Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

BRG at Wyndham? (Tryp Hotel)

Hello

I'm thinking of booking a Tryp Hotel stay in Quebec city

a third party hotel website offers a way cheaper rate than Tryp itself

but when reading the T&C on the Tryp website, how can i make sure that they will not trick me and pretend that the other website is no longer available or another excuse in order not to apply the BRG policy ?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which T&Cs? (A link would have been nice.)

In general, you can't "count" on a BRG absolutely being approved, in any program. So the best approach is to make sure you're doing a reservation that can be cancelled without penalty, and then if the BRG is declined, you can cancel it and book somewhere else (if you don't want the hotel if you can't get a BRG). I'm assuming that (like other programs' BRGs) you don't actually have to book at the other site, just document it?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

well, the concerned rate is non-cancellable, non-refundable...
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by macaron95
well, the concerned rate is non-cancellable, non-refundable...
Well, the only program I would consider a BRG on a non-cancellable, non-refundable rate is Marriott. And not because BRGs are more likely to be accepted there. No, only because at Marriott (but I'm not aware of it being the case at other programs), many (but not all) "advance purchase" rates can be cancelled in the first 24 hours, by which time you should have an LNF (Marriott's BRG) response.

If Wyndham doesn't have such as 24-hour cancel exception, then I sure wouldn't dare risk a BRG going through, because no program I've seen has a guaranteed BRG success ratio.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 2, 2013 at 1:32 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

ok thanks for your advice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.