Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Rewards Plays Fast & Loose w/ Fall Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Rewards Plays Fast & Loose w/ Fall Promo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, USAir, UA
Thumbs down Wyndham Rewards Plays Fast & Loose w/ Fall Promo

So I'd already had enough adventure on my September trip ("The Super 8.....that wasn't!"), I thought that the problems were over...

Except that on 11/6, I went to check my Wyndham account...and noticed that one of my stays had not posted. On the phone I went to Wyndham Rewards to see what had happened. According to them, one of the other hotels had not posted the points....but since I'd booked through the WR website (to get the Fall bonus points), the booking showed up and I was told it would post in "a couple of days" with the Fall bonus.

A couple of weeks later, the stay had posted....but no bonus points and no link to the $20 gift card. So I call again. And get told that I have to wait 6-8 weeks for bonus points to post....and the stay was 11/6. I explain that no, the stay was 9/20....and that the only thing 11/6 is when WR got around to entering the into into their system. And then the fun began... They claimed that the T&C only started when they entered the info....despite the fact that their website clearly said 6-8 weeks "AFTER YOUR STAY." I work my way through several levels of "phone help," until I finally get told that they will correct this... Except that, a week passes, and nothing changes.

Another call. Another set of claims that "my stay" was 11/6. Another set of promises broken. Another week passes, rinse and repeat. Another week passes, rinse and repeat.

Today something finally changes. I finally receive an e-mail with the link to the gift card...and it will take ANOTHER THREE TO FOUR WEEKS.... And CR AGENT NAME (name redacted by mod to protect privacy) just wants to let me know that "...you qualified for 1 of the $20 cash back rebates on 11/6/11..."

Because apparently they can't get it through their heads that I qualified according to their terms and conditions on 9/20 with my second stay....and they can't get their act together enough to actually honor the terms they wrote....or admit that they SCREWED UP.

Last edited by GoldCircle; Dec 9, 2011 at 9:41 am Reason: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q69
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:22 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Hello, I am sorry about the delay in your stay processing. Typically they are posted 5 days after check out.
We had a technical issue with the fall bonus points. This has been resolved. These points will be posted within a week. I do apologize for the inconvenience.
If you would like me to review your account, please send me a private message with your information.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by mlshanks
So I'd already had enough adventure on my September trip ("The Super 8.....that wasn't!"), I thought that the problems were over...

Except that on 11/6, I went to check my Wyndham account...and noticed that one of my stays had not posted. On the phone I went to Wyndham Rewards to see what had happened. According to them, one of the other hotels had not posted the points....but since I'd booked through the WR website (to get the Fall bonus points), the booking showed up and I was told it would post in "a couple of days" with the Fall bonus.

A couple of weeks later, the stay had posted....but no bonus points and no link to the $20 gift card. So I call again. And get told that I have to wait 6-8 weeks for bonus points to post....and the stay was 11/6. I explain that no, the stay was 9/20....and that the only thing 11/6 is when WR got around to entering the into into their system. And then the fun began... They claimed that the T&C only started when they entered the info....despite the fact that their website clearly said 6-8 weeks "AFTER YOUR STAY." I work my way through several levels of "phone help," until I finally get told that they will correct this... Except that, a week passes, and nothing changes.

Another call. Another set of claims that "my stay" was 11/6. Another set of promises broken. Another week passes, rinse and repeat. Another week passes, rinse and repeat.

Today something finally changes. I finally receive an e-mail with the link to the gift card...and it will take ANOTHER THREE TO FOUR WEEKS.... And CR AGENT NAME (name redacted by mod to protect privacy) just wants to let me know that "...you qualified for 1 of the $20 cash back rebates on 11/6/11..."

Because apparently they can't get it through their heads that I qualified according to their terms and conditions on 9/20 with my second stay....and they can't get their act together enough to actually honor the terms they wrote....or admit that they SCREWED UP.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Hello, I am sorry about the delay in your stay processing. Typically they are posted 5 days after check out.
We had a technical issue with the fall bonus points. This has been resolved. These points will be posted within a week. I do apologize for the inconvenience.
If you would like me to review your account, please send me a private message with your information.

Thank you!
I registered for the fall promo, had a stay in early October, single points posted in early October, but "Double points starting with 1st stay" have not posted. Should I give this some more time before inquiring?

Edited to add: Wyndham Rewards 2 took care of this. Thank you!!

Last edited by guffaw; Jan 20, 2012 at 5:45 pm
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA, HA, UR, BA
Originally Posted by guffaw
I registered for the fall promo, had a stay in early October, single points posted in early October, but "Double points starting with 1st stay" have not posted. Should I give this some more time before inquiring?
Guffaw your not alone I haven't gotten my points either.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:31 pm
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Hello - Can you please send me a private message with your account number? I will research why the bonus was not applied to your account.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by guffaw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.