Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
The link that I have through the e-mail has a slightly different link then the one posted. To me, it looks like an affiliate link, so I would think that this is how they are tracking the promotion.

I did my first stay last night - so I will see how long it takes for the points to post.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Originally Posted by highman123
Just checked Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates and it's $58.99 for 8/18.

You guys are aware of the fact that Wyndham is officially the only chain that counts no-shows as eligible for the stay credit? While it's still a good idea to give the property a good excuse and try to get checked in via phone points should post in any way.

So it's 7k miles for ~$65 - that's under one cent
Are you sure no shows count as eligible stays?. Is it possible to check in via phone?.
If it works then will buy you a beer
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by samineni3
Are you sure no shows count as eligible stays?. Is it possible to check in via phone?.
If it works then will buy you a beer
Does the advance purchase prices count? If so - those are cheaper - some around $47 - if you move the date a couple of weeks out.

Please don't book ALL the rooms though. I actually plan on STAYING there.

I am planning on staying at Schaumburg one night, Hoffman Estates one night, and then Schaumburg the third night. I am assuming those will count as three separate stays for three bonuses.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

no shows count as eligible stays?. Any FTers confirm?.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:06 pm

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=
If the property requires a credit card for a reservation, the Member is a no-show, and the hotel charges his/her credit card for the first night of the no-show stay, the Member will receive points for such night as if he/she had stayed."
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:28 pm
Used to be highman123

Thanks for looking it up. Still it's a good idea to give the hotel a call to avoid embarrassment with Wyndham later on...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by melodiers
Hi, I am new to flyertalk. I have spoken with Wyndham Reward. The email was targeted and if you didn't receive you will not be rewarded.
Yeah, that's the story I'm getting when I asked nicely thru their FB page. Had to get the email in order to get the bonus. If someone has first hand experience otherwise, it would be good to know. Looks like a good promo.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:43 pm

Watch Your Email

I just got the offer in an email that I received today. It was somewhat buried and I could have easily missed it if not for this tread.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by dldkjones
I just got the offer in an email that I received today. It was somewhat buried and I could have easily missed it if not for this tread.
me too, I just received mine, the email title is
”Your point balance, member offers & Summer Rewards“
Old Aug 14, 2012, 6:00 pm

The terms do not specify that you must have selected points in order to earn the bonus. If anyone earns the 16K points who selected airline miles for the usual stay reward, please post that here.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
If I'm reading this part of the T&Cs properly,
Members will receive 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points for up to 3 stays within the Promotion Period at any of the 20 properties regardless of the number of rooms booked.
then it appears you could stay at the same property multiple times during this promotion and get credit for up to three nights, so long as you don't try to stay consecutive nights on check ins/check outs. Does that sound right?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by melodiers
Hi, I am new to flyertalk. I have spoken with Wyndham Reward. The email was targeted and if you didn't receive you will not be rewarded.
Welcome to FT....... I think.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
If I'm reading this part of the T&Cs properly, then it appears you could stay at the same property multiple times during this promotion and get credit for up to three nights, so long as you don't try to stay consecutive nights on check ins/check outs. Does that sound right?
I read it the same way - that you can stay at the same property three times.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by jteef1
I read it the same way - that you can stay at the same property three times.
That's correct; each stay at the same property must be a separate booking.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by highman123
You guys are aware of the fact that Wyndham is officially the only chain that counts no-shows as eligible for the stay credit?
You get points for no shows but would it count as a stay for this promo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.