FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Wyndham Summer Promotion 2012 ? Any hints? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1362757-wyndham-summer-promotion-2012-any-hints.html)

northernstar84 Jul 3, 2012 4:33 am

Wyndham Summer Promotion 2012 ? Any hints?

Are there already some rumours about the new Promotion? When will it come?

Wyndham Alison Jul 3, 2012 7:09 am

We don't have any details or dates for our summer promotion yet.

Originally Posted by northernstar84 (Post 18862236)

sdsearch Jul 3, 2012 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by northernstar84 (Post 18862236)
Wyndham Summer Promotion 2012 ? Any hints?

Yes, a big hint: It won't be called a Summer Promotion (which is what you called it in your thread title), because the current promo ends July 8, and that was already called the Summer Promotion! Here is the US variant of it (still going on for 5 more days):

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ARVEL&variant=

And then there's already this brands-specific promo (at least in the US) that runs through the end of the year:

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...R2012&variant=

Best Available Rate + 1,000 Wyndham Rewards Bonus Points*

*To qualify for the Best Available Rate + 1,000 Wyndham Rewards Bonus Points Program a Wyndham Rewards member must (i) book the member rate that offers 1,000 bonus points and stay at a participating Wingate by Wyndham®, Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham or Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® property in the US, Canada, Europe, Mexico, Caribbean, and Bahamas between April 2, 2012 and December 31, 2012, and (ii) complete their hotel stay by December 31, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). Members who check-out after December 31, 2012 will not receive any bonus points. Each individual hotel must elect to participate in the bonus point rate program. If a member has elected in their member profile to receive airline miles or rail points rather than Wyndham Rewards points, they will receive their regular airline miles or rail points in connection with the Best Available Rate plus the bonus 1,000 Wyndham Rewards Points. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of the stay for the bonus points or airline miles or rail points to be credited to their account. The program and its terms and conditions are subject to cancellation or change at any time. Click here to learn more about our Best Available Rate.

vickiburton Jul 11, 2012 3:12 pm

I think I may have an answer to your query. I just received this from Wyndham.

Something sweet is coming your way! Check your inbox next week for more information about our bonus point promotion, starting July 17, 2012.

Book at WyndhamRewards.com »

Embassy. Jul 16, 2012 8:58 am

Originally Posted by vickiburton (Post 18912281)
I think I may have an answer to your query. I just received this from Wyndham.

Something sweet is coming your way! Check your inbox next week for more information about our bonus point promotion, starting July 17, 2012.

Any word on the promo? It's July 16 and it supposedly starts tomorrow.

sdsearch Jul 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Embassy. (Post 18938856)
Any word on the promo? It's July 16 and it supposedly starts tomorrow.

So can't you just wait until tomorrow already??? :confused: :rolleyes:

(Many promos at many companies aren't announced until they're live. So there's nothing necessarily unusual about still no word a day before the launch date.)

DavesInn Jul 17, 2012 9:36 am

Quadruple points from second stay (UK)

Nothing in my inbox, but just logged in to my account to make a booking and was confronted by a banner: Quadruple points from second stay. Clicked the "register" button and it is now listed in my list of promtions.

jrm68 Jul 17, 2012 10:59 am

4X US promo also

Summer is
4x sweeter.

you’re ready to earn 4x the points or airline miles starting with your 2nd stay when you book here at WyndhamRewards.com by September 13, 2012.

Plus, save up to 30%.
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for the “Book Direct Quadruple Points or Miles” promotion and earn quadruple Wyndham Rewards® points, airline miles or rail points, the member must (i) register at wyndhamrewards.com/sweet or 1-866-996-7937, (ii) book a stay on wyndhamrewards.com, daysinn.com, ramada.com, wyndham.com, wingatehotels.com, hawthorn.com, super8.com, baymontinns.com, microtelinn.com, hojo.com, travelodge.com, knightsinn.com, dreamintl.com, nighthotelny.com, tryphotels.com or wyndhamhotelgroup.com, at a qualifying rate between July 17, 2012 and September 13, 2012 and complete their hotel stays by September 20, 2012 (“Promotion Period”), and (iii) provide a valid email address. Members will receive quadruple Wyndham Rewards points, airline miles or rail points starting with their second stay within the Promotion Period for up to four (4) separate qualified stays (for the second, third, fourth, and fifth qualified stays) with a maximum of 3 rooms per stay. Points, airline miles or rail points will be awarded based on earning preference selected in entrant’s member profile at time of second, third, fourth and fifth qualified stays. Member stays with check-out dates after September 20, 2012 will not be counted towards the promotion. Rates offered by most on-line travel agencies and certain other rates do not qualify. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of registration and stay(s) for the bonus points, airline miles or rail points to be credited to their account.

sdsearch Jul 17, 2012 1:10 pm

it's 4x points OR MILES (at least in US) on 2nd-5th stay

Originally Posted by DavesInn (Post 18946939)
Nothing in my inbox, but just logged in to my account to make a booking and was confronted by a banner: Quadruple points from second stay. Clicked the "register" button and it is now listed in my list of promtions.

Check the details page. The US main page says "How does 4x points sound", but the details page:

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...UMMER&variant=

says it's either 4x points or 4x milles on your 2nd through 5th stay.

So is the UK version really only for points (not available for miles)? Or did you just miss that in the details?

(Not that I'm sure whether it's worth doing it for miles in the UK. In the US, it's usually more productive to earn points and then convert to miles later, except for Southwest Airlines, since Southwest earns a flat 600 Southwest points per stay, rather than earning proportional to points like all other airline. But since Southwest only flies so far within the US, I doubt that many people based outside the US collect Southwest points.)

DavesInn Jul 17, 2012 2:58 pm

UK Ts&Cs

Further to earlier post, here are the full details as I see them in the UK:

2012 Summer Promotion Terms and Conditions – Book Direct Quadruple Points or Miles
1.To qualify for the “Book Direct Quadruple Points or Miles” promotion and earn quadruple Wyndham Rewards® points or airline miles the member must:
1.register at wyndhamrewards.com/summer, wyndhamrewards.com/beach or wyndhamrewards.de/summer or call 00-800 367-87477 during the “Promotion Period”;
2.book at least two stays on wyndhamrewards.com, daysinn.com/daysinn.co.uk, ramada.com/ramada.co.uk/ramadahotels.de/ramadainternational.com, wyndham.com, wingatehotels.com, hawthorn.com, super8.com, baymontinns.com, microtelinn.com, hojo.com, travelodge.com, knightsinn.com, dreamintl.com, nighthotelny.com, tryphotels.com or wyndhamhotelgroup.com, at a Qualifying Rate, between 17th July 2012 and 13th September 2012;
3.complete their hotel stays between 17th July 2012 and 20th September 2012 (“Promotion Period”). Member stays with checkout dates after 20th September 2012 will not be counted towards the promotion. Availability of hotels within these dates will vary;
4.provide a valid email address.
2.Members will receive quadruple Wyndham Rewards® points or airline miles on the second and any subsequent stays within the Promotion Period up to and including the fifth stay.
3.Quadruple Wyndham Rewards® points or airline miles will be awarded on a maximum of 3 rooms per stay subject to clause 2 above.
4.Wyndham Rewards® points or airline miles will be awarded based on earning preference selected in entrant’s member profile at the time of the second, third, fourth and fifth stays.
5.A "Qualifying Rate" includes all guest room rates except for the following: employee/family, most travel agents, group, wholesale, package transportation/crew and other special contract rates or free night stays. Most rates available through tour operators and travel websites (excluding Wyndham Rewards.com and the Participating Hotel chain websites) such as Expedia and Travelocity are wholesale rates and therefore do not qualify to earn Wyndham Rewards® points or miles as part of the Promotion. For more information, please see the Wyndham Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions.
6.One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs.
7.Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of registration and their stay(s) for their bonus points or airline miles to be credited to their account.
8.Wyndham Rewards members who enroll in the Wyndham Rewards® programme at participating hotels within the Promotion Period will automatically be registered.
9.Wyndham Hotel Group reserves the right to change the terms and conditions and to withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
10.This promotion is only applicable to successfully registered members who reside in a country other than China (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan).
11.Super 8 hotels in China and bmi airlines are not participating in this promotion.

sdsearch Jul 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by DavesInn (Post 18949533)
11.Super 8 hotels in China and bmi airlines are not participating in this promotion.

No such mentions in the US version. Does that mean that Super 8 in China participates in the US version but not the UK version, or does it simply mean the US version T&Cs are incomplete at this point? :confused:

(BMI sounds simpler. Its program either doesn't exist already or is about to not exist, merging into BA's Avios since BMI has been bought by BA.)

MDtR-Chicago Jul 19, 2012 12:03 am

2400 Southwest points are worth about $40... that's not so bad.

sdsearch Jul 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago (Post 18959649)
2400 Southwest points are worth about $40... that's not so bad.

Exactly. Because Southwest points are a "flat" amount unrelated to the cost of the stay, but WyndhamRewards points are proportional to the cost of the stay (and I tend to only stay in inexpensive Super 8's and Days Inn's and Baymonts in the suburbs, on one-night stays), on any "multiplier" (2x, 3x, 4x) promo, or without any promo, I always value the Southwest points (under the "miles" earning settings) over WyndhamRewards points.

It's only when WynhdamRewards does a "flat" points promo (earn XXXX bonus points with your stay"), rather than proportional, that I choose to earn Wyndham Rewards points.

(Obviously, that math might work differently for someone staying in higher-end Wyndham brands, and/or someone usually doing many-night stays. Southwest points earnings don't go up as the cost of your stay does, but WyndhamRewards earnings do. So eventually there's some stay cost at which WyndhamRewards earning beats Southwest earning, but I don't ever come close to crossing that, so I've never worked out what it is.)

pavemental Jul 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Further to sdsearch's comments on earning Southwest points, I want to maximize earning Southwest Companion Pass Qualifying Points (CPQP) this year. I have plenty of Southwest points so I don't care about maximizing them unless they're CPQP.

When someone completes this promotion, can they please post if the bonus points are CPQP? I had a Wyndham stay in May where the bonus points were not CPQP but I believe some earlier promos have been.

sdsearch Jul 23, 2012 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by pavemental (Post 18987226)
Further to sdsearch's comments on earning Southwest points, I want to maximize earning Southwest Companion Pass Qualifying Points (CPQP) this year. I have plenty of Southwest points so I don't care about maximizing them unless they're CPQP.

When someone completes this promotion, can they please post if the bonus points are CPQP? I had a Wyndham stay in May where the bonus points were not CPQP but I believe some earlier promos have been.

Please explain how we would tell. I don't have use for CPQP (I pretty much always fly alone, plus I don't earn enough points in a year that it'd be enough for CPQP even if every point I earned was CPQP!), so I'm unfamiliar with how you tell which points are CPQP and which aren't. And I'd bet several other people here might be like that.

(I won't have my first WR stay under this promo until a two and a half weeks from now, and won't have my second WR stay under this promo until a month from now, so my info may not be early enough to help you necesarily, unless you're planning to do your stays in early September, but someone else who may be doing stays earlier might also not know how to determine which points are CPQP.)