Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Interesting Wyndham customer service exchange

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2012, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel

I finally figured out a couple of reasons that Wyndham customer service is so poor.
I called Wyndham CS after emailing a Wyndham property and having the email kicked back because the mailbox was full. I had used the contact us form but the agent claimed they had not received my enquiry.
My concern was with the reviews on this particular property. The property seemed to go to hell in a very few months So i was wondering if it was an anomaly or a deep rooted problem that there were 4- 5- bad reviews in a row.
The agent at Wyndham had no clue that reviews could be seen on Wyndhams website and asked me what web site I had used to see the reviews. I explained that Wyndham links to Tripadvisor reviews. The agent was amazed, When I inquired as to when she had accessed the website last this was her answer. Never, as Wyndham does not give time to us (customer service employees) to see the website, It gives us no training as to what is on the website" and "I have no access to the website from my computer at work". When I asked about home she further stated she does own a computer.
The person was pleasant and courteous but all she could do was write up my request and say someone will get back to me in 5-6 days.
This is the reason Wyndham has bad customer service.
IT HAS POOR MANAGEMENT
IT DOES NOT TRAIN EMPLOYEES
IT DOES NOT GIVE EMPLOYEES OWNERSHIP OF A PROBLEM.
IT BELIEVES GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BEING PLEASANT AND COURTEOUS BUT NOTHING MORE
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
It sounds like you had trouble sending an email to a particular property. Take it further up the chain AT THE PROPERTY.

How would "the agent" know whether or not the enquiry had been received?

I wouldn't expect CS agents to be familiar with the website, OR to have an opinion as to why a property has a string of bad reviews.

I think you expect too much.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clublounger
It sounds like you had trouble sending an email to a particular property. Take it further up the chain AT THE PROPERTY.

How would "the agent" know whether or not the enquiry had been received?

I wouldn't expect CS agents to be familiar with the website, OR to have an opinion as to why a property has a string of bad reviews.

I think you expect too much.
The e-mail was to the GM of the property.

My concern was about the reviews; CS agent clueless as to the customers ability to see reviews on the website.
I would expect my CS people to have a working knowledge of the website as that is where most customer interactions ( and associated problems) take place
Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darben
I would expect my CS people to have a working knowledge of the website as that is where most customer interactions ( and associated problems) take place
Well, this is hardly unique to WR. For various reasons, the CS people at most airline & hotel programs are not able to access their own company's web pages at their desks. They are seeing internal information (in a different format) instead.

You'll run into this when you call to inquire about an offer that's only available at the company's website, and they say they can't tell you anything about it because they can't look up web offers.

AA, for example, only has one separate department, Web Services, which can deal specifically with issues regarding its websites. The main AA CS can do nothing (except send you to Web Services, or perhaps relay a message on your behalf to Web Services).

Furthermore, hotel programs tend to have a gazillion different websites, and it would take a while for a CS person to learn about all the features at all of them (and they can't guess which of those features you'll mention; many WR website users probably haven't even noticed the reviews, and would think something you've never noticed is the surprising thing for CS to not know about).
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:10 pm
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Hi Darben, was it Wyndham Rewards you had called of a specific brand's toll free number. The Member Service Agents with Wyndham Rewards can and will access the Wyndham Rewards website to aide in helping a member with a concern. As well, they are all educated on the large enhancements to our website, such as the addition of Trip Adviser, as they were all thrilled with that enhancement. We strive to provide the best member service we can, and that does go beyond being courteous. If there is anything Wyndham Rewards related that I can help with, please do not hesitate to send us an email at [email protected] or by contacting member service at 1-866-996-7937.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Hi Darben, was it Wyndham Rewards you had called of a specific brand's toll free number. The Member Service Agents with Wyndham Rewards can and will access the Wyndham Rewards website to aide in helping a member with a concern. As well, they are all educated on the large enhancements to our website, such as the addition of Trip Adviser, as they were all thrilled with that enhancement. We strive to provide the best member service we can, and that does go beyond being courteous. If there is anything Wyndham Rewards related that I can help with, please do not hesitate to send us an email at [email protected] or by contacting member service at 1-866-996-7937.
Actually the problem seems to be entirely with Wyndham; The hotel in Shepherdsville, Ky email is being blocked by Wyndham for some reason. I spoke with a nice young lady from the hotel who said she had tried to send an email to herself using the link provided on the Days website and that hers had also been returned as mailbox full even though she had made sure the mailbox was fairly empty and as for your 2nd part I called the Days customer service number and spoke with a lady their. If I ever need your services I will be sure to email you. Thank you for the reply. Maybe you can help by passing on my thoughts to your colleagues at Days customer service so that they can become better at their jobs
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by darben
This is the reason Wyndham has bad customer service.
IT HAS POOR MANAGEMENT
IT DOES NOT TRAIN EMPLOYEES
IT DOES NOT GIVE EMPLOYEES OWNERSHIP OF A PROBLEM.
IT BELIEVES GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BEING PLEASANT AND COURTEOUS BUT NOTHING MORE
Add me also as a vicitm. They don't answer to emails!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:24 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Hello,

I am sorry we have not responded to your email. If I can help, please private message me.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Add me also as a vicitm. They don't answer to emails!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Hello,

I am sorry we have not responded to your email. If I can help, please private message me.

Thank you!

I did actually send you a pm on Aug 9, 12 10:35 am but you did not answer me. There is also no answer from customer service for my mail which was sent in the beginning of the week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.