Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by sargenet
I am going to go by what the supervisor told me and noted on my account vs what the Wyndham rep said here. Points guy just copied from what the Wyndham rep posted here.

Hopefully the Wyndham rep will speak with upper mgmt about the "revere" promo as it is called and post the right info so every one at Wyndham is on same page
ditto.

but hopefully sooner than later
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:24 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Awesome.

Last edited by caGALINDO; Oct 24, 2012 at 6:12 am
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:30 pm

Don't be silly: class action!

Then the lawyers will get 15,500 points for each stay and we'll get 500.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Sorry for the confusion everyone. To clarify there were 2 parts to this promotion.

First part were for members who were targeted through email and the dates for that part were August 6, 2012 to October 6, 2012 and completed by October 9, 2012.

Second part is for member's who were targeted through direct mail. Dates for this part are 9/12/12 to 12/31/12 and completed by 1/3/13.

To qualify you need to have been sent the direct mailer and book through the link provided. If you were not sent the direct mailer and you book through the link you will not receive the points for the promotion.

The second part of this promotion is not an extension of the first so if you had received the email and had not completed your stay you are not able to take part in the second part of the promotion unless you had also received the direct mail offer.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
By "Direct Mail", do you mean some kind of leaflet sent by snail mail? This sort of thing is easily tossed out by people who have "No junk mail" signs so some of us may never know if we were targeted or not. The T&C of the second offer does not specify it is for recepients of a direct mail offer.

NEW OFFER. No mention of targeting.

* To qualify for the “16,000 bonus Points” promotion (the “Promotion”) and earn 16,000 Wyndham Rewards® points, the member must (i) be an active member (ii) book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between 9/12/12 and 12/31/12 and complete their hotel stays by 1/3/13 (the “Promotion Period”). Members will receive 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points for up to three stays within the Promotion Period at any of the 20 properties regardless of the number of rooms booked. 16,000 bonus points is redeemable for one free night stay at a Tier 4 hotel. Member stays with check-out dates after 1/3/13 will not be counted towards the Promotion. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of stay for the enrollment points and stay bonus points to be credited to their account.

** Rates are based on our Best Available Rate and are limited and subject to availability. Higher rates may apply. Rates are subject to change at any time without notice. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Rates, availability, and restrictions, if any, will be confirmed at the time the reservation is booked. Unless otherwise noted, rates do not include taxes and other incidentals.
OLD OFFER Specifically mentions targeting

2012 Revere Promotion Terms and Conditions – Free night 16,000 bonus points

To qualify for the “16,000 bonus Points” promotion (the “Promotion”) and earn 16,000 Wyndham Rewards® points, the member must (i) be an active member (ii) click through the email and book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between August 6, 2012 and October 6, 2012 and complete their hotel stays by October 9, 2012.(the “Promotion Period”). Members will receive 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points for up to 3 stays within the Promotion Period at any of the 20 properties regardless of the number of rooms booked. 16,000 bonus points is redeemable for one free night stay at a Tier 4 hotel. Member stays with check-out dates after October 9, 2012 will not be counted towards the Promotion. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. For a full list of the 20 participating properties click here. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of stay for the bonus points to be credited to their account.

Also, my husband and I had ticked all the boxes to get promotional emails and we didn't get the original emails either. How do we make sure we don't miss out on any of these promos?

Have any Flyertalkers seen this "Direct mail"?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I also don't like that there are representatives saying that supposedly only if you clicked through the links on the bonus16 page, you will get the points.

There is also nothing in the T&C that say anything about needing to click through a link, or any mention of any specific path needed to get awarded the points.

I booked through a partner portal and that shouldn't matter whatsoever because it makes no mention of it in the T&C.

Just my .02...
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I booked through a partner portal and that shouldn't matter whatsoever because it makes no mention of it in the T&C.

Just my .02...
I wouldn't do that.

How do you know if your partner portal is a "qualified rate"? Most of the times such bookings give zero points.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:36 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Awesome.

Last edited by caGALINDO; Oct 24, 2012 at 6:13 am
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Partner is iffy. The coupon posted above should work though - it doesn't state "no point awarded".
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:29 pm

I didn't receive anything in the mail, so I'm cancelling my reservations. I think I can predict Wyndham is going to be a bit unhappy with this one if it doesn't get some clarity very fast. Once it hits the blogs, they really can't afford to waffle like they are.

Reminds me a bit of the times that Amex put bonus offers on public web sites, did not say they were targeted, and then suggested they could deny the points unless the customer could produce a written invitation. They started out pretty firm about it, but eventually got overwhelmed.

I think my thought is Wyndham really might want to get on top of this ASAP.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I never could figure out the benefit of targeting promos anyway. I am sure this strategy worked well even up to 5 or 6 years ago but nowadays when EVERYTHING gets posted on forums and blogs, I think targeting works AGAINST a brand. Sure the 10% or whatever may be happy but then the other 90% end up resenting the brand and wondering "What's wrong with me? Why did THEY get invited but I didn't? Why doesn't this brand appreciate me?"

Maybe Wyndham should take a note from Club Carlson. Their Big Night Giveaway promo was open to the first 50,000 who registered and ANY member was eligible to register. If you didn't make the top 50,000, that was YOUR fault for not getting there on time, not Club Carlson's fault.

I am not a big spender but I do use Wyndham properties, I also use Priority Club, Club Carlson and sometimes SPG, depending on who has the best option where I am going. Having said that, I have been giving more and more bookings to Club Carlson lately because I feel that they are fair in how they run their promos and don't pick and choose amongst their members who gets in and who doesn't.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by Tiki
I think targeting works AGAINST a brand. Sure the 10% or whatever may be happy but then the other 90% end up resenting the brand and wondering "What's wrong with me? Why did THEY get invited but I didn't? Why doesn't this brand appreciate me?"

Maybe Wyndham should take a note from Club Carlson. Their Big Night Giveaway promo was open to the first 50,000 who registered and ANY member was eligible to register. If you didn't make the top 50,000, that was YOUR fault for not getting there on time, not Club Carlson's fault.
^^^
Well said.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Tiki
I never could figure out the benefit of targeting promos anyway. I am sure this strategy worked well even up to 5 or 6 years ago but nowadays when EVERYTHING gets posted on forums and blogs, I think targeting works AGAINST a brand. Sure the 10% or whatever may be happy but then the other 90% end up resenting the brand and wondering "What's wrong with me? Why did THEY get invited but I didn't? Why doesn't this brand appreciate me?"

I am not a big spender but I do use Wyndham properties, I also use Priority Club, Club Carlson and sometimes SPG, depending on who has the best option where I am going. Having said that, I have been giving more and more bookings to Club Carlson lately because I feel that they are fair in how they run their promos and don't pick and choose amongst their members who gets in and who doesn't.

^ completely agree. I am actually in the same boat. When CC ran the 3x50K promo acros their brands this summer, I jumped at the opportunity and stayed in all of their brands during one business trip (my colleagues thought I was raving mad). I have since discovered that some of the Carlson brands are not bad - and I'm staying in one this Sunday again. This bs about maybe qualifying, or maybe not, certainly does not play too well for brand appreciation. I hope they come around.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Their call center is overwhelmed......

After I called earlier to clarify I had a supervisor note my account that I would get the promo. I needed to call again tonight about getting my name added to my husband's account and decided to ask this rep about the promotion. Yep...once again I was told it was targeted only and he wouldn't get it unless he received a mailer!

When the rep saw the notes from the supervisor telling me we would get it he admitted he was totally confused. He said they were still told to tell people it was targeted and he just got off the phone with someone who was arguing with him about this very same thing!! This rep sent me up to another supervisor who did the same song and dance "it is targeted". But this time I found out this supervisor works with the supervisor I spoke to earlier. She quickly changed her tune when she saw the other supervisor's notes on the account.

Bottom line is they don't know what is going on. They said that marketing mailed out the flyers and they haven't seen them, but it was supposed to be targeted. She is not sure what will happen with this promotion...if they will open it to everyone or not. Or they may end up changing the website and the terms and conditions...
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by sargenet
After I called earlier to clarify I had a supervisor note my account that I would get the promo. I needed to call again tonight about getting my name added to my husband's account and decided to ask this rep about the promotion. Yep...once again I was told it was targeted only and he wouldn't get it unless he received a mailer!

When the rep saw the notes from the supervisor telling me we would get it he admitted he was totally confused. He said they were still told to tell people it was targeted and he just got off the phone with someone who was arguing with him about this very same thing!! This rep sent me up to another supervisor who did the same song and dance "it is targeted". But this time I found out this supervisor works with the supervisor I spoke to earlier. She quickly changed her tune when she saw the other supervisor's notes on the account.

Bottom line is they don't know what is going on. They said that marketing mailed out the flyers and they haven't seen them, but it was supposed to be targeted. She is not sure what will happen with this promotion...if they will open it to everyone or not. Or they may end up changing the website and the terms and conditions...
I was about to jump on this promotion last night. However, I felt that something is not right in the first place. Since I have heard some people here did not get their bonus points from the first promotional round, I chose an option to wait to make sure everything is clear in their terms. In addition, their terms do not specify clearly which booking rates are available for this offer. AAA, Government rates do work too? Someone on viewfromthewing did take a risk to go whatever option yields lowest cost per night and chose an option "no show". I suggest that someone who did not jump on this promo yet needs to wait a little bit.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by tiger302
I wouldn't do that.

How do you know if your partner portal is a "qualified rate"? Most of the times such bookings give zero points.
I guess I should've clarified... I booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal. So, I ended up booking a room on the Days Inn site.

So, it isn't like I booked at Expedia or something. I booked on the actual website, just went through a portal.

There should be no reason that would disqualify me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.