Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00
OMG!!! -- One goes away from this thread on Travels for one week and look what happens -- All hell breaks loose!

Did anyone who was not targeted for the first or second promo, use the /BONUS16 link to book and get the FIRST set of 48k AND the SECOND set of 48K points too???

Please report. I got the first set of 48k but I was also targeted. Now wishing I had used the /BONUS16 link to get a second set but waiting to hear from you.
I was targeted for promo #1: received 48K points.

I was not targeted for promo #2: my second 48K points are "on their way"

I don't think the /bonus16 is taking anymore customers unfortunately
Old Oct 30, 2012, 8:47 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Still waiting.

Sooooo I wonder when Wyndham's next promo is;-)
Bahaha not soon I bet....
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
Bahaha not soon I bet....
I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will participate in the Daily Getaway again next year! I was able to buy points for my Hawaii trip. Normally I would not have considered staying at a Wyndham but I read great things about Koloa Landing. I bought points on the Daily Getaway and used them to stay a few nights at this hotel. We liked it so much we cancelled a night at the Grand Hyatt and paid cash for another night here! We are also going back next year and sticking with Wyndham instead of our usual Westin or Hyatt options.

Daily Getaway was popular this year and I hope they participate and sell even more packages next year!!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
I am glad things are working out for most of the rest of you. As for me, I am getting completely fed up with Wyndham. After two actual stays in both promo periods, booked through their link, I have yet to receive *any* courtesy points, or anything other than the "wait 8 weeks and we'll see" blow-off. They have not even responded to my last few emails, where I included screenshots and folios.

At this point, I am ready to escalate the situation. I am thinking an EECB is in order.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
I am glad things are working out for most of the rest of you. As for me, I am getting completely fed up with Wyndham. After two actual stays in both promo periods, booked through their link, I have yet to receive *any* courtesy points, or anything other than the "wait 8 weeks and we'll see" blow-off. They have not even responded to my last few emails, where I included screenshots and folios.

At this point, I am ready to escalate the situation. I am thinking an EECB is in order.
What I was told today on the phone...if you were targeted for the first promo and booked through the email link you need to wait 8 weeks for your points to post. It is automated through the link. They won't post them manually because they do not want duplicate postings...

For anyone who took advantage of this second offer and made arrangements with them to earn these bonus points....these have to be done manually. There is no automated system. They have a special team handling. The rep I spoke to today took my information over the phone and sent an email to the department that is handling. I was one that had my account noted back on the 18th that I would get the promo....
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:03 pm

I have three upcoming refundable bookings to take advantage of this promo, will most likely be a no show. They were all booked before the terms and conditions changed. Should I carry through with these now that it appears they are being honoured on a case by case basis or should I just cancel, seeing they are refundable?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: Club Carlson, Hyatt, National, Le Club Accor,
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft

I can only speak about the 2nd offer. But yes, the previous answer to your concern is correct, PM wyndham with your stay info and the basic problem. Make sure you have credit card info on your stays or some other stay records from the hotel. The Wyndham rep should be able to send a reply about the goodwill points to correct this. Escalating the issue is no fun for either party, but you have to do some legwork for them to justify them crediting your account. Make sure you also provide your correct wyndham number so that everything is processed properly.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:36 pm

My 16,000 points posted for each of my stays. Thanks Wyndham! I loved this promo. I netted over 80,000 American Airlines miles for about $600.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by keirnna
My 16,000 points posted for each of my stays. Thanks Wyndham! I loved this promo. I netted over 80,000 American Airlines miles for about $600.
WOW, that's a lot of points! Almost as good as the Daily getaway/ Can't wait till that comes back!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by FormalHall
I have three upcoming refundable bookings to take advantage of this promo, will most likely be a no show. They were all booked before the terms and conditions changed. Should I carry through with these now that it appears they are being honoured on a case by case basis or should I just cancel, seeing they are refundable?
I would not carry through without something from them via email or pm saying they will honor. Especially if they are refundables. I am not sure they have honored everyone. Has anyone been denied in writing?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott:P, Le Club:P, HHornors: G, Carlson: G, SPG:G, IHG:PA
WOW..my 16k bonus is in today! Thx dude..thx FT!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by phdtomd
WOW, that's a lot of points! Almost as good as the Daily getaway/ Can't wait till that comes back!
yes,indeed
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:03 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by sargenet
I would not carry through without something from them via email or pm saying they will honor. Especially if they are refundables. I am not sure they have honored everyone. Has anyone been denied in writing?
The guy that posted above apparently hasn't read anything in the last few pages of this thread.

No doubts, keep your stays, send Wyndham the folios after they are all charged, get the points. They are giving these 'goodwill' points because they have to... oh the irony Wyndham oh the irony.

If they deny your points just start a lawsuit and I'm sure they will come around in no time.

Last edited by caGALINDO; Nov 1, 2012 at 8:08 am
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Cool, my points have posted

Family member's stays are coming up in mid-November, but I am confident their stays will post too, as they were booked at the same time as mine. ^ to Wyndham for coming about on the promo
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
my 48k points posted from the current promotion as well. sent my 3 folios on Oct 30 and received Nov 1.

so is everyone going to use these points to do the united transfer bonus?

convert 50k wyndham points to 20k united miles and get 5,000 miles bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.