FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Is there a list of hotels that are Level 1 (6k Wyndham Rewards points per night)? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1234673-there-list-hotels-level-1-6k-wyndham-rewards-points-per-night.html)

guffaw Jul 7, 2011 8:53 pm

Is there a list of hotels that are Level 1 (6k Wyndham Rewards points per night)?

Is there a list somewhere of the hotels that are Level 1 (6000 Wyndham Rewards points per night)?

Wyndham Rewards Jul 8, 2011 7:06 am

Originally Posted by guffaw (Post 16690129)
Is there a list somewhere of the hotels that are Level 1 (6000 Wyndham Rewards points per night)?

Hi,
You can search by location & select to view only properties at the 6000 point level at: https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=

There is not a list of all properties without selecting your destination though.

satori Aug 1, 2011 10:38 am

Interesting aspect of hotel loyalty programs is the marketing of promotions and particularly credit card bonus offers with the statement of how many free nights you earn (based on lowest reward category like 6,000 points for Wyndham Rewards), but then make it difficult to easily find hotels at the lowest reward category.

Hilton HHonors, Priority Club, Choice Privileges, Best Western Rewards and Wyndham Rewards all require a location to be searched in order to see hotel reward cost.

Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Gold Passport, Starwood Preferred Guest, Club Carlson provide hotel lists by hotel reward category.

Is it too much to ask for a simple list of hotels in each reward category?

Wyndham Rewards Aug 2, 2011 7:07 am

Originally Posted by satori (Post 16837501)
Interesting aspect of hotel loyalty programs is the marketing of promotions and particularly credit card bonus offers with the statement of how many free nights you earn (based on lowest reward category like 6,000 points for Wyndham Rewards), but then make it difficult to easily find hotels at the lowest reward category.

Hilton HHonors, Priority Club, Choice Privileges, Best Western Rewards and Wyndham Rewards all require a location to be searched in order to see hotel reward cost.

Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Gold Passport, Starwood Preferred Guest, Club Carlson provide hotel lists by hotel reward category.

Is it too much to ask for a simple list of hotels in each reward category?

Hello,
We always appreciate feedback from our members - thank you for your insights. We can take this into consideration in future planning.

Minos Feb 1, 2012 9:21 pm

I guess the Consideration takes time...
I have yet to see a property at 6K

I wonder whether the Days Inn dump I was at in Pensacola yesterday night would qualify at 6k.

Critters everywhere in the room AND in the bed.
Breakfast with no jam (sorry, we have no more jam) , orange juice only upon repeated request and no other juice flavor available (apple), all that at 8am...

What a dump

Minos

tsmith12 Feb 3, 2012 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Minos (Post 17934691)
I guess the Consideration takes time...
I have yet to see a property at 6K

I wonder whether the Days Inn dump I was at in Pensacola yesterday night would qualify at 6k.

Critters everywhere in the room AND in the bed.
Breakfast with no jam (sorry, we have no more jam) , orange juice only upon repeated request and no other juice flavor available (apple), all that at 8am...

What a dump

Minos

You can try to look up hotels in a particular area and filter the search results to include 6000 points level 1 hotels (try booking under the reward points rate/reservation). The most 6000 pt hotels I've seen within a 20 miles radius was around Orlando Disney/Universal area.

rack him Oct 20, 2012 9:23 am

By using the "hunt & peck" method, I found one Category 1 hotel - a Howard Johnson in Villahermosa, Mexico.

Has anyone else found a Category 1 hotel, and if so, where is the location?

RobertTheTraveler Oct 21, 2012 3:57 am

They are out there.....

There are three in the metro Kansas City area.....two Super8 and a Travelodge.

When a $25 gift card goes for 6500 points, that make the free night value pretty darn low.

The 6K-point properties are out there.

og Oct 24, 2012 12:33 am

Howard Johnson, Kingston ON - but only in the "off season".