Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 5:26 pm

My points from the initial email promotion are back in my account again.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jteef1
My points from the initial email promotion are back in my account again.
See y'all?

The fears of a grand conspiracy were greatly exaggerated.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott:P, Le Club:P, HHornors: G, Carlson: G, SPG:G, IHG:PA
Originally Posted by phdtomd
I checked my wife's account and she received the 16,000pts for a no show today. I immediately transferred them to AA.
Is that from the last prom or the new one?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:59 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Wyndham will never learn.

It’s easy to dismiss your bad decisions by reclassifying them as mistakes. It takes the edge off, softens the blow. But it’s much worse than that: reclassifying a bad decision as a mistake removes your sense of responsibility, making it no longer your fault. And it’s a lot easier to live with your bad decisions if they aren’t your fault. Consequently, you’re more likely to make the same bad decision over and over and over again if you simply consider it a mistake. Such behavior is, by definition, insane.

We all make mistakes. We all make bad decisions. They are part of the human experience. We can celebrate our mistakes—failure is often the key to success. And we can learn from our bad decisions. But let’s not confuse one with the other.
http://www.theminimalists.com/mistakes/
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: HH/PCR/SPG
Is there any one who received 16K Pt for new promotion with no-show ?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by brianchoi
I haven't. The points for the two stays are back, but for no-show it shows that I paid 0 (card not charged yet) and so it's an non-qualifying stay, even though the rule says that my card will be charged If I don't cancel by 6 pm on the same day of stay.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 6:38 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Just another update:

5 of our 6 no-show stays (for both my wife and me) have been completed and charged, with one more coming up on Sunday. Base points have been posting a few days after each stay, and the Fall promo (5.5K bonus for 2 stays) also posts with no problems. Now just waiting to see if the 16K per stay will post -- if it doesn't post a week after the base points, I'll email or call.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by usuario
Originally Posted by brianchoi
I haven't. The points for the two stays are back, but for no-show it shows that I paid 0 (card not charged yet) and so it's an non-qualifying stay, even though the rule says that my card will be charged If I don't cancel by 6 pm on the same day of stay.
I think this is property based. Some properties automatically post stay points on no shows. Others you have to call to get it fixed. I believe people just called the hotel direct and they changed it.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:49 am

I just called to get my last stay credited and I was told by the agent she requested to points to be processed and I need to wait for another 3-5 days. Is that normal procedure with Wyndham?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by nycvisitor
I just called to get my last stay credited and I was told by the agent she requested to points to be processed and I need to wait for another 3-5 days. Is that normal procedure with Wyndham?
Yes, or at least I was told the same thing
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by LM225
Just another update:

5 of our 6 no-show stays (for both my wife and me) have been completed and charged, with one more coming up on Sunday. Base points have been posting a few days after each stay, and the Fall promo (5.5K bonus for 2 stays) also posts with no problems. Now just waiting to see if the 16K per stay will post -- if it doesn't post a week after the base points, I'll email or call.
Mine posted about 4 weeks after the stay. With that's being said, I physically checked in at those places under the original targeted email. My wife no showed (or I did for her) at 2 properties for 3 separate stays. 1 of the 3 posted with base points and 16,0000, there was 0 indicating a no show. In regards to the other 2 stays 1 shows up as a duplicate entry with base points posted on one entry and a 0 on the other. Same hotel and date, two entries. The other stay still has a 0 for no show with no points awarded. Taking these all under consideration, I would say that I got the bonus points for the one stay because there was no 0 associated with it. Not sure what will happen with the other two stays
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Ugh, so the Wyndham Rewards representative on FT asked us to message him/her to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis? Well, I messaged to have one of my non-refundable reservations canceled almost a week ago and - as expected - I didn't receive a response. I received the charge on my credit card yesterday. Hooray.

I don't really care how this gets resolved anymore (spent too much time on the phone and writing messages), but I do know that I will actively avoid making reservations at any Wyndham properties in the future.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Call WR to ask base points for no shows and 16k bonus will be awarded in next batch (if your talking abt last promo)
Originally Posted by phdtomd
Mine posted about 4 weeks after the stay. With that's being said, I physically checked in at those places under the original targeted email. My wife no showed (or I did for her) at 2 properties for 3 separate stays. 1 of the 3 posted with base points and 16,0000, there was 0 indicating a no show. In regards to the other 2 stays 1 shows up as a duplicate entry with base points posted on one entry and a 0 on the other. Same hotel and date, two entries. The other stay still has a 0 for no show with no points awarded. Taking these all under consideration, I would say that I got the bonus points for the one stay because there was no 0 associated with it. Not sure what will happen with the other two stays
Old Oct 27, 2012, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by samineni3
Call WR to ask base points for no shows and 16k bonus will be awarded in next batch (if your talking abt last promo)
interesting
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: Club Carlson, Hyatt, National, Le Club Accor,
Post let's just be patient

Originally Posted by jonman21
Ugh, so the Wyndham Rewards representative on FT asked us to message him/her to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis? Well, I messaged to have one of my non-refundable reservations canceled almost a week ago and - as expected - I didn't receive a response. I received the charge on my credit card yesterday. Hooray.

I don't really care how this gets resolved anymore (spent too much time on the phone and writing messages), but I do know that I will actively avoid making reservations at any Wyndham properties in the future.
They seem to want to honor the promotion with those still remaining. That will make me give Wyndham a chance for my next stay. I just hope they mean it this time! Will save my hurrahs until my points post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.