Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

how long does take to transfer points to United miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

I heard many bad stories

anyone transfer recently, does it change?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I don't know if United sucks across the board, but my club Carlson points took ~8 weeks to transfer to UA. Club Carlson and Wyndham points to AA took around a week. Personal experience
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:25 am
Original Poster

update, only take less than 5 days to post this time, maybe i win the lottery
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:35 am

Mine posted in a week WR to United and still waiting for miles from club carlson transfer
Old Nov 8, 2012, 2:27 am

Programs: Marriott:P, Le Club:P, HHornors: G, Carlson: G, SPG:G, IHG:PA
8 days for me!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hgus2727
8 days for me!
i made several transfers, all posted within one week

11/9/2012 WYNDHAM REWARDS 30K TRANSFER
11/9/2012 WYNDHAM REWARDS 17.5K TRANSFER
11/9/2012 WYNDHAM REWARDS 8K TRANSFER
11/1/2012 WYNDHAM REWARDS 17.5K TRANSFER
Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, United Silver, SPG, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Still receive United miles with corporate or gov discount?

Last week I booked my first stay with Wyndham (Days Inn) and next week I booked my second stay (Super 8). Prior to these reservations I dutifully enrolled in Wyndham Rewards, and set my preference to earn 500 United miles per stay.

However, with my first reservation, it said something about not receiving points for this stay. I was wondering if that's because I will instead receive 500 United miles. Or did the discount code -- 8000000066 (a discount of 16% to 20% with the Allied Business Network) -- nullify my ability to earn 500 United miles? It's been too soon since my stay, and no miles have posted to my United account.

Does anyone know if we can book rooms with a discount and still receive the 500 United miles? Thanks.

ps: BTW, before logging in to WyndhamRewards.com, I first logged into UltimateRewards, selected Super 8, and should still earn a total of 4 points per dollar spent with my Ink card, so it's not a total loss. But I'd still like the extra 500 United miles.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:29 pm
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Hello,

Looking at the coporate number only, I believe your stay would have been at a qualifying rate and you should have earned miles. If the miles have not been added to your account, can you please send me a private message with your account number and stay information?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by 9690110
Last week I booked my first stay with Wyndham (Days Inn) and next week I booked my second stay (Super 8). Prior to these reservations I dutifully enrolled in Wyndham Rewards, and set my preference to earn 500 United miles per stay.

However, with my first reservation, it said something about not receiving points for this stay. I was wondering if that's because I will instead receive 500 United miles. Or did the discount code -- 8000000066 (a discount of 16% to 20% with the Allied Business Network) -- nullify my ability to earn 500 United miles? It's been too soon since my stay, and no miles have posted to my United account.

Does anyone know if we can book rooms with a discount and still receive the 500 United miles? Thanks.

ps: BTW, before logging in to WyndhamRewards.com, I first logged into UltimateRewards, selected Super 8, and should still earn a total of 4 points per dollar spent with my Ink card, so it's not a total loss. But I'd still like the extra 500 United miles.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Choice Priveleges Gold, Club Carlson Silver, Wyndham Rewards, UMP, DL, ANA
Originally Posted by 9690110
Unless I'm mistaken, only stays at Wyndham and Hawthorne BRANDED properties actually earn the 500 united miles per stay. Stays at Days Inn and Super 8, and other Wyndham owned properties earn only 2 united miles per dollar spent.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, United Silver, SPG, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Received United miles for Days Inn stay

Thank you for the info, Wyndham Rewards2 and Lefty. As you both noted, I would (and did) receive the United miles ...and they equaled 2 miles per dollar spent. (From a comment I'd read somewhere on FlyerTalk, I mistakenly thought I'd earn a flat rate of 500 miles per stay, but now I see that is not the case when staying at a Days Inn or Super8.)

That said, I'm also able to earn an extra 4 Chase Ultimate Rewards point per dollar (2 points via the UltimateRewardsMall and 2 points via my Ink card), so this is probably a big enough reward (a total of 6 miles/points per dollar) for me to stay in a Days Inn or Super 8 when I can book rooms at this steep discount. With the Allied Business discount I'm able to secure rooms at these two hotels for half the price of the best corporate rate I can apply to rooms at the competing Hampton Inn or Fairfield by Marriott.
Old May 18, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Took me a couple of days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.