FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Reservation confirmation has different dates to that requested (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1383710-reservation-confirmation-has-different-dates-requested.html)

og Sep 3, 2012 7:00 am

Reservation confirmation has different dates to that requested

For the second time in less than a month, my reservation confirmation has completely different dates to that which I used when making the reservation over the WR web site. The previous time took 30 min on the phone to sort out the mess. The current problem is yet to be sorted.

In the latest instance, I attempted to book a one night stay at a HoJo in Ontario in one weeks time on a very attractive award rate of 6000 points. So far - so good. Unfortunately, the confirmation shows I have a reservation in mid next year (2013) for three days at the total price of 6000 points.

My first interraction with the WR call centre was an instruction to call back later as the "cancellation / rebooking office" is not open for another 15 minutes. Can't the phone operator do this?

Am I the only one getting errors with confirmations? Just as well I checked in detail as it would have been interesting arriving at the hotel next week with no reservation. :mad:

Wyndham Alison Sep 4, 2012 7:09 am

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. This is an issue we are aware of and are working on getting it corrected.

Originally Posted by og (Post 19243579)
For the second time in less than a month, my reservation confirmation has completely different dates to that which I used when making the reservation over the WR web site. The previous time took 30 min on the phone to sort out the mess. The current problem is yet to be sorted.

In the latest instance, I attempted to book a one night stay at a HoJo in Ontario in one weeks time on a very attractive award rate of 6000 points. So far - so good. Unfortunately, the confirmation shows I have a reservation in mid next year (2013) for three days at the total price of 6000 points.

My first interraction with the WR call centre was an instruction to call back later as the "cancellation / rebooking office" is not open for another 15 minutes. Can't the phone operator do this?

Am I the only one getting errors with confirmations? Just as well I checked in detail as it would have been interesting arriving at the hotel next week with no reservation. :mad:

og Sep 4, 2012 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2 (Post 19249530)
I am very sorry for the inconvenience. This is an issue we are aware of and are working on getting it corrected.

Thanks WR2. It must be a complex problem as I was also affected by this bug about a month ago and spent excessive time trying to undo the mess it caused. Thank goodness I thoroughly checked confirmation messages.

I have since rebooked successfully but had to phone up to cancel the erroneous reservation (the web cancellation process is not iPad friendly). Only spent 10 min on hold this time (sigh).

It would be nice to have confidence in a web based booking system :)