isn't working today. If I haven't search that city yet, and I click "redeem WyndhamRewards points", it returns no hotels at all. If unclick that, it returns a bunch of hotels and their money prices. If I then click "redeem" again, it just redraws whatever search I last did, not the point rates. (In fact, if I search "London, GB" or "San Juan, PR" with "redeem points" checked first, I get nothing. If I search "San Juan, PR" without "redeem points" checked, I get a list of San Juan hotels with money prices. If I then search "London, GB" with "redeem points", it redraws the list of San Juan hotels, not the list of London hotels, with money prices.

(Previously, I remember it showing point rates, just not allowing to book them. But now I can't get it to show point rates at all! Someone seems to have changed the website to simply to not return any results if you check "redeem points" while searching outside the USA.)

IMHO this makes redemption of WynhdamRewards poitns overseas nearly worthless. I often need to research what redemption possibilities exist in various places on various dates, before commiting to redeeming. I'm supposed go through all that with a phone agent every single time?

It's especially annoying that it used to work before (when I was saving my points for possible overseas redemptions) and now (as I get closer to maybe using them that way) it suddenly disappears!

So please ask the WR website people to make it possbile to do again. Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2013, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I think that used to work, but isn't working today. If I haven't search that city yet, and I click "redeem WyndhamRewards points", it returns no hotels at all. If unclick that, it returns a bunch of hotels and their money prices. If I then click "redeem" again, it just redraws whatever search I last did, not the point rates. (In fact, if I search "London, GB" or "San Juan, PR" with "redeem points" checked first, I get nothing. If I search "San Juan, PR" without "redeem points" checked, I get a list of San Juan hotels with money prices. If I then search "London, GB" with "redeem points", it redraws the list of San Juan hotels, not the list of London hotels, with money prices.

(Previously, I remember it showing point rates, just not allowing to book them. But now I can't get it to show point rates at all! Someone seems to have changed the website to simply to not return any results if you check "redeem points" while searching outside the USA.)

IMHO this makes redemption of WynhdamRewards poitns overseas nearly worthless. I often need to research what redemption possibilities exist in various places on various dates, before commiting to redeeming. I'm supposed go through all that with a phone agent every single time?

It's especially annoying that it used to work before (when I was saving my points for possible overseas redemptions) and now (as I get closer to maybe using them that way) it suddenly disappears!

Similar problem here - I was actually looking in London as well. I can pull up hotels in the US just fine but as soon as I try GB I get "To book a free night stay using global rewards, please visit WyndhamRewards.com or call 1-866-996-7937." Yeah - I am on wyndhamrewards.com already...
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Exterous
Similar problem here - I was actually looking in London as well. I can pull up hotels in the US just fine but as soon as I try GB I get "To book a free night stay using global rewards, please visit WyndhamRewards.com or call 1-866-996-7937." Yeah - I am on wyndhamrewards.com already...
I can search for US hotels, but when I click on the 'Click for Details' button for the property, it takes me back to the original search page. I'm just going in circles here as I can't get to the next step in booking.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Hello,

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndh...valuation.html

IS WR changing levels programwide, or only a few hotels?

Any notice to customers?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sdsearch

Has it become rather clear why we experienced the above -- not a glitch, but part of adjusting hotels' prices in points?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:19 pm

I really gave Wyndham some consideration as my secondary hotel program, but their decision making is just DUMB. First they run a promo, which can only be described as fail of an epic propotion and now they devalue bunch of hotels (NYC) without ANY notice. Good luck with that kind of attitude towards customers.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nycvisitor
I really gave Wyndham some consideration as my secondary hotel program, but their decision making is just DUMB. First they run a promo, which can only be described as fail of an epic propotion and now they devalue bunch of hotels (NYC) without ANY notice. Good luck with that kind of attitude towards customers.
I tend to agree, it is more of only when they are the only property.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 5:52 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Hello,

Sorry for the late response. There were changes made to the Free Night Tier level for locations in NYC. We take your feedback seriously and will do a better job at communicating changes in the future.

Originally Posted by travelkid
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndh...valuation.html

IS WR changing levels programwide, or only a few hotels?

Any notice to customers?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Hello,

Sorry for the late response. There were changes made to the Free Night Tier level for locations in NYC. We take your feedback seriously and will do a better job at communicating changes in the future.
Thats great^ Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:13 pm
Used to be highman123

I just went through this Tier / Hotel mapping and there are no Tier 1 hotels left - is that correct? https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...4054785210.pdf
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
I just went through this Tier / Hotel mapping and there are no Tier 1 hotels left - is that correct? https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...4054785210.pdf
Te upper right corner of the first page of the PDF in your post says "Increased Tier as of March 2013". It's impossible for a property to increase to a Tier 1, so there are no Tier 1 properties on the PDF in your post. They had another list with all the decreases as of March 2013. I think over 300 were Tier 1 properties as of March 2013.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.