FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Wyndham Points for Wedding (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1306648-wyndham-points-wedding.html)

onefatsurfer Jan 25, 2012 8:08 am

Wyndham Points for Wedding

Has anyone earned points for having their wedding at a Wyndham Hotel? My wedding is booked at a local Ramada, and the catering manager first said that she had never heard of anyone asking to get points as if the wedding were a meeting, then later told us that we can't earn points on the wedding because the hotel is privately owned... :confused:

I'm going to take it up the chain to Wyndham. If it were a couple thousand points, I'd let it go, but we're talking hundreds of thousands of points, potentially...

kipper Jan 25, 2012 8:22 am

You could send a PM to Wyndham Rewards and Wyndham Rewards 2 and inquire about it.

onefatsurfer Jan 25, 2012 8:46 am

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 17883922)
You could send a PM to Wyndham Rewards and Wyndham Rewards 2 and inquire about it.

Good call. PM'ed both, and I'll keep everyone updated on this. If anyone else has any experience with this topic, definitely post in here (or PM me). I'm curious if anyone else has earned or been refused when asking to earn points on a wedding..

kipper Jan 25, 2012 8:54 am

In a quick reading of "earning" points through WR, I've only found hotel stays listed, not even meetings as being listed as qualifying as earning.

onefatsurfer Jan 25, 2012 8:56 am

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 17884141)
In a quick reading of "earning" points through WR, I've only found hotel stays listed, not even meetings as being listed as qualifying as earning.

http://www.wyndham.com/meetingsandwe...vents/main.wnt

It's interesting to note that the title of the page is "Meetings and Weddings", and that throughout that page, they reference "Events".

kipper Jan 25, 2012 10:07 am

Originally Posted by onefatsurfer (Post 17884149)
http://www.wyndham.com/meetingsandwe...vents/main.wnt

It's interesting to note that the title of the page is "Meetings and Weddings", and that throughout that page, they reference "Events".

That's Wyndham hotels though. It doesn't say anything about any hotel other than Wyndham. In addition to Wyndham Rewards, they offer Wyndham ByRequest, but that only kicks in a Wyndham-named hotels. I'd guess this is the same issue.

I don't know how far along in planning you are, but if you've not officially booked the site, you might be able to use this to negotiate, by saying that if they won't give you points, you will move the reception.

onefatsurfer Jan 25, 2012 11:26 am

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 17884582)
That's Wyndham hotels though. It doesn't say anything about any hotel other than Wyndham. In addition to Wyndham Rewards, they offer Wyndham ByRequest, but that only kicks in a Wyndham-named hotels. I'd guess this is the same issue.

I don't know how far along in planning you are, but if you've not officially booked the site, you might be able to use this to negotiate, by saying that if they won't give you points, you will move the reception.

Does it specifically state anything about it only being good for Wyndham hotels? I didn't see anything, and at the bottom of the page, I see the Wyndham Hotel Group including the Ramada..

We have officially booked the site, and got in on a deal they had going where we had to book on a specific day in order to get the rate that we got, so we jumped on it.

kipper Jan 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by onefatsurfer (Post 17885133)
Does it specifically state anything about it only being good for Wyndham hotels? I didn't see anything, and at the bottom of the page, I see the Wyndham Hotel Group including the Ramada..

We have officially booked the site, and got in on a deal they had going where we had to book on a specific day in order to get the rate that we got, so we jumped on it.

Not officially, but it does state, "ByRequest benefits will vary based on membership level of individual attendee," which to me means that it is only specific to Wyndham hotels, as those are the only ones that offer the ByRequest program. Likewise, the fact that it is on a wyndham.com website, not a wyndhamrewards.com website seems to me to limit it.

clublounger Jan 29, 2012 9:57 am

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 17884582)

Just as kipper states, the time to enquire about points is BEFORE you sign the contract. What is the incentive for the hotel to provide anything more at this point?

As comfort, if points EVER were possible for such an event, it's probable that the price that the hotel advertised would have been adjusted up accordingly. After all, someone would have to pay for them, and the hotel sure wouldn't be the one to take it on the chin.

Oh - Congratulations ! Enjoy the Big Day !

onefatsurfer Jan 31, 2012 6:07 am

Originally Posted by clublounger (Post 17908958)
Just as kipper states, the time to enquire about points is BEFORE you sign the contract. What is the incentive for the hotel to provide anything more at this point?

As comfort, if points EVER were possible for such an event, it's probable that the price that the hotel advertised would have been adjusted up accordingly. After all, someone would have to pay for them, and the hotel sure wouldn't be the one to take it on the chin.

We inquired about points at the contract signing. It seems that nobody at Wyndham or Ramada knows the actual policy regarding points. We did get a very good rate, so I'm not too upset, and I'm too stressed out about wedding stuff at this point to argue.

Originally Posted by clublounger (Post 17908958)
Oh - Congratulations ! Enjoy the Big Day !

Thanks!

kipper Jan 31, 2012 6:28 am

Originally Posted by onefatsurfer (Post 17921090)
We inquired about points at the contract signing. It seems that nobody at Wyndham or Ramada knows the actual policy regarding points. We did get a very good rate, so I'm not too upset, and I'm too stressed out about wedding stuff at this point to argue.

Thanks!

LOL, weddings can be stressful. Just remember, it's not the day, it's the life together. :)

Congrats!